Author Topic: Why the Hordes?  (Read 23526 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Why the Hordes?
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
Are you hitting on Silat again?
Ummm . . . . no?   :uhoh
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
hmm... taking a base... yup it was :aok and by the way. 15 isnt 40, and of those 15, many were destroying town and killing aircraft in the air and on the runway. so yeah. me killing you in the hanger was necessary. :aok and now that you just whined and mocked me. it gives me more satisfaction that you kept dieing :D

Too bad you never got the base kiddo.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Keep trying to impress us with your wit. You only give us chuckles.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Nobody was getting killed in the air, as I was the only upper.

Until help came, at which time you and your lady friends tucked tail and left.

How's that for mocking you girly?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:34:34 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »

Edit: I forgot to mention. Nobody was getting killed in the air, as I was the only upper.

OH NO HE DIDN"T
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »
I think these are memories of  AWDOS & AW4W. I dont think this was the case in the AW3  RR arenas  and those arenas were the majority of AW players, capture was in place and the horde existed. Even in the lowely populated FR areanas hording or pigpilling was in evidence IMO.

Yeah that's probably true.  I do know some of us thought it a mistake when AW3 went the win the war route.  Apparently it puts players in the seats so to speak.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
on the contrary i believe you are missing my point. You may not like the way others play in this game, but you should respect how they play the game. To the analogy, if you believe it is wrong to throw the dynamite into the lake for the bass then dont do it. If you see someone do it, dont speak of it.

I do not believe there is a lack of sportsmanship by vulching or hoing.

Please tell me you dont have kids and that you arent going to teach them how to fish.  Understand that being a community here means that EVERYONE is playing in the sandbox. If you want to kick sand and act like a maniac, the more power to ya. Nothing I say or do is going to keep you from doing what you are doing, but what I think of you is my choice. Apparantly Im not crazy here and know that many others share my same oppinion so if you even remotely care of what society (in this case the gaming community) thinks, you will come to the conclusion on your own if your actions are justified.

In the meantime, pay your 15$, vulch your heart out, take them bases, no elitist furball evil guy is going to care ( honestly). But they pay their 15$ too and that earns them the right to laugh at you :aok

****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »

youre honestly mocking me melvin? :lol its not that we turned tail and left. its that some people who were trying to take the base completely FAILED in how to do it. if you noticed the 20th FG was still there a half hour after everyone else left. you didnt see the constant flow of 51s and 38s? stop trolling melvin. you wont win :aok
OH NO HE DIDN"T
kinda funny. :lol
Please tell me you dont have kids and that you arent going to teach them how to fish.  Understand that being a community here means that EVERYONE is playing in the sandbox. If you want to kick sand and act like a maniac, the more power to ya. Nothing I say or do is going to keep you from doing what you are doing, but what I think of you is my choice. Apparantly Im not crazy here and know that many others share my same oppinion so if you even remotely care of what society (in this case the gaming community) thinks, you will come to the conclusion on your own if your actions are justified.

In the meantime, pay your 15$, vulch your heart out, take them bases, no elitist furball evil guy is going to care ( honestly). But they pay their 15$ too and that earns them the right to laugh at you :aok

tralfz. honestly out of everything i was trying to say, its a game. its always been a game, and always will be. you saying people are insane by vulching and HOing. you also realize that if someone threw a stick of dynamite in the river you wouldnt be staying there long right? it is your choice what to teach others. I would not teach my kids (that i dont have yet) that it is right to do that. But i wouldnt approach the person doing it either. It would cause problems for me that are not worth it (most likely with me being shot by an insane man). I would bring my children to another lake to fish and leave the insane man alone :aok

The isnt a lack of sportsmanship in this game. BECAUSE IT ISNT A SPORT! it is a war simulation. and in war, the person with the advantage is usually the victor. Many people in this game simulate war. it is your choice to yell at them telling their way to play is wrong or to stay silent about it. This isnt about teaching others right or wrong, this is about leaving others's style of gameplay to themselves. You have completely mistaken what i have said here... I teach my squad to use ACMs and SA, i teach them also that HOing "is a very dangerous tactic that chances your death" not that it is "unsportsmanlike". Because there is no sport in killing. There is no sport in war. Yes this is a game and i understand that. But like i have said it is also a war simulation.

I also teach my squad that it is a game. And that having fun trumps all other things here. Everyone has their own opinion of what fun is. By whining at others for trying to have fun in their own way is just showing them you have disrespect for them and that you consider them bad for what they are doing.

If you noticed here also, melvin is mocking me for vulching him while we were trying to take a base and is also trolling me through this thread. This shows he has disrespect for me. Should i disrespect him for it? no. because he believes in a style of gameplay that does not coincide with mine.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:02:25 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:25 AM »
What's "trolling"?

I was just mocking you and your incessant belief that the things you say don't contradict your actions.

Don't blame other's shortcomings for your failures.
See Rule #4

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:04 AM »
What's "trolling"?

I was just mocking you and your incessant belief that the things you say don't contradict your actions.

Don't blame other's shortcomings for your failures.
thats trolling :aok

and since when have i ever blamed another for my failures? secondly i never have contradicted my actions with what i say. You have just seen a separate point of view (which by the way is completely off base from the truth) that somehow has become mockery of me that should not be there :rolleyes:

The vulching i did of you was necessary at the time therefore i did it. Just because we did not take the base does not mean my vulching had no point to it. The sooner you realize this the sooner this argument will be over.
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
So, you're saying that my point of view is "completely off base from the truth"?

How disrespectful.

Again you contradict yourself.

Edit: By the way, you blamed "some people" who completely "failed" at taking that base you were working so hard to cap. Which you "failed" at doing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:15:36 AM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »
So, you're saying that my point of view is "completely off base from the truth"?

How disrespectful.

Again you contradict yourself.
it is not disrespectful. it is me saying that it is off base from the truth because you have only been able to see one side of the fight. therefore it is completely off base from the truth. I have not disrespected you for saying this. just getting tired of you arguing a point that isnt there and trolling me
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:16:55 AM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Instead of us trading barbs on the BBS, I call you out to the DA right now sir.

I demand satisfaction.

01:30 CST. Be there or be square.
See Rule #4

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2011, 01:19:30 AM »
Edit: By the way, you blamed "some people" who completely "failed" at taking that base you were working so hard to cap. Which you "failed" at doing.
this is not me BLAMING anyone. it is me showing you why what happened had happened (which still seems to be you not seeing the whole picture and im trying to describe it to you). Do you see me saying names melvin? if i was blaming anyone id be pointing fingers. Working so hard to cap? not hard to cap. In the end the flight was a failure. i agree to that. but you still have not shown me any point of me contradicting anything i have said or why you are still pushing this argument
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
Instead of us trading barbs on the BBS, I call you out to the DA right now sir.

I demand satisfaction.

01:30 CST. Be there or be square.
I dont duel for satisfaction. To me there is no point to show muscle in a verbal argument to show which of the argument is victor. Are you admitting defeat to this argument melvin? :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2011, 01:22:57 AM »
Whatever you say square.
See Rule #4