Author Topic: Unperk everything in Latewar  (Read 12883 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Unperk everything in Latewar
« Reply #300 on: December 10, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 02:23:05 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Funny how Levi was the Grizz of AW and of AH until recently and then the new and improved Grizz/Levi is here arguing with his shade account Levi ver. 1.1 to keep us entertained while HiTech is knitting us a new game for Christmass. Levi/deadf in AW flew exactly like Grizz does now in AHII.

Levi weren't you a college kid in AW?? You flew Aland alot in spits. You always came in high, smoked everyone and landed strings of kills with half your plane shot to pieces. It always seemed like his only reason to be in the game was to ruin your day by showing up and spanking everyone around you while you had a string of hard earned kills to take home and land.

But then AW was just an arkady cartoonish shootemup compaired to AH and it's superior coad and players........... :old:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #302 on: December 10, 2010, 02:36:39 PM »
Funny how Levi was the Grizz of AW and of AH until recently and then the new and improved Grizz/Levi is here arguing with his shade account Levi ver. 1.1 to keep us entertained while HiTech is knitting us a new game for Christmass. Levi/deadf in AW flew exactly like Grizz does now in AHII.

Levi weren't you a college kid in AW?? You flew Aland alot in spits. You always came in high, smoked everyone and landed strings of kills with half your plane shot to pieces. It always seemed like his only reason to be in the game was to ruin your day by showing up and spanking everyone around you while you had a string of hard earned kills to take home and land.

But then AW was just an arkady cartoonish shootemup compaired to AH and it's superior coad and players........... :old:

He flew a 38 as +Dead in The Nomads for quite some time, as well as DeadF.  He also flew for B-land when he joined The Nomads.

mir

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
And so GrizzRock was born  :neener:

<---Owns You.  :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2010, 04:24:35 PM »
I could care less.  If I cared what anyone thought, I wouldn't be calling out the gods.

Back to the original point, turny birds are easy mode.

Thank you for the much needed distraction on this dreary friday morning of work though.   :aok

Roping turny birds in K-4 is hard though, right?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »
Roping turny birds in K-4 is hard though, right?

No, but hitting them is, as evident by the lack of skilled K4 pilots in the game.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »
He flew a 38 as +Dead in The Nomads for quite some time, as well as DeadF.  He also flew for B-land when he joined The Nomads.

mir

Seems like we flew for every letter at one point or another :) 

He flew and talked a mean Yak back in those days too. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #308 on: December 10, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »

mir

I taught him everything he knows. One other thing he never went over 5k as the thin air above that alt was bad for his skin.
And he sucked.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #309 on: December 10, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
Silat is sexy.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2010, 08:26:16 PM »
I taught him everything he knows. One other thing he never went over 5k as the thin air above that alt was bad for his skin.
And he sucked.

Bout time you showed up!  Discussion on squad last night was whether you'd finally been sent to the home as we'd not seen you up in while :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2010, 04:15:24 AM »
ack ack did made no mention of my statement so i must conclude that my statement, although not likely 100% positive was close enough to the truth that he was comfortable with it as being an accurate portrait of him, proof of this being that he did not turn his razor shape tongue/typing fingers on me in dispute.

Actually I've pretty much ignored your posts in this thread because you really don't know how I fly or fight and all you base it on is what you hear from others as they whine on Channel 200 after I've shot them down.

I'll let you go now because I'm sure you're late for your weekly meeting of the Grizz FanBoi Club  :D

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #312 on: December 12, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
I was in at the tail end of the Blue Knights' run, and I gotta say that I've never seen anything like the "just for fun" films they posted.

Like upping Vals and flying in the mud just for giggles, and Levi landing  - what was it - 8? - kills, no rearm.

Like having the entire squad LAND their planes on a cruiser, undamaged.

If you want to say those things aren't impressive, then post your own film doing the same. We'll all wait!.....But what impressed me more than anything was that they seemed to be playing purely for the fun of it. They'd go out and reap a harvest of kills, mostly in the mud and at disadvantage, and then they'd giggle and find some more. Any plane, any situation, disadvantaged cause it was more fun for THEM.

I'll never be a great, and in fact (looking back) what drove me out of the game was the frustration of trying and trying but not reaching my goals. Those guys didn't even know I existed, as far as I know (though I did have some fun with Morpheus and Slap later on). So I don't have a horse in this race.

But it seems to me that, like Guppy said, those guys who really ARE great don't have to say a word. It's just obvious to anyone who sees them operate. And the corollary is this: If you gotta blow your horn, you're probably producing a fair amount of hot air.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:41:57 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #313 on: December 12, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
Actually I've pretty much ignored your posts in this thread because you really don't know how I fly or fight and all you base it on is what you hear from others as they whine on Channel 200 after I've shot them down.

I'll let you go now because I'm sure you're late for your weekly meeting of the Grizz FanBoi Club  :D

ack-ack

so you ingnored me???? and how many days later did you get around to sneaking this in???? ack ack your a goof!!!  :D

i know how you fly from watching you as well as hearing of your exploits, am i an ack-ack expert? nope, dont know you as a person and your not a squaddie so i dont care enough about you to be bothered to pay much attention to you. but you are a very talented player so when im in the area of you i will watch and learn when possible.

but of course nothing in your post refutes what i said, you just made a very weak attempt to undermine my statement by insulting and undermining me or my access to information. thus i reiterate what i said before and still stand by it as the truth as i know it.

As i stated before, Grizz is far from one of my favorite people, we are not what you would call "friends", but this does not deminish his skill as a player.

i have more self respect than most so i will not allow personality conflicts between me and another to sway or taint my opinion regarding that persons talent or skill in any particular thing. if a person is good at something i will call it so, even if i hate that person, if they suck i will state it even if that person is my friend. if i lie based upon personal opinion then i cheapen myself an my personal intergrity by allowing emotion to control intelect.

so i guess my point is that all of you who would consider Grizz to not be a very talented and skilled player at this game are either ignorant to the facts and just spouting off at the mouth because you like being part of the picking horde, or you know better but are intentionally choosing instead to allow your personal integrity to be corrupted by your dislike of him as a person, for whatever personal reason(s) you may have.

you wanna talk trash about Grizz then have some integrity and self respect and do it over something based in fact(s), not by trying to take away from him his talents and skills in this game that are both respectable and were well earned.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #314 on: December 12, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »
So about that EW/MW unperk thing.......................

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.