Author Topic: Access Package Based on Fee Amount  (Read 1136 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Access Package Based on Fee Amount
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
With all the recent threads about "Free WWI" or "Free EW", how about this?

Package 1 $4.95/month
 Gets you TA, WWI and EW

Package 2 $9.95/month
 Gets you package 1 plus DA and MW

Package 3 $14.95/month
 Gets you full access to everything
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Access Package Based on Fee Amount
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:09:47 AM »
+1

There is some merit in the idea of lowered adoption threshold.  Never underestimate the power of the thin end of a wedge.  ;)

You are at least getting in the door and getting the client installed and they have to keep it current.  That makes it easier for them to sign up for the full package at any time.  They don't have to download anything else at that point if they've already been playing WWI.  Heck, even most of their joystick setting are probably OK.

It also help provide "content" in the form of targets in your non-premier "Boutique" arenas like WWI and EW.  

(However, I wonder if you have WWI over-priced in its current form.  :t)

Regards,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
a positive about this, there would be an increase in numbers in the smaller arenas... I think I like it

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »
smart thinking. id love to start seeing mid and early war having members again! :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »
smart thinking. id love to start seeing mid and early war having members again! :aok

I'd rather like to see the things adjusted that killed off EW in the first place.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
I'd rather like to see the things adjusted that killed off EW in the first place.
good point. i never really got into why this happened... Why'd it happen?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:14 AM »
The new towns, the 17-pounder anti-tank guns, etc.  All are features tooled for a populated arena with LW armor and equipment and a little unfair to underpopulated arenas with weak early/mid war equipment.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »
good point. i never really got into why this happened... Why'd it happen?

There are a lot of reasons to it, and a complete discussion is way out of topic.

But one of the big problems of EW had been the settings. You have the same ack levels, town sizes and so on like in LW (including 17lbs AT guns on gv bases!) - but the planes & vehicles are much less capable. In fact, after the new towns were introduced in tour 126, it was as finally someone pulled the plug. - Activity in EW (measured by kills as well as played time) has dropped by about 90%  during 2010. And another setting problem was the overwhelming dominance of the Hurricane II both in usage as well in K/D . It doesn't help gameplay when a single defender has to cope with a swarm of Hurricane IICs. In LW it would quickly have been perked.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »
Can we have a platinum package that includes sheep?   :D

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »
There are a lot of reasons to it, and a complete discussion is way out of topic.

But one of the big problems of EW had been the settings. You have the same ack levels, town sizes and so on like in LW (including 17lbs AT guns on gv bases!) - but the planes & vehicles are much less capable. In fact, after the new towns were introduced in tour 126, it was as finally someone pulled the plug. - Activity in EW (measured by kills as well as played time) has dropped by about 90%  during 2010. And another setting problem was the overwhelming dominance of the Hurricane II both in usage as well in K/D . It doesn't help gameplay when a single defender has to cope with a swarm of Hurricane IICs. In LW it would quickly have been perked.

IIRC there was one skwad that flew in EW, all on the same side.  If the changes did anything, it cleaned the place up as well as out.

Apparently they have moved to LW, where it's still "too hard" to take a base.

If 50 cents a day for full access is too much then you are either a very casual gamer who doesn't really care anyway or you don't need to be spending the money.

Now if you are that casual gamer that is willing to pay less for less access and maybe not actually play then it's just free money in Hitech's pocket.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »

+1
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »

Thank you

BTW, I think HT should have a tiered subscriptions system.  Say $5/mo. for only WWI, $10/mo for WWI, EW and MW and $15/mo. for everything or something similar.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 03:33:54 AM »
what if i only want to pay for AvA?   Its really the only thing im interested in and to be honest the only reason i still play after almost a decade.  I dont think they will ever go this rout though, its kind of like joining a gym.  You pay the same if you use 1 machine or all of them every time you go. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »

But one of the big problems of EW had been the settings. You have the same ack levels, town sizes and so on like in LW (including 17lbs AT guns on gv bases!) - but the planes & vehicles are much less capable. In fact, after the new towns were introduced in tour 126, it was as finally someone pulled the plug. - Activity in EW (measured by kills as well as played time) has dropped by about 90%  during 2010. And another setting problem was the overwhelming dominance of the Hurricane II both in usage as well in K/D . It doesn't help gameplay when a single defender has to cope with a swarm of Hurricane IICs. In LW it would quickly have been perked.

us at SOAR used to allways go into the early war, we considered it much more fun than late war and was a great squad-cooperation building arena. but then when the new towns came out, it became too much of a choir to take a field, we'd sometimes up 2 t34s and 1 b25(me) on old towns, but with new towns, i'd drop all my bombs, 2 t34s would unload all there HE, but by the time we allmost had town down, it would start popping again, so we said the hell with it and came to late war. i remember some epic times in EW tho... like shooting up imadots spit1 in my hurr1  :devil <S>

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
With all the recent threads about "Free WWI" or "Free EW", how about this?

Package 1 $4.95/month
 Gets you TA, WWI and EW

Package 2 $9.95/month
 Gets you package 1 plus DA and MW

Package 3 $14.95/month
 Gets you full access to everything

What about FSO and the special Events? Im guessin that would be with Package 3?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35