Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 10537 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
Some of the best whines and explosions on 200 come from guys camping in gv's who get bombed.  Why would we want to end that?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
Drop a layer of clouds to 1k or so.  Would prevent bombers from spoiling the fight between the V-bases.  Thoughts?

I fully support this idea.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
Snotrkt mentioned to me the other day that they should take ENEMY gv icons off.   Wouldn't that settle most problems? :bolt:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
Yes, Oakranger, we all know about your weaknesses...    :)

Oh, I disagree. There are many times I do this while cons in the air present.  This gives me a more difficult task of dodging HOtards, pickers and uberdweebs that think I am a easy kill.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »
Hmm...Ever heard the whines when you bring a Wirb/Osty under a low alt furball.  Kind of the same thing isn't it?
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
And if yould only see 1K above your head you probably would be less effective.  And no, it is not the same argument.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
My point was that the furballers want pure air/air combat, then complain when you bring a wirb/osty into the mix.

You want pure ground/ground combat, then complain when they bring bombs into the mix.

I am trying to turn it around on the furballers, not you.  I agree with you, not just pissing in your thread.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »
maybe you should put a tanks only arena in the wishlist, the only tank only fights i ever see are spawn campers and ones trying to get away from the spawn campers, or tanks rolling onto a Airfield in that case i''ll up something to kill it period, if someones camping our spawn and not allowing anyone to spawn in i'll up a plane and kill him, plain and simple, he just wants to sit there spawn camping and land his 40 kills like its some great feat, good sit there eggs are on the way  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »
I still say that if we go for a localized "sandbox" type solution, then it is basically win-win for everybody.  The game gets a limited, localized GV-centric area for the "furball-style-GV" minority, and the rest of the MA is the same.  No need to rant about a different style of game play ruining yours.  But instead, some people take the following approach:
1)  Recall the most annoying instances of the alternative play style, whether GV or AC.
2)  Assume that all posters are practitioners of these annoying play styles.
3)  Rant accordingly, using the word "whine" a lot.
4)  (This is bad).

The challenge then is how to achieve the localized solution.  As discussed in another thread, maybe all that is needed is a Trinity-type TT for all maps, and a "someone is there" indicator to attract the GVers. 

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »
<rant> If all the GVers go off to their isolated part of the map all they are doing is detracting from the game as a whole. Some days I log on and think to myself "I'm going to get in an F4u and practice anti shipping." I will even say to myself "I'm going to up an IL-2 and go anti tank." People are paying $15.00 a month to play in an arena that supports combined opperations, and may want to bomb tanks. If all the tanks are off playing with them selves (pun intended.) an entire aspect of the game has gone away. What is wrong with the DA? Why don't you go to tank town? Thats right an A20 took the time to climb up there and drop all eight of its bombs. If that is your argument, all I can say is "SOFT"  If you are in the MA with combined operations, someone will bomb you, its a part of the game. Keep whining like this and don't be surprised if you see a dedicated Tank Busting Squad.
</rant>
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 07:46:26 PM »
TBA  :rock

Tank
 Busters
 Alliance
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
TBA  :rock

Tank
 Busters
 Alliance

ill join :D lets get 10 lancs filled with 1000 lb bombs and get them. CHARGE!!!
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
phatzo,

OK, there is some logic in your post.  You oppose a dedicated GV space because you are worried that you will not have any GVs to bomb, right?  You probably have nothing to worry about.  Most players will still GV in the main arena, because they do it in the context of the strat game, or because they are looking for easy-mode kills.  Right now, TT is there, but empty, as it usually is.  I have never yet found anyone in the Trinity TT, and have spawned there at least once a night.  Thus, I go away disappointed and do something else with my spare time.  My fear is that even if we had a TT on every map, nobody would use it.  (That's why, in addition to TT, we need some sort of flashing indicator to attract GVers to it).  

However to make an editorial comment, if the above is your concern, it doesn't make much sense to, in the same post, advise GVers to "go the the DA" or "go to TT", as that is producing the situation which you want to avoid (removing them from the MA).  It also doesn't make much sense to threaten them with "a dedicated tank busting squad" unless they STFU, since doing this will produce additional complaints (which you term "whines"), which is the opposite of what you claim to want.  So I will assume that these illogical elements of your post are merely indications of your gameplay fears (i.e. background noise).  

BTW, where in Australia is "gold coast"?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:27:58 PM by TDeacon »

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »
Deacon
The reason I brought up TT and the DA is because thats where you can get a GV on GV fight with little to no interuption, but GVers dont seem to want to use it, instead they want accomodations made in the main to make it easier for them to fight unmolested by aircraft. This, to me, seems to go against the grain of the game.
  The tank busting squad wasn't a threat but more of an observation judging on the reactions of others in the game, its human nature and the nature of the game for others to want to piss you off.

No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
You know what people like in gv's?  SHORT DRIVESSSSSSSS

Make every map have 1 or 2 gv hotspots such as V85-V88.....V135.....you get the poooint