Author Topic: White flag based on ENY  (Read 1737 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
White flag based on ENY
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
This may have been said already but im to lazy to look.  Im not sure how it affects LW arenas but the white flag settings as is makes it beyond easy to capture a base in MW now if you have a number advantage.  MW generally has a smaller population and a country with 3-1 odds can steam roll bases all night long with current settings.  Changing the white flag to a percentage in alignment with ENY makes sense.  The greater number advantage you have the more buildings that need to be blown up.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: White flag based on ENY
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
This may have been said already but im to lazy to look.  Im not sure how it affects LW arenas but the white flag settings as is makes it beyond easy to capture a base in MW now if you have a number advantage.  MW generally has a smaller population and a country with 3-1 odds can steam roll bases all night long with current settings.  Changing the white flag to a percentage in alignment with ENY makes sense.  The greater number advantage you have the more buildings that need to be blown up.
Not sure if it has been said before. How ever this 50% is a trial period & may get adjusted at a later date. I think your point may have merits though.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
seems like a reasonable idea.

only thing i can think of is. what if you have white flag showing, and 20 of your chesspiece logs in? does the color flag come back up?

or vice versa, you only have 50% of the town, but outnumber, then 20 of your guys log off, does white flag come up automatically?

I guess it would have to be based upon when the town was first touched.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
Yeah im sure they can work something out.  Like I said I dont play the MA only MW and AvA so im not really sure how the new settings are affecting that arena.  having 20 chess pieces just log on at one time doesnt happen in MW but im sure the percentage works out the same.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Before adding more variables I say let HTC adjust the capture percentage first.  I do think this idea has merit once they have a good baseline capture percentage established.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:19 AM »
I single handed took a base not to long ago with an a20 and m3, 50% is a bit to easy, I hope they bump it to 70/80%, ya in midwar or any arena who ever has numbers should have more difficulty capturing a base
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline shermanjr

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
ya those satan's sissies r really tearin it up in there and its makin mw not fun anymore
475th fg dgs
404th fighter group Winter SKy Deth ground
361 st fg
1st pursuit squadron avg
+flyingfury+ main arena
in game name pattonjr

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 02:18:19 AM »
ya those satan's sissies r really tearin it up in there and its makin mw not fun anymore

ahmen,,,   i hardly play there anymore.  almost strictly AvA now. 

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »
This hasn't been asked for yet. I think it's a great idea. It would give lower number sides a little more time to respond to attacks and be a bit more of a challenge for those with higher numbers.                    +1
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »
After trying mid & early wars out a bit of late & seeing there is a single squad dominating each of the arenas. It is time in those arenas for a change.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
 :salute I think your suggestion is reasonable, well done.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »
After trying mid & early wars out a bit of late & seeing there is a single squad dominating each of the arenas. It is time in those arenas for a change.

:salute

i hope they do something soon to change this, it has but killed interest in the MW arena for a number of people, except that certain squad of course

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
i hope they do something soon to change this, it has but killed interest in the MW arena for a number of people, except that certain squad of course

How about us MW guys ignore the Knights and just have a battle along the Rook-Bishop front. Let FV-15 roll all the undefended bases they want. I think that maybe we should ruin their fun for a change, and have a gentlemans war on the other side of the map.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »

I used to fly EW all the time, and now have started going back more often.  It became a ghost town (more so than usual) when the new towns and 17-pounders showed up because with the EW equipment and low numbers it was much tougher to take bases.  Since base takes are easier now, more people are coming into EW.  Most of "that squad" are old friends, and the rest are new friends.  We have fun clobbering each other.  Yes, they eventually take the base since it's usually one (me) or two of us defending.  But that's fine with me since I can actually find fights.  I'm sure I've frustrated them on occasion, but I'm also sure they're having more fun because of it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
Global eny is very rarely actually correlated to the odds of one localized fight, especially on a 3 country map.