Author Topic: Dear players of this silly game :  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
Re: Dear players of this silly game :
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
1) Please stop whining, it gets quite old.

Aw, quit whinin' about whiney posts. Your is actually one. If you read carefully in here, you'll find that perhaps
one post in a hundred is actual on-topic and worth reading. The rest are either bashing, whining, or generally
pissin' on any leg that happens to be near at the moment.
  Hell, if it weren't for the ability to put those stupid emoticons, half the posts in here wouldn't even get worked up.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »
Rome wasn't built in a day... But Rome also fell, and the root cause is yet to be 100% certain.
I doubt it was because the citizens whining took its toll on the Senate, so they decided to close the empire.

No, years and years of over-expanding, poor rulers, Germanic peoples and other invaders, made Rome fall, over a period of about ~300 years.

And yes, revolts and coups from inside the country did in fact play a part in the downfall of Rome.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
 :aok +1 to Eskimo :salute  :rock
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »
No, years and years of over-expanding, poor rulers, Germanic peoples and other invaders, made Rome fall, over a period of about ~300 years.

And yes, revolts and coups from inside the country did in fact play a part in the downfall of Rome.

Actually it was a lack of orgies that caused Rome's downfall  :salute

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
Dear Players Of This Silly Game,

If there is ever anything that gets changed or fixed that you do not like, suck it up and change the way that you like the game.  You are being a cry baby.  Never question the man or his changes, he is always right, and you are always wrong.  Mistakes are never made that would inadvertently throw the balance of the game off for example.  That simply can't happen because the man does not make mistakes, EVER.  The problem is clearly with you, the player, and your inferior mode of gameplay.  You are easy moding second class aces high citizens.  Please continue paying your $15 dollars per month.  Do not question decisions made.  Do not question the man.

Yours Truly,
The Furballing Community

:rolleyes:

Im so looking forward to the day that we dumb this game down so much there will be no need for flight modeling. Soon guys will be loading their mission planner with "planes with big guns to shoot as many buidlings" or "bombers with the most bombs". I cant wait for the day the arena message will say " 1...2..3 READY SET GOOO!!..reset the map!!!
I say screw the art of ACM..lets make hangars go down with 1k and keep down for an hour  so the nasty defenders cant kill our 20 goons. Heck, while were at it..I'll get a a few freinds to subscribe so long as radar is sset at 5k to insure them not being able to pop because you know "its too hard to fly level any lower". Its gonna be awsome I cant wait  :rock
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 02:01:33 PM »
Im so looking forward to the day that we dumb this game down so much

Has the game really been dumbed down like you infer?  From all I have seen, it has gotten more difficult with each update.

Perhaps i am wrong though.  Please explain how the game has been dumbed down. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:03:20 PM by grizz441 »

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 02:18:09 PM »
Rome wasn't built in a day... But Rome also fell, and the root cause is yet to be 100% certain.
I doubt it was because the citizens whining took its toll on the Senate, so they decided to close the empire.

Ummm that's pretty much what happened. Far from the "sack" of Rome, the Huns (who had fundamentally become the Roman's European army) turned up in Rome looking to be paid. The Roman senate went, "err, no dosh, sorry Huns" and the Huns went, "Righto then" and went home. Rome's decay is more to do with a changing social fabric brought about by Christianity. (Sound familiar?)

So therefore the fall of Rome was precipitated by the Huns whining about not being paid.
Retired

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
Has the game really been dumbed down like you infer?  From all I have seen, it has gotten more difficult with each update.

I might be mistaking, but isnt a goal of any game to make it harder? Take the perspective that its been more of a "challenge" rather than being difficult.

The dime a dozen threads about radar set too low and now "we cant sneak bases" and threats of leaving because of it. Im no elitist or purist at that, I follow the guidelines and find my fun no matter what is thrown at me in the game. ENY too high?..no biggie, change sides or find a nice ride. Getting ganged? no problem..Ill up at another base and have my try at picking the pickers. I die more than I kill, but what keeps me going in this game is that Im getting better with time. Its called patience in this game, some of which a majority of players DONT have. If things dont go their way when they want it..they whine, beg and rant and thats whats happening. Deal with the changes, yes its more difficult, but whats to say the old way wasnt "too easy". Given time and the new system will need a new system and we're right back to where we are now

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »
 I don't think its been dumbed down, maybe it's the new Console Gamer crowd where you just want to put guns on target and kill :x kill  :x, kill  :x, kill  :x, score  :x score  :x rank  :x rank  :x  must be the best in the game  :x

i think what made me finally realize this is when i was saddled up on a spit 600 out and closing , 3 friendlies dove in between me and the spit blocking any kind of shot and proceeded to take turns killing it in there spits, i told them what i thought of there move, they all 3 land with 5 to 7 kills each, Pfft  now i know how

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »

The howls would come from the other side of the fence if they made the planes more "challenging" to fly.

A little more realism in operation of the planes apparently is order, if they indeed are looking to be challenged.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »
Please remove yourself from the forums. Would be a big plus to the game. :aok

If enough people voiced the same opinion, then I would. Start a petition for all I care, I'd rather enjoy counting
the number of people that dislike me.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
The howls would come from the other side of the fence if they made the planes more "challenging" to fly.

A little more realism in operation of the planes apparently is order, if they indeed are looking to be challenged.
If the change is across the board..who gives a flying *** what they change? Just means its going to be harder for the next person to adapt as much is hard for you too.

You guys crying that towns are too hard to take. Look on the bright side...Its that much harder for the enemy to take your real estate

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »
I agree with EskimoJoe. I have whined on occasion but I'd rather play the game "as is" than play no game at all. The ten hours a day I play Aces High is ten hours I don't have to spend with my wife. Please don't take the game away. I beg you!!!!!!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »
I might be mistaking, but isnt a goal of any game to make it harder?

no.

Most games strive for a gameplay balance, and once that is reached, the relative difficulty (or even the absolute one) stays the same. Parts of the system however can & will be tweaked if some other basic conditions change, if the balance had been disturbed.

Also it's important that the majority of AH players a no "vets". For those of us being here for years a particular change may seem just as more challenge, for the occasional short time player it may be too much.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 02:51:15 PM »
I agree with EskimoJoe. I have whined on occasion but I'd rather play the game "as is" than play no game at all. The ten hours a day I play Aces High is ten hours I don't have to spend with my wife. Please don't take the game away. I beg you!!!!!!

ohhhhhhh I hope you have internet in that doghouse. Women have a knack for weeding wife ack threads just to warn you :D