Author Topic: Fresh 152 video  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Fresh 152 video
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »
Oddly enough, on my last 152 sortie I was banked right on the deck (maybe 100-200 feet) and rolled until I was banked to the right, and while still at considerable speed - mid range 250 or so - I began pulling back.

I didn't turn. I kept flying one way and totally skidded sideways. There was no way I could recover... I just kept skidding sideways and then almost backwards (for NO reason!). I ended up trying to correct, even though I never STALLED in the first place. Rode her into the ground trying to figure out wtf happened.

I still say the flight model on that thing is porked. It never did this crap in AH1. It was actually competitive in AH1.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »
hmm, i was pretty sure it was my fault it happened.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
the last 2 times i flew a 152 I got into a fatal flat spin while trying a rolling turn
i didnt even get to shoot at anyone.  :rock
noob!!! :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »
Careful Junky, everyone knows that Batfink's mosquito bites like a Grizzly bear  :devil
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
Careful Junky, everyone knows that Batfink's mosquito bites like a Grizzly bear  :devil
My 152> Bats Mossy :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
Oddly enough, on my last 152 sortie I was banked right on the deck (maybe 100-200 feet) and rolled until I was banked to the right, and while still at considerable speed - mid range 250 or so - I began pulling back.

I didn't turn. I kept flying one way and totally skidded sideways. There was no way I could recover... I just kept skidding sideways and then almost backwards (for NO reason!). I ended up trying to correct, even though I never STALLED in the first place. Rode her into the ground trying to figure out wtf happened.

I still say the flight model on that thing is porked. It never did this crap in AH1. It was actually competitive in AH1.

Tail slide you can use that if you have enough alt and ride it to nose down dive. Great move if you're desperate.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
If you're desperate to return to the hangar quickly for a new ride, you mean?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »
If you're desperate to return to the hangar quickly for a new ride, you mean?

You can live through it and get kills its tricky though(if you have the alt). The desperation is that its really 50/50 you have to be right on the edge of that nasty tail first stall.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 09:10:26 PM »
My 152> Bats Mossy :devil

depends who sees who first

co-alt in Da, 152 will die to mossie no question  :t

but i am a noob.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:55 AM »

depends who sees who first

co-alt in Da, 152 will die to mossie no question  :t

but i am a noob.
HAHA would be some fun fights for sure though.

:salute

EDIT: I don't know if this is actually helping me get out of the stalls but I fire my guns and my nose seems to drop nose down......try it...may be a bug
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 02:49:26 PM »
hehe, well only one way to find out. 10,000 straight duels, Junky, starting NOW!

PS: thanks for that tip

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »
DAMMIT!! why post this video!! aargh i wanna fly that much more <sniffle> dam u 152 driver you! <S>  :salute nice video
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 11:06:58 PM »

You unwittingly did just the right maneuvering to get the tail to derail.  The next time it happens (and it's not hard to reproduce once you figure out what triggers it), if you watch carefully you'll see the sideways tail departure and if it's as slow as the one you describe sounds, it should be pretty easy to catch while it's still developing. There's different ways it happens and correspondingly different control inputs to counter it, but IIRC all of them include max rudder opposite to the direction it's derailing towards.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
 :O Moot!?!?! How have you been?! Better yet, where have you been?!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
I've had the tail derail twice on me.  Once was when I was coming in to land, going around 150-200 when I found myself flying backwards all of a sudden...  Found out the 152 doesn't like to land tail first right quick. :rofl

The second time around, it actually saved my arse.  2 of us were attacking a set of 17's, and after I completed a flanking pass on them, I quickly came back around to try and peg him from a low 8 o'clock.  At that time, he was firing at the other plane so I figured I'd try and peg one of his drones (yes, I was being a little impatient :lol).  As soon as I had my nose on his 17's, he stopped shooting at the other guy, started firing at me.  I quickly put full right rudder, hard right when the tail derailed on me.  Stopped me on a dime and I dropped straight down.  He went from 800 to 1.5k right quick and I lost 2-3k alt before I recovered (still not too sure how I pulled off the quick recover :headscratch:).
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.