Author Topic: This seems like a waste of resources....  (Read 5820 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: This seems like a waste of resources....
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2011, 02:56:13 PM »
As a new guy, Im learning fast whats considered appropriate. If I see such a thing, I will usually hang back and watch....until I realize someone is on my six and Im dead. Its hard to stay out of such a fight when you are just itching for that first legitimate kill.

Your part right. What ya gotta do is hang back. Watch your countryman chase after the target following move for move like a school if fish where what the target is doing instead of heading to where the target is going like they should be. THEN you swoop in at the last second and steal the kill from all of em.

:D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »
Junky, Why didnt you just go into a sudden climb and then suddenly do a split S and drive half of em into the ground trying to follow you?

I got 5 suckers to go splat last night doing that.

By the time the rest recover and turn around you should be well out of guns range
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2011, 03:03:41 PM »
So your saying Del should jump in on you when you are fighting others. That staying out of the fray means nothing to you.

ummm ok :)

Every situation is different and I can't speak for each situation.  If I see a 1v1 out in the open, I try to ask if he would like me to stay out.  Generally, if he asks for me to stay out, I'll try to move at least 6.0k away to make it a fair fight.  Even if I know I'm not getting involved, if I'm still hanging around, that enemy con still has to watch me .  If I get no reply, I'll probably stick around and establish myself in a high advantage situation and make my move if needed.  

I just think it's another situation where one player thinks his game-play style is the right way while the other players may not agree.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »
Junky, Why didnt you just go into a sudden climb and then suddenly do a split S and drive half of em into the ground trying to follow you?

I got 5 suckers to go splat last night doing that.

By the time the rest recover and turn around you should be well out of guns range

Last time I flew in my first two flights I got three that way and another guy rammed me and died.  I hadn't fired a shot, but the attraction of an in the weeds 38G was too much to pass up for them.  They apparently didn't know how low I really was :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:30 PM »
I don't trust myself doing a split s that low...trees own me
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
Oh, here we go Shufflah getting all high and mighty again, let us pull some 'foot in mouth' footage from the Muppet shade archive!  :rofl

Probably just seems high and mighty from your viewpoint.

Got my boots on as usual.... continue.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »
Muppets have shades!? Tell me it ain't so!@
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
Every situation is different and I can't speak for each situation.  If I see a 1v1 out in the open, I try to ask if he would like me to stay out.  Generally, if he asks for me to stay out, I'll try to move at least 6.0k away to make it a fair fight.  Even if I know I'm not getting involved, if I'm still hanging around, that enemy con still has to watch me .  If I get no reply, I'll probably stick around and establish myself in a high advantage situation and make my move if needed.  

I just think it's another situation where one player thinks his game-play style is the right way while the other players may not agree.

I don't think he was wanting you to play his way.... I believe he was wondering if he should play your way.

Both sides are valid. Just different.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 04:17:14 PM »
I knew that tracking device was worth the money, (evil laugh) Junky never saw em till they were coverin his rearview mirror.  :banana:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »
this is something that has been around since the beginning and no matter how much one whines about it, it will never go away.  Some people like to take the path of least resistance.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:32:20 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
Probably just seems high and mighty from your viewpoint.

Got my boots on as usual.... continue.

It should seem high and mighty to anybody who has ever had their 1v1 picked by you, which is an alarmingly high number for how much you talk.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »
It should seem high and mighty to anybody who has ever had their 1v1 picked by you, which is an alarmingly high number for how much you talk.

Popcorn anyone? 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
I knew that tracking device was worth the money, (evil laugh) Junky never saw em till they were coverin his rearview mirror.  :banana:
:D It did seem like all the enemy planes on the map converged on me....rook and bish :cry

Popcorn anyone? 
Nah thats a quick fight....Ill just take skittles :devil
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
All seriousness me and Debrody got pushed down by some high rooks over this Bish field. Scared them off then we were trying to make a break but G6s can't do a whole lot with LAs and KI84s all over you. Not to mention that 190 coming from 20k right when  we started getting everyone else roped out. Just got caught in a bad spot and didn't get out.

I think a plane that has more then 3 people doing damage on it before it goes down...nobody should get the perks for killing that plane.
Hmmm...I'll remember that the next time a dozen Pigs are beating me up like a red-headed stepchild :P
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »
Hmmm...I'll remember that the next time a dozen Pigs are beating me up like a red-headed stepchild :P
Yea? Don't think I have ever come across you before...they can do whatever they want, doesn't mean I agree with it.
DFC Member
"Yikes"