Author Topic: Maps are STALE  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Maps are STALE
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »
Ummm... Started around 20-30 'man-hours' and went to 90+ 'man-hours.'       More than twice as much.

The increase to 90+ hours is being caused by more than just bigger towns. The average played time per captured base is not only influenced by the town size and layout itself, but also heavily depending on the total arena environment. With only a single small map arena at offpeak times, there is much less opportunity to sneak bases. Most bases had traditionally been captured by a few players milking an otherwise almost empty LWB at offpeak times. (The reset frequency for LWB had been much greater than for LWO on the past years). A higher density of players on the frontline means more effort for taking a base is necessary.

So, after town & radar changes, the former time of ~25h/capture for the LW arenas doubled, and after the new arena setup it approximately doubled it again.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Maps are STALE
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »
LoL.  I was digging thru my CD's the other day looking for some source code and found an old backup of the original project and data.  I thought briefly about converting it to the new map format if possible, just for laughs.  If we still had open H2H, I would have, just to irk some people. ;)

But, instead, I just tossed it.   :rofl

Wab

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo !!!!

Revive AKDesert.

I loved that map.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."