Author Topic: Why the Hordes?  (Read 23286 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Why the Hordes?
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
OK Crash, I understand what your saying. Are you saying that is how it happens when your squad runs? I ask an honest question here. In the old days I was CO of the 444th Air Mafia. We were a big squad, and a base taking squad... 11 in a couple hours once. Many a time we would load up a mission and we would have many people join up with us.

With the mission planner we have in AH the mission isn't revealed much, in AWIII we had a ready room and the plan with waypoints was on a board all could see. The advantage in AH is that if people join your mission there suppose to be there to follow a leader, because they don't KNOW what the mission is. If that leader takes the time like I did to assign targets, and back ups based on "who" was getting the assignment (AAA I don't know, but I give him a target, but BBB I know can do the job so he gets back up for the same target. AAA build confidence and skill, but I still have BBB to cover the mission) you can control who goes where, and what gets hit very easily.

All it takes is planning and a leader with the willingness to do the work. On squad nights I spent all of my time in a buff. I didn't have to pay as much attention to flying but was on the scene to see what was needed where. Sometimes calling people off one target to turn to another base to slow the defense. Tzr did the missions after me, and then Mugz when he took over. They must have been fun for a lot of people if 3 CO's over a few years kept them going.

So the question Crash is do your mission leaders point out all of the mission details or do they say flatten the town and so and so bring troops?

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
     Your version of the truth comes across alot like a noob with a chip on his shoulder, to me anyway.

Sorry Rino, I didnt read the forum rules where it said you had to be playing since AW to post in the forums. This must be your rule. As for the chip :lol :lol :lol

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
hordes? screw hordes.....

I'm still upset about not being able to have PinkFuzzyBunnies as my handle.... vSky made me hopeful, only to drop my hopes later...  :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
ive been fighting the horde since 04,  to me there is nothing better then attacking 10 or more guys and fighting untill dead,  even if I dont get to kill any of them, each and every one of them knows the only reason they got me was there numbers, I HATE flying with a bunch of green guys around me, except the Muppets, we for the most part will switch sides to fight the guys that were just friendlies when they become a horde, that is probably my favorite thing to do in AH, there is no skill...in killing one guy when you have 10 friendlies with ya, but some, seems most dont care about that, they just want to stay alive in a game were no one dies..lol..I dont understand that thinking, but I like that many think like that, priovides me with a target rich enviorment :-)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
     Your version of the truth comes across alot like a noob with a chip on his shoulder, to me anyway.
HA!! says the guy that flys bombers and needs extra parts for his planes.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
In reading this thread, a` couple things popped into my head from the old Airwarrior days.  It was a small enough 'community' that when you arrived you got the message really quickly.  Those who went against the 'code' were for the most part universally disdained, and because of that peer pressure, many took the next step up in playing the game.  

I think these are memories of  AWDOS & AW4W. I dont think this was the case in the AW3  RR arenas  and those arenas were the majority of AW players, capture was in place and the horde existed. Even in the lowely populated FR areanas hording or pigpilling was in evidence IMO.
Ludere Vincere

Offline SNIPER30

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
about 10 more planes not pictured.
Everybody does this. Rooks, Bish and Knits!!

:rofl ok vsky just change the rook icon to bishop and thats your missions

p.s i'm the lanc on the right  :neener:
THUNDER MOB
R.I.P. 11Bravo

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
A notorious whinner whoda thunk?  :D

Apparently YOU didn't "thunk" before you posted. :rolleyes:

Who?

POTW hardly gets past 10 members a night, only on Titanic Tuesday do we get 15+.

We'd much prefer to up a bunch of I16s into a horde than be that horde.  :aok

Bait casted Fish caught!  :rofl for copies of this fishing program email TB@aceshighangler.com
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
ive been fighting the horde since 04,  to me there is nothing better then attacking 10 or more guys and fighting untill dead,  even if I dont get to kill any of them, each and every one of them knows the only reason they got me was there numbers, I HATE flying with a bunch of green guys around me, except the Muppets, we for the most part will switch sides to fight the guys that were just friendlies when they become a horde, that is probably my favorite thing to do in AH, there is no skill...in killing one guy when you have 10 friendlies with ya, but some, seems most dont care about that, they just want to stay alive in a game were no one dies..lol..I dont understand that thinking, but I like that many think like that, priovides me with a target rich enviorment :-)
I've found the game to be a billion times better since I have started switching sides to attack the hoards. I have some of the DM's with me and for the most part it's a blast. also so you guys know when you stop caring about score oh my how much better the game is. Now if only they'll fix the caps and the off hour  arena stuff and the game will be great  :banana:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:08:12 PM by DMGOD »
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »
I've found the game to be a billion times better since I have started switching sides to attack the hoards. I have some of the DM's with me and for the most part it's a blast. also so you guys know when you stop caring about score oh my how much better the game is. Now if only they'll fix the caps and the off hour  arena stuff and the game will be great  :banana:

huh?? your back?? you quit a less than a week ago...
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
You are kind of missing the point here bar.

No matter how much anyone can try to prove their point here, it still wont get through people's oppinions.

It should of been pretty well stated with the recent issue of town captures being too tough and needing modifiications that something needed to be done. This issue was backed up by most of the so-called "furballers" as much as the basetakers. The understanding of flying for fun is needed for everyone and not just the so-called elitists that want you to play "their way" because there isnt any "there way" to play to begin with.

Players that have been here years and years can appreciate the amount of work being put into the game such as the attention to modeling etc. Its not that they are whining that people arent playing their game, its frustration of knowing that others can not/will not explore other aspects of the game.

My best analogy I can think of: You think you are much of a sports fisherman if you know of the prize big mouth bass  being in a lake and instead of being a sport and trying to catch it the real way, you take a stick of dynamite in hopes of it floating to the top? Would you be much of a sportsman hunter if you took a B.A.R and wipped out a 12 pt. buck? or started shooting birds on the ground instead of giving them a fighting chance?

Thats the so-called "whines" these guys are talking about regarding hording and sneaking.
on the contrary i believe you are missing my point. You may not like the way others play in this game, but you should respect how they play the game. To the analogy, if you believe it is wrong to throw the dynamite into the lake for the bass then dont do it. If you see someone do it, dont speak of it. He may like doing it that way as it is easier while you love the challenge of actually catching it the "correct way". In life, many things are judged upon as "correct" or "incorrect". Unless told by the makers of the game (or in the way of the fishing, if you are told by the government, owner of the property, or by the judge of a competition) that it is wrong to do it that way, there IS NO WRONG WAY to do it. Therefore the whining of people saying it is a cheap way to kill or easy way to take a base should keep their mouths closed because a kill is a kill to some, a base is a base to some. If you believe it is a cheap shot, then dont do it yourself. But by yelling at the person who did it to you is unsportsmanlike in itself...

(not saying you did what i put in bold. this is a general statement)

{peremptory statement ...  when I refer to gamesmanship or game play, I am NOT referring to game style (i.e. land grabber, furballer, hanger bangers, scorepotato, etc.)  I refer to the manner in which the 'styles' are achieved}

Clearly, you also think there is 'lack of gamesmanship' in the vulch and the HO, or you would not have needed to justify "as necessary".  If these were truly accepted practice, then you simply could have stated, "I HO and Vulch.. I am proud to HO and Vulch and I earned a kill for it."    Instead, you have clearly differentiated "as necessary".   WHY "AS NECESSARY"???  Don't get me wrong, I understand your statement and don't disagree that there are certain specific times, when one must do certain things.  But to emphasize "as necessary" you are admitting that you would not otherwise do that particular action..... why?  Either it is good gameplay or it is not.
I do not believe there is a lack of sportsmanship by vulching or hoing. It is my personal belief that it is not a challenge for me. Sportsmanship has nothing to do with why i dont HO or vulch if i dont have to. I'd rather show the other flyer i can kill them without the HO or VULCH. Seeing a plane go down because i outflew them is my personal satisfaction. Also HOs are chancy. If i HO it offers the enemy a chance to shoot me down. I fly to live and head ons may get me killed. I hate dieing :aok
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:18:59 PM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2011, 07:16:30 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

BAR Vulched me while I was in the hangar the other day.

He only had about 40 buddies with him at the time.

Was that really necessary?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:neener:
hmm... taking a base... yup it was :aok and by the way. 15 isnt 40, and of those 15, many were destroying town and killing aircraft in the air and on the runway. so yeah. me killing you in the hanger was necessary. :aok and now that you just whined and mocked me. it gives me more satisfaction that you kept dieing :D
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »

Bait casted Fish caught!  :rofl for copies of this fishing program email TB@aceshighangler.com

Just throwing it out there for the weak minded.  ;)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
AKs, LTARs, JG3-udet, etc. a few of the squads that were fun to fight with or against.
Hells Angels or AKs vs. LTAR were some of the most drawn out fights I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of.  Good times.

IMO base defense was really where LTAR stood out.  GHI used to post the following picture. And remember, kiddies, this was in the days before the Wirbelwind.   :aok

Sadly, to the point many are making, I can't think of any squads these days who regularly make base defense "their thing" anymore.  Capturing real estate must get more chicks.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
  Capturing real estate must get more chicks.

Are you hitting on Silat again?
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)