Author Topic: Perceptions  (Read 1275 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Perceptions
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »
Simple question on a topic that will most likely degenerate into something worth locking instead of cruising on a plane of acceptable intelligence & courtesy:

In the Late War Main Arenas, which side seems (as in simple non-factual perception) more resource-adept at keeping their bases from being overrun- as in, which side has a better understanding of the cause & effect relationship of the various base strat objects (or lack thereof when they are porked)?

I have noticed that defense is thought of a lot more often than "stopping the drain"- as in getting at the source of the troops (the barracks), getting at the source of the bombs (the ord bunkers), etc...
Key word is "source". Defense alone does not work unless the source of the problem can be destroyed.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Perceptions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »
I will have to say rooks, always someone porking ors or troops at the base im rolling from.
Strokes

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 10:49:01 PM »
Bish suck at this as you know egg.  Rooks are always seem to be more strategically vigilant.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »
As a Bish, I would have to say Rooks.. They are always porking...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »
I'm a Rook. Rook's suck, terribly, but we do always seem to have someone hitting troops/ords.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »
All three are the same.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:33 AM »

one thing i find hilarious about the bishops

they will have 20 and 30 plane high altitude missions which take players out of the game for hours while they lose bases.  yesterday they lost 8 bases.  while they accomplished to bomb the rook factories.  i think all buffs made it back, some landed as few as 1200 points for a 2 hour flight.  they slap each other on the back about the great mission they just accomplished.

as for bombing hq, it takes about 5 min to resupply it from nearest base.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »
When you switch sides a lot, you will learn on every country channel that "we" suck, that "we" do not pork, and that "they" show us what organization really means while "we" are just furballing.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 01:50:40 AM »

they will have 20 and 30 plane high altitude missions which take players out of the game for hours while they lose bases.  yesterday they lost 8 bases.  while they accomplished to bomb the rook factories.  i think all buffs made it back, some landed as few as 1200 points for a 2 hour flight.  they slap each other on the back about the great mission they just accomplished.

semp
So, the factories were bombed....
Instead of bombing the bases that attacks came from?   :uhoh

Must take the evil at its roots :lol

HQ is only a lure for those who want to bomb ..... They probably think that the bombing HQ will make the enemy vulnerable .... ? :x
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:00:45 AM by Max6 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 02:00:57 AM »

they will have 20 and 30 plane high altitude missions which take players out of the game for hours while they lose bases.  yesterday they lost 8 bases.  while they accomplished to bomb the rook factories.  i think all buffs made it back, some landed as few as 1200 points for a 2 hour flight.  they slap each other on the back about the great mission they just accomplished.

semp

So you think you should always play for maximum impact on the war and never just for having maximum fun? Maybe the guys in this mission didn't care about the lost bases? Maybe their mission was fun & great & a success?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:03:08 AM »
Porking is a very valuable strategy. It stops a horde right in its tracks.

Squad MO is to gather everyone up and usually our first runs are our "toolshedding" ones. Best we did recently was 5 ponies and shut down ords/barracks on 3 small feilds and a medium feild on the same sortie.

Result: It keeps them "honest". Now you are free to roam and kill bad guys. Now even if its for 40 minutes, the bad are guys are on their heels trying to regroup and usually that gives you enough time to do the same.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 04:11:16 AM »

So you think you should always play for maximum impact on the war and never just for having maximum fun? Maybe the guys in this mission didn't care about the lost bases? Maybe their mission was fun & great & a success?
+ 1.  I saw people greifing the 91st the other day about this on 200. People thinking that missions need to have a tactical value in order to be fun. I hope ThundrEgg and the 91st will keep doing what hes doing and wish EVERYONE will follow and see more of it. :salute
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 06:38:44 AM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »
All 3 are the same, except for the one that isn't.
 :huh
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »
What you mean to say is "all three are the same,,,,, but different"

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."