Author Topic: A pruposed change to the WGr-21  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
Re: A pruposed change to the WGr-21
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »
I think brown baron was just using external fuel tanks as an example that it costs time and money to drop things from your airplane so that is why they were discouraged from dropping the rocket tubes once empty
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »
What is this from?

AFAIK drop tanks were dropped when empty or when the enemy was sighted, whichever came first.

There were no "explosive bolts" required to drop drop tanks.  Besides, look at the name, drop tanks.
They did not always cooperate, however.

wrongway

From some of the books I have read on the Luftwaffe, it appears that when planes were on the move in areas where it held air-superiority, they would keep their tanks from take-off to landing. This I infer from the obvious wear-and-tear on some tanks. As HiTech stated, they are not exactly one-time-use disposable pieces. Standard procedure for Allied forces were different, I'm sure, as their main priorty was getting their bombers' crippleing payloads on target and get back to friendly skies ASAP, while the German directive was more conservative as vital resources were destroyed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:11:37 AM by BrownBaron »
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
It was 8 years ago that HT made that statement that the tubes would not have the option of being dropped.  Perhaps his/their views have changed.

IIRC, there was a statement somewhere back when about "the B29 not ever going to be added" because it would be detrimental to game play.  How times change.  ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:45 AM »
Boy, I've been reading this board waaay too long.

Searched for "jettisonable"

Found buried in this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,70707.0.html

Edited for content:

That would be a "no" from the developer.

You can tell it's him by the typos.  :D

Search is very effective if you know what you are looking for.  Like I said, waaay too much time reading here....

wrongway

I don't believe you the search function never works that well.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
It was 8 years ago that HT made that statement that the tubes would not have the option of being dropped.  Perhaps his/their views have changed.

IIRC, there was a statement somewhere back when about "the B29 not ever going to be added" because it would be detrimental to game play.  How times change.  ;)

You find this quote.  I'm pretty sure I can find a "we never said that" from a recent post.

I don't believe you the search function never works that well.

I knew what I was looking for.   :D

"Search" just narrowed it down.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
IIRC, there was a statement somewhere back when about "the B29 not ever going to be added" because it would be detrimental to game play.

Only by players. HTC never said that. The only thing ever being ruled out was the n00k.

I almost never say never, an exception to that is an atomic bomb.

We've heard time and time again (recently if memory serves) that there is never going to be a B-29.

I don't want to comment on possible outcomes while the poll is still live but that's never been said by anybody at HTC, even in private.  It would be stupid to put something in the poll that we weren't willing to make.  We have said before that we'll never do an atomic bomb.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 05:45:15 PM »
I remember reading the no b29 quote.  about 2 years ago.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »

semp

I want to see that :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »
Lol I'm not sure how we got talking about b29s but to keep it a bit on topic it will be interesting to see how effective the WGr-21s will be against it :)
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »

semp
I want to see that :)

Me too.

Search all possible variations of B29 or Superfortress by Hitech, Skuzzy, Pyro, Superfly, etc.

Good luck.

Lusche posted the "no we didn't" quote I was thinking of.

Heck, they mentioned the B-29 on the home page forever, didn't they?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay