Author Topic: ram=/= kill anymore?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
ram=/= kill anymore?
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »
do you not get a kill if you ram someone and they go down?

i rarely ever ram, the only times i will is if im outnumbered and winchester. or if some fool decides to try to HO me.

in the DA earlyer, had 2 spitdweebs trying to HO me, so i decided to ram them in my p47D-25. needless to say they easily fell from the sky, but i didnt get a kill for ether one of them.

so does a ram no longer = a kill?

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: ram=/= kill anymore?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
here we go again
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »
For the program, there ain't no such things as rams. There are just collisions, and kill crediting is and always has been completely independent from this.
If someone dies from a collision, the kill credit for him goes to the player that did most damage to him (by guns, rockets, bombs). If he was not damaged by any enemy weapons, it's a proxy for the closest enemy player at the moment of death (if inside proxy kill range)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »
do you not get a kill if you ram someone and they go down?

i rarely ever ram, the only times i will is if im outnumbered and winchester. or if some fool decides to try to HO me.

in the DA earlyer, had 2 spitdweebs trying to HO me, so i decided to ram them in my p47D-25. needless to say they easily fell from the sky, but i didnt get a kill for ether one of them.

so does a ram no longer = a kill?

and people DON'T think the game is going down hill?

From my point of view there is NEVER a reason to try and ram/have a collision. If out numbered and out of ammo I'll fly until I'm out of gas or clip a tree trying to run or get help from a friendly. HOs I just naturally try to avoid from the on set, I'm in it for the fight, not a joust.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »
and people DON'T think the game is going down hill?

From my point of view there is NEVER a reason to try and ram/have a collision. If out numbered and out of ammo I'll fly until I'm out of gas or clip a tree trying to run or get help from a friendly. HOs I just naturally try to avoid from the on set, I'm in it for the fight, not a joust.

how does that show that im "going downhill"? it just shows im not ready to stop the fight after im out of ammo, i'll try whatever i can to kill you after that.

i usually only use these tactics in the DA anyways, where its nothing but gangtard/HOtards/pickers.

sure i could do what you do, but how does that teach them not to be gang/pick/HO tards? it doesnt.

make there plan backfire on them, and they will reconsider doing it again. atleast to you.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »
Purposeful ramming is impossible to do. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »
For the program, there ain't no such things as rams. There are just collisions, and kill crediting is and always has been completely independent from this.
If someone dies from a collision, the kill credit for him goes to the player that did most damage to him (by guns, rockets, bombs). If he was not damaged by any enemy weapons, it's a proxy for the closest enemy player at the moment of death (if inside proxy kill range)

This about sums it up...  Next
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
how does that show that im "going downhill"? it just shows im not ready to stop the fight after im out of ammo, i'll try whatever i can to kill you after that.

i usually only use these tactics in the DA anyways, where its nothing but gangtard/HOtards/pickers.

sure i could do what you do, but how does that teach them not to be gang/pick/HO tards? it doesnt.

make there plan backfire on them, and they will reconsider doing it again. atleast to you.

I didn't say YOU were going down hill, I said the GAME is going down hill. Plays like "ramming" is nothing but BS. You want to prove something to the HOers and such, get in a new plane come back and kick their ass.

Players that think about doing stuff like ramming is whats bring the game play down.

When I was a kid if you got into a fight in the school yard it was considered bad form to kick the other guy in the nuts. Today it's the first move.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:27:27 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »

It is? Sonderkommando ELBE may disagree, as would Kamikaze
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »
It is? Sonderkommando ELBE may disagree, as would Kamikaze

In the GAME !  jeeeezzzzz.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »
In the GAME !  jeeeezzzzz.

Apologies, just stumbled across the thread and was in a mind to be pedantic fascetious and belligerant :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
ever nose up in front of a bomber and have the bomber hit your topside? :aok purposeful ramming is possible just hard to do
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »
in the DA earlyer, had 2 spitdweebs trying to HO me, so i decided to ram them in my p47D-25.

Honestly, who is the dweeb in this situation?
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
Honestly, who is the dweeb in this situation?

i survived both rams with just an aileron lost, both spits lost there life.

so, you were about to say...?