Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12888 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #330 on: December 13, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »
Cause if you think about it, if we let everybody up the early war birds for free, it may just generate some interest!!!

:neener:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
Cause if you think about it, if we let everybody up the early war birds for free, it may just generate some interest!!!

I hear the AvA is full of people when the 262s are enabled and the fights are awesom.  HT was talking about splitting that arena due to the big numbers.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »
unperk everything for a month and see what happens, if it's good then great if not then go back, i would just be curious to see how gameplay would change, equal planes for everyone seems to me would be a equal playing field,  new players coming into this game are at a total disadvantage with the steep learning curve, they get frustrated, which tend to make some not go past the 2 week trial   
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »
unperk everything for a month and see what happens, if it's good then great if not then go back, i would just be curious to see how gameplay would change, equal planes for everyone seems to me would be a equal playing field,  new players coming into this game are at a total disadvantage with the steep learning curve, they get frustrated, which tend to make some not go past the 2 week trial   

Equal planes for everyone would mean that every one is in the same plane.  So, really, an arena with 262s. 

It is a lot easier for a new guy to fly a spit16 than it is to fly a Tempest anyways.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »
Nothing you can do is ever going to make LW not suck.  Just too many people playing, herding together, smack talking, generally being asinine towards each other.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Nothing you can do is ever going to make LW not suck.  Just too many people playing, herding together, smack talking, generally being asinine towards each other.

Not unlike our BBS.

:rofl,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »

Makes you want to cry  :cry

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2010, 03:24:35 PM »
Nothing you can do is ever going to make LW not suck.  Just too many people playing, herding together, smack talking, generally being asinine towards each other.
I always thought that was the beauty of LW  :headscratch:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:46 PM »
I always thought that was the beauty of LW  :headscratch:

Maybe that's the appeal to a few throwbacks. Possibly one reason why the subscription numbers have always been so low is that the game is advertised as being WW2 Air Combat Sim etc etc.. Doesn't take long to realise it's just Air Quake with a capture the flag deathmatch attitude to match. Possibly emphasised even more by some squads who's forte and favourite terminology is "seal smacking".

And of course not helped by a score system and posting #1 rankings for the month on the main page. I've always thought that's very counter productive from trying to promote the game as being more missions,squads, team work and strategy focused. It use to be that way inclined up to about 2003 but has leaned more towards Air Quake ever since.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »
 :lol Can't say I disagree with that Gixer   :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »
Maybe that's the appeal to a few throwbacks. Possibly one reason why the subscription numbers have always been so low is that the game is advertised as being WW2 Air Combat Sim etc etc.. Doesn't take long to realise it's just Air Quake with a capture the flag deathmatch attitude to match. Possibly emphasised even more by some squads who's forte and favourite terminology is "seal smacking".

And of course not helped by a score system and posting #1 rankings for the month on the main page. I've always thought that's very counter productive from trying to promote the game as being more missions,squads, team work and strategy focused. It use to be that way inclined up to about 2003 but has leaned more towards Air Quake ever since.

<S>...-Gixer

This about accurately reflects what is happening.   :aok

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2010, 04:12:27 PM »
Makes me wonder what the game would have been like if Combat Tour would have materialized. It was sure a disappointment for me when it didn't. I'd much rather be addicted to something like CT then Air Quake.
Lighten up Francis

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #342 on: December 13, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

<S>...-Gixer

Hammer meets the nail on this one  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:01 PM »
This idea has been knocking around for a lot of years - but I gotta wonder if the score pages are the CAUSE of the decried behavior, or simply a response to it.

Seems to me that people are going to compete this way regardless...especially that majority of us with XY chromosomes.

Further seems to me that the biggest issue has been the numbers, pure and simple. When the game has SO many players, it's going to be crowded. And in that crowd we'll be more likely to run into...ummm...dysfunctional folks than we were in the less populated days.

In other words, what we're talking about is what happens naturally when a small town becomes a city.

Least, that's what I think.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: December 13, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »

<S>...-Gixer

Now this guy Gixer truely gets it!  :salute

... Just wishing more folks get it too!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!