Author Topic: This seems like a waste of resources....  (Read 5807 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
This seems like a waste of resources....
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Ill quote a wise man....."I don't know how many it would take, but I know how many they were gunna use..." -Ron White

Debrody and I were winging this morning getting ready for the scenario when we ran into a cluster F#!$ of red guys.....

Watch this video and see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvVdHYtaoXA

Now my question's to you are.....Is it necessary to have 7-9 guys jumping one plane? How many should be needed? What makes people think they need to do this? and How can we stop such douchbaggery from happening in this game?

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
Re: This seems like a waste of resources....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
Yeah that's pretty ghey.  Threes a crowd in my opinion. 
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
Firstly -your plane's engine sounds like an alarm and makes my ears bleed.

Secondly - blame yourself for trying to defeat 7-9 guys without a single advantage. They looked like they had nothing else to shoot down in that sector until your came along rambo style.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
Its not a real ganging until you get 4 fps!  :lol

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »
Now my question's to you are.....Is it necessary to have 7-9 guys jumping one plane? How many should be needed? What makes people think they need to do this? and How can we stop such douchbaggery from happening in this game?
 :salute

Simple remove scoring system
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
I think the Bish are just being efficient. It usually takes 40-50 to take a field being defended by 5 Knits, so only 9 Bish vs you is pretty good for them.  :D

All kidding aside this happens all the time and everyone does it. Like Kazaa said it's most likely you being the only target in the area and everyone wanting the kill. I've had people killshoot themselves trying to shoot the flaming carcass of my B25, it's funny as hell when it happens. Usually I enjoying getting the horde behind me as I'll try and drag them away from the field they're capping so friendly's can take off. It make's me feel good because I'm being "useful". :uhoh
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:58:23 AM by Beefcake »
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
Simple remove scoring system

...either that or adjust the scoring system. It would most likely be a coading nightmare (but HT is soooooo good I'm sure he could do it with ease  :D ) but they could coad it so that if there is 1 or 2 guys after a lone guy you get full points, but as you add each additional guy in on the lone guy you split the points AND kill with everyone else with in 1k. The lone hunter, or winged pair would earn full points where "gangs" would earn only partial points.

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »
As a new guy, Im learning fast whats considered appropriate. If I see such a thing, I will usually hang back and watch....until I realize someone is on my six and Im dead. Its hard to stay out of such a fight when you are just itching for that first legitimate kill.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »
Firstly -your plane's engine sounds like an alarm and makes my ears bleed.

Secondly - blame yourself for trying to defeat 7-9 guys without a single advantage. They looked like they had nothing else to shoot down in that sector until your came along rambo style.
:aok
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
You don't need to remove scoring just switch on friendly collisons!  :devil

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
            I got jumped by all of the Pigs last night @ A239 minus you and Krup LOL....... I mean the whole friggin crew..... I set a new record for overshoots and then Way plowed into me on the way to the garage. All in all I thought it was pretty funny trying to dodge 7 or 8 aircraft....... Can't let it get on top of ya.
 :D

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »
As a new guy, Im learning fast whats considered appropriate. If I see such a thing, I will usually hang back and watch....until I realize someone is on my six and Im dead. Its hard to stay out of such a fight when you are just itching for that first legitimate kill.

Just stick with what you personally think is appropriate and ignore the whiners. There will likely be somebody complaining about whatever you choose to do.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »
There's no solution.

Everyone wants to shoot something down and if you are the only guy in a sea of red you are going to get engaged by a sea of red.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
If some dummy flies in to a group of you and your buddies then he deserves what ever he gets. Shoot them all. Don't play this game worried too much about others opinions of you, just have some fun. :aok

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »
This kind of thing has been going on since day one. The only real way to avoid it is to come in way above the mess and pick them off until you're out of advantages, and then get the hell out of there. At which time you'll be labeled a picker/runner/alt monkey  :rolleyes:.
I can't count the times I've been in the situation above and reverse on the hoard, just to be hoed by every single red guy flying by. Or out turn 2 or 3 spits, in a plane that's not supposed to do such a thing, only to have a high LA7 swoop in for the kill.
What I find funny is how everyone says (and rightly so), that DA lake is a cesspool. Well I see no difference in the video above and DA lake. It's the same thing.... just different terrain.
The game as a whole is nothing more than AirQuake. Plain and simple. The flight sim part of the game is between 20 and 30K.

The bottom line is nothing will change. The average subscriber will play along for 3,4 or 5 years until they get fed up with the whole thing and move on to something else.
Lighten up Francis