Author Topic: Fresh 152 video  (Read 2583 times)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
Re: Fresh 152 video
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
No matter how hard i try to mimic the 152s weird stalls n spins is beyond my belief. i wana know why. i always get the 152 to stall n feather down to death when im not patient.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
Hey Bearkats.  Been ok.. Real busy with schoolwork.

Greens - Try getting a feel for it by flying in chase view (smooth, not fixed, outside view). Turn on smoke and just watch how it behaves and reacts.  Memorize one maneuver (or a few different ones) that consistently take you into spins, and repeat it in chase view with smoke on.  Try to make departure as smooth as you can, and then try to recover it later and later into departure, starting as early as you're comfortable with.

Like you said it takes patience if it doesn't seem to make sense right away.  Try not to fight with the plane but find how to guide it using its own natural tendencies.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »

Greens - Try getting a feel for it by flying in chase view (smooth, not fixed, outside view). Turn on smoke and just watch how it behaves and reacts.  Memorize one maneuver (or a few different ones) that consistently take you into spins, and repeat it in chase view with smoke on.  Try to make departure as smooth as you can, and then try to recover it later and later into departure, starting as early as you're comfortable with.

Like you said it takes patience if it doesn't seem to make sense right away.  Try not to fight with the plane but find how to guide it using its own natural tendencies.
When are you coming back.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 10:02:45 PM »
Can't any time soon, as much as I want to.  Dropping by the forums every now and then to help out where I can is the best I can do for the near future.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
Someone once explained to me, I think it was moot, that because the 152 has such a long tail, to much rudder when rolling can alter the center of gravity making the plane stall like that. This is even more so at slower speed around 250-180
Strokes

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
very nice. Love the plane  :aok
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
I always try to limit the amount of time when I'm vertical and trying to do the wingover. If someone topples over, don't waste any time, go immediately after them. I find that if you kick rudder hard, you can push down on the joystick immediately and still keep control.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
I always try to limit the amount of time when I'm vertical and trying to do the wingover. If someone topples over, don't waste any time, go immediately after them. I find that if you kick rudder hard, you can push down on the joystick immediately and still keep control.
I actually push forward and to the left...I think :uhoh It will send you into a spin but throttle +rudder work gets you out right away for the most part
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
I actually push forward and to the left...I think :uhoh It will send you into a spin but throttle +rudder work gets you out right away for the most part

I've tried that before, if I kick rudder left, I will usually kick opposite rudder once "level" and push forward to whichever direction I feel needs it most.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
I've tried that before, if I kick rudder left, I will usually kick opposite rudder once "level" and push forward to whichever direction I feel needs it most.
If you burn aft tank the plane should automatically come towards level from vertical :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
great video in op, love the choice of deadmau5

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »
If you burn aft tank the plane should automatically come towards level from vertical :aok

:O Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa. You blew my mind, dude.

Forgot about tank usage when I was flying the thing.... Back to the drawing board for this dummy.  :bhead
Landing is overrated.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »

Flying in offline aint the same as flying in the MA in my opinion. seems different. But ya m00t, i will try to master the stall thingy part.
<S> greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!