Author Topic: P-51 bug  (Read 1458 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
P-51 bug
« on: December 27, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
There's a bug where the P-51 resets to the default skin and 25% fuel when you launch AH if it's the aircraft you had selected when you last exited the game. I'm wondering if this is because it's plane number 1 and if you could fix this by making a different aircraft, like the RV-8, plane number 1.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: P-51 bug
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
There's a bug where the P-51 resets to the default skin and 25% fuel when you launch AH if it's the aircraft you had selected when you last exited the game. I'm wondering if this is because it's plane number 1 and if you could fix this by making a different aircraft, like the RV-8, plane number 1.
P51D? ive noticed this also. any others havent had this
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:40:24 PM »
It's making me mad lol, I just thought it was my pc :headscratch:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
I think it's from the order in which things happen when you load AH. If the RV-8 is plane number 1 it won't be an issue since there are no skins for it and taking off with 25% fuel in the TA isn't a problem. Of course I'm just guessing here.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
If you select a plane in the hangar list once, you will select it. If you select the same plane AGAIN in the hangar list, it reverts to default settings. This has been that way for a long long long time. It isn't specific to 1 plane, it's a hangar issue.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
If you select a plane in the hangar list once, you will select it. If you select the same plane AGAIN in the hangar list, it reverts to default settings. This has been that way for a long long long time. It isn't specific to 1 plane, it's a hangar issue.

For me, it is exclusively happening with the P-51D, never with any other.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
Krusty the bug I'm referring to happens without selecting anything in the hanger.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 01:09:01 PM »
I can't seem to duplicate it.  Can you give me a step by step?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
If the P-51D was selected on the previous log on with any skin or loadout, the next time I log on offline or online the P-51D has the default skin and 25% fuel only. Once I reset it the skin and loadout stay the same until I log off.  I haven't noticed this with any other aircraft. This has been happening for some years now with different versions of AH, full installs, and on different PCs. I thought you were aware of it or I would have posted it sooner.  I mentioned it now because it just occurred to me that it might be related to the plane number.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
Weird, I still can't duplicate it.  That configuration is going to be stored in your \Settings\planes folder.  The file name will p51d.pwl.  Can you take a look at that file with notepad before and after you make selections and see if it's writing out correctly.  Also check to make sure it isn't write protected.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
When I exit the configuration is saved properly. It's not write protected. When I go back in to an arena it resets to all 0's. After flying for a while tonight in the TA I could exit and relog and the P-51D configuration stayed saved. I rebooted and it started resetting each time again. It also reset from changing arenas or re-entering an arena without fully exiting the game. I have no idea why it's not consistent but it seems to reset most of the time. Testing with the P-47N after rebooting the configuration didn't change. Going back to the P-51D it reset to the default skin and 25% fuel.

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
There's a bug where the P-51 resets to the default skin and 25% fuel when you launch AH if it's the aircraft you had selected when you last exited the game.
I've noticed this too...I'll use some other skin and loadout 50% fuel, I'll come back in sometime later after logging and it's set the default skin and 25% fuel for some reason when I log in, don't know why. :headscratch:

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 01:51:38 AM »
Would love to see this fixed ---- would save me countless return trips to the airfield to get more gas an a paint job.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34:43 PM »
Its been happening to me for years, in fact it bit one of our guys in an FSO recently and he didn't check his fuel and only had 25%.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 01:02:51 AM »
If you go to the DA and select the P-51D and log out then back in it will reset everything to default.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH