Author Topic: Solution for Town Capture Stalemate  (Read 2255 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Solution for Town Capture Stalemate
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »
The towns are larger and requires lots of players to coordinate the take down and capture.  Solution would be for HTC to place in the arena table a programmable percentage for town building destoyed for capture.   67%   82% and so on.

This way M3's and C-47's can constantly drop troops and the base will eventually be captured.  We just won't know the exact percentage of buildings needed.  No different then CM's changing the amount of troops needed for capture in the SEA arenas.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Solution for Town Capture Stalemate
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
Don't mind me....Im just onna sit over here and watch---------------------->
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »
The towns are larger and requires lots of players to coordinate the take down and capture.  Solution would be for HTC to place in the arena table a programmable percentage for town building destoyed for capture.   67%   82% and so on.

This way M3's and C-47's can constantly drop troops and the base will eventually be captured.  We just won't know the exact percentage of buildings needed.  No different then CM's changing the amount of troops needed for capture in the SEA arenas.
Is it really that big of an issue to take out a town? Just curiouser
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
curiouser

Wouldn't it be more curious? :D
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:16:19 PM »
Hitech has posted that some changes will be made to the towns for the next release. They never intended for the towns to be more difficult to capture.

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
As much as I like the new towns...A little bit less trees and such would be nice. :salute
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
Town down?

Yes, drop troops.

I see a building up!

No that's ok, we can have 10 buildings still up.

Troops did not take. What happened?

IDK lets count the building.

Damn, we have 11 building up not 10. I thought thous 2 were a single building.

"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
Hitech posted that they were considering something very much like this and there would be a flag in the town that showed its status.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 09:05:39 PM »
With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:57 PM »
Wouldn't it be more curious? :D
My phone fudged it up :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »
The new towns are fantastic!

You can still take it down very quickly with 1-3 guys who know what they are doing.  

It is the out lying buildings that are the main problem because it takes WAY more passes to kill them all and of course giving the defenders lots of time to get up.   Which is a GOOD thing.  

I think on some maps we need them moved away from base slightly some are literally on top of the field.  

Extend the downtime to maybe 60 minutes just so you have that little extra time.  

Job done.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:21:16 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 03:59:21 AM »
The unfortunate result of months of practice by folks trying to figure out the new field captures and anti stealth settings has been the "mother of all hordes" group effort.   :airplane:  :airplane:  :airplane:  :airplane:  :airplane:

I am afraid that the emphasis in future changes will only address the "difficulty" in base capture (+ / - ).   Making base capture more obtainable with lesser numbers will be a good start.  It should offer more battles.  However, it could also lead to frequent map resets, and milkrunning.

What worries me the most, is that the "stale" portion of stalemate may have already sailed.  Players have expressed their fatigue over repetitive rolls in a number of different styles or preferences of options.  I know this may sound harsh or (some other large word, that means I don't have a clue about the complexities involved), but I would love to see this game step up, once again and offer just the sort of tweak in game play, that simply is enjoyable to players at all skill levels.  :pray

Bruv, please take this as a compliment.  When you have achieved 3 top seats in fighter categories, and I have seen you land greater than 17 kills twice within 15 minutes, I will have to say that your skill level far exceeds that of the typical town porker.  What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it.  Getting locked in a 60 minute battle over a single airfield, multiplies the odds for most of us loosing cartoon lives.   The appeal of the NOE, and the horde has been the likelihood of survival and success.  There you go, maybe that is the key, better chances at survival.  How does one achieve that?  Reducing 262 availability?  Reducing the popularity of the 109K4?  Reducing the range of the La7?  Reducing the one shot killz from a Tiger opponent?  Scary to think, but we have the mid war arena and until LW got shut down yesterday, it has been difficult to find a fight there, but it fits the above scenario.

Proximities of towns and spawns are specific to maps and make them challenging in different ways, and I agree we are not clear on where challenge becomes more fun or less fun, so having a mix could be beneficial. 

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 05:06:17 AM »

except that it doesnt feature a mcdonalds or starbucks.
you cant call it a town w/o one.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »

You can still take it down very quickly with 1-3 guys who know what they are doing.  

It is the out lying buildings that are the main problem because it takes WAY more passes to kill them all and of course giving the defenders lots of time to get up.   Which is a GOOD thing.  

I think on some maps we need them moved away from base slightly some are literally on top of the field.  

Extend the downtime to maybe 60 minutes just so you have that little extra time.  

Job done.
The new towns are pretty, but they need a pub and a post office.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:11 AM »
Ive been involved with 3 captures in the last coupla weeks which took just 4 players. each time there was a coupla tanks and at least one fighter defending. captures dont require a horde, and they arent that difficult even with the new town layout.

otoh this week Ive also been sitting at the map room gunning down buildings with a LVT's .30cal for 20mins while 15-20 friendly hogs dropped bombs on all the hangars on a medium base and killed 2x SBs, completely ignoring the town. the chat on country followed something like "why didnt we take that base? we needed more players" ...  :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli