Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8392 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »
 :rofl oooo the drama. Kill the troops and they can't take bases. ENY, caps, prime time, off peak time. Kill the troops and they can't take bases. Dantoo, Loki how many troops did YOU kill?

Just dust yourselves off and get back in there. Next week you're be hoarding rooks and nits. That map has always sucked and everyone knows it. Personally i'd be happy to see the POS reset.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »
Sorry, but I have to comment: Who said you have to push the third country even farther? Au contraire: Being a well organized squad, you could actually move things in a different direction.
Switch to Knights and then do a nice organized bomb raid on rookland. Maybe just flatten a town or two to stir it up. You would make a nice darbar, and if they notice you are not doing a strat run but are threatening their bases, you will see defenders upping. If not, they will lose a field, which sends a nice message too.

A single player doesn't have this option. Four or more players like you guys who are knowing what to do, have.

My post was a response to saying I could switch countries "and join the horde".  That was what I was referring too. 

In this particular case, I was the only 91st Member on.  I do see your point in different situations though, but it is 91st policy not to switch sides.  That is not my choice but I respect it, talk to the boss about that one.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2010, 05:51:31 PM »
not a new situation rooks and nits never fight each other
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
I’m sure that those that were breathing threatening and murder at HTC were those that routinely say, “If you don’t want your base to be shut down or taken, get off your butt and defend it”   

Nope.  I am a regular proponent of the thought that if you don't want your base to be shut down or taken then defend it as it's a true of an axiom as you'll ever get in this game.  However, you won't find me in any posts that are in agreement with the latest whines from the Bishops that got the shaft on Uterus.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2010, 05:55:11 PM »
Dantoo, Loki how many troops did YOU kill?

Sorry I must have missed something?  Please point out where in my post it says:

I was complaining about the map?  The "gang"? The "hordes"? Any aspect of gameplay?  
Me, I was enjoying myself playing except for one single aspect, what I was seeing and hearing.  That was the only experience that was new.  Nothing in the gameplay was in any way unfamiliar to me or made me uncomfortable a moment.  I like the new arena arrangement.  Over the years like everybody else, I've been ganged, vulched, pushed to the tower unable to fly because of hangars, eny etc..  Doesn't matter a fig to me. It must be a misunderstanding and because it is now a long thread that you and at least one other seem to have forgotten what I wrote.  Here it is for you again:

I've been playing here for a decade.

This is the first and only occasion where I have endured an atmosphere of genuine "hatred" for yourself and game.  It is unsettling.  I want no part of it.

Do yourself a favour - log in - go Bishop and just observe.  It's not nice.  You might want to reset the map or something because you simply need to show some sort of positive reaction.

respect and best regards.

For those that missed what happened after that.  HiTech logged in fairly quickly.  He spotted a technical problem and made some changes in respect of that.  That and his actual presence in the arena settled down the more worrisome outbursts.  There was quite a few people that were putting strong but civil views to HT about what seemed to be a number of issues.  I assume he was listening.  World was suddenly less evil.  I went to bed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:56:57 PM by Dantoo »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
sometimes, HiTech just needs to draw the line and restart the arena....They are trying to even out gameplay??? Doesn't look like it! Its happened in the past, 2 o bigtoeries gang up on one..........GET OVER IT!!!!!   BUT, when the 2 countries eliminate the one country to only 3 bases, THEN you must restart the map.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
I feel it's a bit unfortunate that it had to come to this first, before they were put back into the game.

:rock)--------    :cry    --------(:rock

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »
At least this time they kept their strat. Couple weeks ago they were down to three bases and did not have their strat due to the capturable bases by their HQs. :salute

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
 World was suddenly less evil.  I went to bed.

I trust while you were there at Hitech's side, no doubt identifying the various offensive individuals via PM he at least
gave you a pat or two on the head before sending you to bed where you could be in your "happy place".
I'm glad the world is now a better place for you. :D

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
Odd I'm sure you meant that as humour and I'm missing it because I'm tired.  I didn't speak directly to HT for more than a line that said "thanks for coming and goodnight".

I hope the people that were having the problems took the opportunity to speak to him.  I know personally a couple of them have been here since the beta. Never saw such things before. I don't know, but would imagine, that most of the people that were displaying signs of stress and anger might only take that single opportunity to communicate to HTC.  The chances of them putting their grievances on the BBS would be very low.  Most people don't use it.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »

requoted just for the stupid factor!  :x

<----- was upping off a knit CV for over an hour today, attacking a rook field....... at the far north end of that pond....... :joystick:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »

What a load, even from an emotional and not very logical standpoint.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
sometimes, HiTech just needs to draw the line and restart the arena....They are trying to even out gameplay??? Doesn't look like it! Its happened in the past, 2 otoenailries gang up on one..........GET OVER IT!!!!!   BUT, when the 2 countries eliminate the one country to only 3 bases, THEN you must restart the map.

What would be the difference if the only three bases left were the three uncapturable bases?

Like someone already said, I guess it's not about taking bases and winining war.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
I can't believe I read through those last 6 pages. Not sure what's more retarded, me or this thread.
See Rule #4