Author Topic: How F3 can improve shooting  (Read 8015 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: How F3 can improve shooting
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »
GHI is good and I have nothing against the way he flies...even though I died twice to him yesterday.

The first death I was diving on a con and was apparently within 1k of GHI...he killed me somehow even though he wasn't who i was attacking.

The 2nd death I came back angry looking for him...I found his IL2 slowed down on purpose and saddled him up...I shot off his tail and he fell away beneath me toward the ground....next thing I know a 37mm hits me and I'm going down.

This guy is so good at it he even got me with no tail. :D

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »
I agree Dedalos but if you searched for GHI in this thread it would pour out lots of hits.  He's been mentioned over and over in these many pages of replies.  I'm just saying that the topic has become a "GHI uses F3" thread.  Now where are the frigging films of anyone doing it anyways?

All the Best...

Jay

If you check the thread, the only posts about GHi are people who keep defending him......even though no one said anything about him in the first place.

It went something like this.....

Thread starter......."F3 mode in Il-2 is gamy and should be romoved"
Troller.................."Stop picking on GHI, he's a great guy, you big cry baby, vulcher, picktard, noob, blah blah"

Vinkman  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »
Those are the advantages but you have a knack for understatement.  It took me about 2 weeks of flying to figure out the gunnery component.  I will give you some hints to try yourself.  1st, program your stick for internal and external views for quickness.

When directly behind someone aim in F3 by switching back to internal OR use the root of your rudder as your crosshair.  SA needs no explanation nor does lead shots in turns.

i'd try that if i actually had a stick.  :lol

i fly with a mouse, the key buttons, and alot of this: :joystick:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

i'd try that if i actually had a stick.  :lol

i fly with a mouse, the key buttons, and alot of this: :joystick:

Ahhh...F3 and F2 will get you the same speedy changes.  Try it for a few nights in the DA...you'll be making unreal under-the-nose shots in a few evenings of practice.  More specifically, you won't lose any cons that you get behind either...because you'll see every move they make when they make it.  I can't tell you guys the shock it was in the MA for me when I would get behind someone and then they didn't re-appear where I thought they should...they were just gone from my field of view because the good pile-its used the "Hartmann Escape" or their own personal variation.  I had gotten so used to F3 in the DA that it was shocking not to be able to track someone visually indefinitely. 

V/r
Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »
R 105 - that sounds like the technique I employ to try and hit the toilet bowl in the dark.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
Ahhh...F3 and F2 will get you the same speedy changes.  Try it for a few nights in the DA...you'll be making unreal under-the-nose shots in a few evenings of practice.  More specifically, you won't lose any cons that you get behind either...because you'll see every move they make when they make it.  I can't tell you guys the shock it was in the MA for me when I would get behind someone and then they didn't re-appear where I thought they should...they were just gone from my field of view because the good pile-its used the "Hartmann Escape" or their own personal variation.  I had gotten so used to F3 in the DA that it was shocking not to be able to track someone visually indefinitely. 

V/r
Changeup

whats f2 mode do :s never seen it do anything before

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »
Toggles you back and forth between external and internal views.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
Toggles you back and forth between external and internal views.
thats f3 and f4 mode isent it?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
I thought F2 and F3 did it....it's programmed into my stick so I might be wrong

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
The good thing about having F3 in there is that those folks needing it won't be coming to the Mains. The lake should have it's own arena for those folks requiring it though.

The actual DA would be better served with it off so no one would be prone to turning it on for dueling.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »
The good thing about having F3 in there is that those folks needing it won't be coming to the Mains. The lake should have it's own arena for those folks requiring it though.

The actual DA would be better served with it off so no one would be prone to turning it on for dueling.

+1

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2010, 10:15:28 AM »

I think I may fly Il2 next tour. 1st week in F1, and 2nd week in F3 and see what the hubub is about. K/D and hit % should tell if there is a diff in a measurable way!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »
I think I may fly Il2 next tour. 1st week in F1, and 2nd week in F3 and see what the hubub is about. K/D and hit % should tell if there is a diff in a measurable way!

JUGgler
Good luck looking out the back or toggling between pilot and gunner.  Prepare to die a lot the first week.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: December 23, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
Good luck looking out the back or toggling between pilot and gunner.  Prepare to die a lot the first week.

:rofl :rofl :rofl I fly a JUG, I'm use to getting shot down!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl I fly a JUG, I'm use to getting shot down!

JUGgler

LOL...understood...