Author Topic: Voxpm whiner  (Read 7094 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Voxpm whiner
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:59 PM »
What a bunch of hocus-pocus boooolsheeeet.   Dogfight can pick his top 12 and Way can pick his top 12 and then we can get it on in the DA.  Till that happens, the vtards and the Pigs don't have a thing to smack about.  Dallas shoots his mouth off on 200 and Vox.  As for me. Dogfight has the opportunity to shut the Pigs up....what say you Dogfight?  Is Dallas worth the fight or not?

Silence is a NO
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
Really wonder what is the motivation of some people for that PM stuff - particularly when you had nothing to do with them.

Just landed a B-17 mission with a gazillion of damage points and two air kills. Instantly had someone* to PM me about my milkrunning ways. I wonder how it's a milkrun if you get home with two kills... particularly if you did fly empty over 4 rook bases instead of going home directly,  just to get some to up and attack you   :headscratch:

(*=member of a squad that not too long ago disbanded and "left" the game with some public crying and HTC insulting on the BBS, only to come back silently about 2 months later)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
Really wonder what is the motivation of some people for that PM stuff - particularly when you had nothing to do with them.

Just landed a B-17 mission with a gazillion of damage points and two air kills. Instantly had someone* to PM me about my milkrunning ways. I wonder how it's a milkrun if you get home with two kills... particularly if you did fly empty over 4 rook bases instead of going home directly,  just to get some to up and attack you 

It's common knowledge that your slime is bullet-proof.  I am currently working on a tailgun mod for bombers that emits a cloud of salt.  Let's see you slash through a salt cloud slimey!!!!  :neener:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
It's common knowledge that your slime is bullet-proof.  I am currently working on a tailgun mod for bombers that emits a cloud of salt.  Let's see you slash through a salt cloud slimey!!!!  :neener:

Currently I fly bombers almost exclusively... so go ahead :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »
What a bunch of hocus-pocus boooolsheeeet.   Dogfight can pick his top 12 and Way can pick his top 12 and then we can get it on in the DA.  Till that happens, the vtards and the Pigs don't have a thing to smack about.  Dallas shoots his mouth off on 200 and Vox.  As for me. Dogfight has the opportunity to shut the Pigs up....what say you Dogfight?  Is Dallas worth the fight or not?

Silence is a NO

Excuse me but I think that you missed the whole point of this thread.  This thread is not about challenges or who has the best Air Combat Pilots.  It is about PMing someone when you get killed or some other childish reason.  vDALLAS is my Executive Officer and my "Battlefield Commander".  I have spoken with him on the issue of PMing and he says if HiTech has it as an option in the game, then it is to be used as such.  I personally dont approve of it, however; he does have a point.  It is not my style of play, but when weighing the abilities of my XO as a Battlefield Commander and whether or not to eject him for PMing, I choose to overlook what is an option (PMing) and what helps me Take Bases(My style of play), I choose the latter.  Furthermore, if you are having fun with your "Perk points going up and the amount of perkys you get so you can fly your 262, then I say, "More power to ya", I am glad to help with your enjoyment of the game.  Also, I don't monitor channel 200 and I don't want to know about my Squadees monitoring channel 200 for the simple reason that it eats up the text buffer and does no good at all except for those that love to talk smack.  So, with that said, it is simple reasoning...You play your game and we will play our game and to all a Merry Christmas and to all..A Good Night!!! :salute

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
I will say this about Dogfite, he came on rooks a couple of weeks back and was not doing anything wrong. He got treated less than hospitable. If I remember correctly he mentioned the possiblity of coming to the rooks with his squad and he got tore up. I , personally did not have a problem with him. This game is alot like life, there are always going to be some people that we do not or care to associate with. Like, Dogfite, I would stick up for a squaddie. I brought them in and I have to fly with them and not everyone else. Sure, I make cracks about  the vbrigade and I am pretty sure cracks are made about my squad. If, this make any sense to someone( :confused:). ahhhhh faaaafaaaa foooey....

P.S.

Dogfite  :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
As Dallas say's, its an option (not something I agree with, but there ya go). If he doe's send abusive pm's, you also have the option to report them to HTC. Do so, if it makes him stop, so much the better. If it doesn't make him stop, at least he'll lose his chat privileges for a while.

Dogfite, whilst I dont agree with your decision not to do something about his pm'ing, I get where your coming from.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »
Lay off Dogfite.  Just because you don't like the way his squad plays doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.  Besides, some of the greatest fun there is to be had in the game is defending bases against these guys.  They create fun.  It's easy to whine about them and I am guilty as well, but they do create lots of fun and help build the war immersion element of the game.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2010, 12:49:05 AM »
Excuse me but I think that you missed the whole point of this thread.  This thread is not about challenges or who has the best Air Combat Pilots.  It is about PMing someone when you get killed or some other childish reason.  vDALLAS is my Executive Officer and my "Battlefield Commander".  I have spoken with him on the issue of PMing and he says if HiTech has it as an option in the game, then it is to be used as such.  I personally dont approve of it, however; he does have a point.  It is not my style of play, but when weighing the abilities of my XO as a Battlefield Commander and whether or not to eject him for PMing, I choose to overlook what is an option (PMing) and what helps me Take Bases(My style of play), I choose the latter.  Furthermore, if you are having fun with your "Perk points going up and the amount of perkys you get so you can fly your 262, then I say, "More power to ya", I am glad to help with your enjoyment of the game.  Also, I don't monitor channel 200 and I don't want to know about my Squadees monitoring channel 200 for the simple reason that it eats up the text buffer and does no good at all except for those that love to talk smack.  So, with that said, it is simple reasoning...You play your game and we will play our game and to all a Merry Christmas and to all..A Good Night!!! :salute

Actually, I was trying to change the point of the thread which clearly you missed.  My whole intention was to pick a fight with 12 of your folks in the DA with 12 of our folks and you failed me.   Dallas' juvenile behavior is of no concern to me....doesn't bother me any...jumping on someone's VOX or PM them regarding his loss or his opinion of their flying, unsolicited, is boorish and smacks of Napoleonic underachiever syndrome.  Squelching his arse is easy enough...I just wanted a fight :rock.  You didnt :rofl.   Thats enough for me.

Changeup
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:55:15 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2010, 03:27:17 AM »
I'll say one thing for Dallas, he has a damn good CO.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:53 AM »
Actually, I was trying to change the point of the thread which clearly you missed.  My whole intention was to pick a fight with 12 of your folks in the DA with 12 of our folks and you failed me.   Dallas' juvenile behavior is of no concern to me....doesn't bother me any...jumping on someone's VOX or PM them regarding his loss or his opinion of their flying, unsolicited, is boorish and smacks of Napoleonic underachiever syndrome.  Squelching his arse is easy enough...I just wanted a fight :rock.  You didnt :rofl.   Thats enough for me.

Changeup

is base capture enabled in the DA?    :rolleyes:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2010, 03:45:21 AM »
Lay off Dogfite.  Just because you don't like the way his squad plays doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.  Besides, some of the greatest fun there is to be had in the game is defending bases against these guys.  They create fun.  It's easy to whine about them and I am guilty as well, but they do create lots of fun and help build the war immersion element of the game.

Very well put.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2010, 04:04:34 AM »
If I read or hear that damn used up played out line one more time. I will find a bed of kittens and play golf with them.

it's my $14.95!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:39 AM »
Excuse me but I think that you missed the whole point of this thread.  This thread is not about challenges or who has the best Air Combat Pilots.  It is about PMing someone when you get killed or some other childish reason.  vDALLAS is my Executive Officer and my "Battlefield Commander".  I have spoken with him on the issue of PMing and he says if HiTech has it as an option in the game, then it is to be used as such.  I personally dont approve of it, however; he does have a point.  It is not my style of play, but when weighing the abilities of my XO as a Battlefield Commander and whether or not to eject him for PMing, I choose to overlook what is an option (PMing) and what helps me Take Bases(My style of play), I choose the latter.  Furthermore, if you are having fun with your "Perk points going up and the amount of perkys you get so you can fly your 262, then I say, "More power to ya", I am glad to help with your enjoyment of the game.  Also, I don't monitor channel 200 and I don't want to know about my Squadees monitoring channel 200 for the simple reason that it eats up the text buffer and does no good at all except for those that love to talk smack.  So, with that said, it is simple reasoning...You play your game and we will play our game and to all a Merry Christmas and to all..A Good Night!!! :salute

Thats in stark contrast to this...

I was totally unaware of this "PM'n" going on.  I apologize on behalf of my squad for these occurances.  If it happens again, I want to know about it and I want to know who is doing it.  A screenshot would provide ample proof and disciplinary will be taken.  <S> Sir
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2010, 04:38:51 AM »
blah blah blah

oSCOTCHo
-AoM-