Author Topic: Come on man  (Read 2177 times)

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
Come on man
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
Really after the beating anyone in yak 9t took and you guys leave it status quo for frame2 ???? bravo bravo  :uhoh  :uhoh
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
Re: Come on man
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
Yep, looks like the same set-up..  There will be 24 more unhappy Yak9t pilots.  :uhoh
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
It's the 9T that's the rock around our necks, literally.  It can't catch German fighters without altitude, and even if it could, getting the shot with the 37mm is a problem.  I'd be reasonably happy flying the U against most 109's and early model FW's.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »
Welcome to axis pilots world in Japan scenarios with A6m5bs going up against ponys and what not.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:05:59 PM »
At least in the zeke you've got the turning ability to duck out of the way.

By the way, historically speaking didn't the Russians at least have the advantage in numbers?  A flight of five Yak's getting jumped by a dozen or more 109's, Fw's and 262's doesn't seem all that realistic in a late war scenario. Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:08:45 PM by Muzzy »

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »

By the way, historically speaking didn't the Russians at least have the advantage in numbers?  A flight of five Yak's getting jumped by a dozen or more 109's, Fw's and 262's doesn't seem all that realistic in a late war scenario. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If we'd make it realistic, it would be a Russian Horde mission.  The idea is to give both sides a chance to win.  Unfortunately sometimes the plane sets just don't match up all that great.  Overall they may be close but you may have the best of one side running into the worst of the other. G14's running into yak 9T's for example.  If the 9t's ran into A8 or F8's low alt, it wouldn't be so bad.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
Welcome to our (Axis) world in EVERY campaign except Eastern Front.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:14:57 AM »

Yes...I recall one scenario where A6M's were tasked to kill B17G's at 25 or 30K. The A6Ms couldn't catch the 17s. At all.

God forbid the Allies don't have an advantage. It's like in FSOs the allies must win or there is some complaining going on. I remember one FSO where it got so bad that I was accused of crossing a no fly line in a jet that was put in for some dumb reason after Frame 1. And frankly I wasn't effective at all but I guess that's all there was to complain about.

Funny thing is even in half of these Japanese scenarios the axis still win.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
If the Admin CM's changed a design every time they had 3 or 4 complaints they would have to re-write it every Frame. Silly, and I will not have them do it. So blame me.

Often the outcome is circumstances and timing. BigRat said it nicely, and some of us said as much in the CM forum.
Overall they may be close but you may have the best of one side running into the worst of the other.
Granted the YakT can't hang with much in this setup, but we have the Val VS P40's or P38G's and a dozen other possible lopsided encounters.

If you want every encounter to be fair and reasonable then buy a box game and pick your mission. CM's do the best they can with out choreographing every mission.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
If the Admin CM's changed a design every time they had 3 or 4 complaints they would have to re-write it every Frame. Silly, and I will not have them do it. So blame me.

Often the outcome is circumstances and timing. BigRat said it nicely, and some of us said as much in the CM forum.Granted the YakT can't hang with much in this setup, but we have the Val VS P40's or P38G's and a dozen other possible lopsided encounters.

If you want every encounter to be fair and reasonable then buy a box game and pick your mission. CM's do the best they can with out choreographing every mission.

:aok

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
     C-Hawks had 9 pilots in Yak-9T's.  I found it a very fun challenge as we engaged 190D-9's, a few 109's, 2 262's, and some 234's.  I had many shot's but, as I always do in FSO, got excited when the fight starts.  Been playing AH for 10 years and I still can't control that excitement.  The first shot I had was on a 262.  I pushed down to avoid his boom and popped back up as he was going by.  See him 200 out just to the right of my sight.  Then the rush as I line him up, I could not aim straight in those few seconds and missed.   :x :x :x 
     We landed 4 pilots and took 3 NME with us.  This is what made my night:
JazzCH
22:10:01 Departed from Field #88 in a Yak-9T
22:38:42 Shot down a Me 262A-1 flown by RDRTrash.
23:03:10 Takes on fuel/ammo/ord at field #88.
23:33:58 Arrived Safely at Field #88

WTG Jazz!! Had a blast, looking forward to next Fri.
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline saltee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
Amen Kilo, Spikes and Perdue!

While the Allies won the war, this doesn't mean that they had to win every battle.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:47:32 PM by saltee »

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:56:49 PM by Skuzzy »
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »
I have damaged some 262's in FSO, but after all these years I don't think I ever shot one down.  Congrats! :cheers:
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »
See Rule #4

well ...

let me take a different approach here ...

first off WTFG CMs for not adjusting the event due to complaints ...

secondly, it is a shame that a large segment of the community will not participate in an event because they feel overburdened.
refusal to recognize that every side had time on the downside of battles and therefore that each side/squad/player must be willing to fight at a disadvantage from time to time, sometimes at what could be a extreme disadvantage in one way or another.  

the event designers clearly try for balance, and it is a shame that sometimes they are unable to present the events they want to put on because of a somewhat selfish POV of some members of the event community.  there are those players/squads who regularly either refuse to see the balancing aspects of an event or refuse to fly on the more burdened side of an event, which causes the numbers to be out of designed balance, and that causes the event to be adjusted or just overly unpleasant for one side or the other.  

IMO the above is even more discouraging when it is regular players/squads of the historic country/side that needs numbers who refuse to play for "their historic side" because they perceive a disadvantage they don't want to deal with, and that IMO is as lame as anything that goes on in online gaming.

t  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:11:55 PM by thorsim »
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.