Author Topic: urgent topic: map rotation  (Read 2790 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: urgent topic: map rotation
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »
oh noez!  :eek:

After weeks of hearing & reading how HTC has bowed to us furballers and had completely messed up the war aspect of AH, it's now the furballer's turn to tell everybody how HTC has bowed to us landgrabbers and made the game easy-mode for us crybabies...

:lol

Face it Lusche.  You're a FurShed'r!!

:neener:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »

Face it Lusche.  You're a FurShed'r!!

:neener:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech

This is really good Hitech.  I do not concern myself with the war at all but I am completely in the camp that the balance needs to be addressed.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
Fixed (in 2 weeks  :neener: )

Good to hear HiTech.  I sincerely accept the explanation of unintended consequences.  Have you considered that even though unintended, this has been a trend dating back to the release of AH2?   :bolt:  No, I am not suggesting a move back to the old days, and old ways.  To the contrary, something entirely new and different would be refreshing.  :pray

By the way the look and feel of the new towns is awesome.  The game play aspect, is very challenging.  I guess, after 10 years of trying to learn to understand the flight characteristics of a few AH planes, I am more interested in zooming in on a target, scoring a hit and moving on to the next.  The "where the heck is that gun/building up" scratching my head looking like I lost my car keys on the way to a playoff game, aspect has driven me nuts (some would say further nuts).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:20:43 AM by Chilli »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech
I sure hope it's not going back to what it was. :noid  I still find it awesome every time I take a GV into a town.

I just hope it's one of those idea's you had posted in another thread...I believe one of them involved a white flag and/or smoke at the map room of town.  If you go the smoke route, maybe a white/light gray smoke?  Black would indicate the map room has been destroyed/set on fire. lol  Just my opinion but, black smoke would not fit well as the indicator (plus I know some folks would for some reason, think it was a smoking wirble in town....don't see how but... :noid :lol).

...“HT they are porking the fuel at our base, we can’t fly to 30 k and pick”. Another idea, only able to pork fuel down to 75%, taking part of strat killing out of game making it a bit harder to reset map.
For some strange reason I've been told, "You cannot defend a field with 25% fuel...".  It's like a plane can't fly with 25% fuel when the fuel tanks are destroyed....  I would LOVE to see the drop to 25% when all fuel tanks are destroyed, returned.  At the VERY least, a drop to 50% would make it better.

... “HT the towns are to small, one guy can take down a town”. Another idea(which I like) make towns bigger, making it a lot harder to reset map.
I really like the change to the town.  The main problem is getting people to do it.

...“HT the NOE’s are killing the game”. So lets change the radar to what ever it was so no more NOE’s, map reset bit harder, (I guess now it’s back up to some unknown level that I don’t know).
I can agree that dropping the dar makes it a bit more challenge, and fun.  Problem is, they are set way too low.  Come on man...  Not even the detection systems in STAR TREK are this good.... :noid :rofl

Back to topic:
On the uterus map, doesn't help that no-one is actually TRYING to reset the map.  They seem content on pounding on the bish (which they deserve :devil  :lol  j/k) and furballing.  It might be the fact that 40% fields is too much.  You practically have to take a side out of the war to obtain 40%.  I think it should be downgraded to 30%.  Your thoughts on this?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »

HiTech
<S> HiTech thank you sir <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:38 AM »
usually I try not to bump threads, particularly not my own...

But we still really need a regular manual reset. We are still stuck with Mindanao for over a month now in offpeak.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2011, 06:10:43 AM »

But we still really need a regular manual reset. We are still stuck with Mindanao for over a month now in offpeak.
try having fun in trinity for over a month. Im running out of planes to use in pointless missions. Nobody wants to lose
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:13 AM »

Maybe you could send a nicely worded PM to Skuzzy and have him do a swap?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »
The off hours map could reset after the Titanic Tuesday. 

I never thought I'd complain about the map, any map, but this map we are on now in the off hours is getting old mostly because it has a bottle neck.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
Maybe you could send a nicely worded PM to Skuzzy and have him do a swap?

I'm afraid Skuzzy doesn't reset a map just because any single player is asking to do so.
This is requiring a more fundamental decision by HTC: Scheduled rotation yes or no.

We had been there before.  After the war victory requirements had been changed to current system a few years ago, we hat a similar stale situation for a long time, until they reintroduced the weekly map reset.
Since then, LWO was mostly reset on tuesdays by Skuzzy, the war was rarly won there. It happened more often in Blue, because of the number of small maps in rotation there and having player numbers in the low tens most of the time, which allowed for milkrunning bases (see EW & MW).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:48:57 PM by Lusche »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »
I'm afraid Skuzzy doesn't reset a map just because any single player is asking to do so.
This is requiring a more fundamental decision by HTC: Scheduled rotation yes or no.

We had been there before.  After the war victory requirements had been changed to current system a few years ago, we hat a similar stale situation for a long time, until they reintroduced the weekly map reset.

HEY !!! Back to WORK YOU !!!   :aok