Author Topic: What's with sticking to one country about?  (Read 4513 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: What's with sticking to one country about?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
I would imagine it helps with immersion for basetaking types if they just stick with one country, I wouldn't call that "ludicrous."  Spying accusations ARE  ludicrous though, as what little spying there is probably isn't being done by side-switchers.

I don't switch because my squad doesn't switch but I'm all in favor of it.  Quite nice to have guests over.  Except that the Nits never wipe their feet...
You RT guys need to wing up with us on rooks. That way I wont have to get that eye twitch whenever I see a 1A  :D
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:33 PM »
There are a number of schools of thought.

Some folks hold no loyalty to any side and you will see them changing sides, sometimes every 45mins or hour.  They have their own reasons.

Some of the old-timers (like myself) prefer to pick a side and stick with it.  I flew knights for 6 years.  A year ago the squad majority voted to go rooks and we have been there ever since.  It's nice to log on each time and fly with the same guys because you know they can trust you and you know you can trust them.  It's also nice to get to know a side, how they plan, organize, what makes them tick, etc.  They know you will do the best to help them and we know they will do their best to help us.  I really enjoy that aspect.  There's a lot of mutual respect to that.

But like others say fly all sides awhile and then pick the side you are most confortable with...or not...your choice.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »
I have flown for Green ever since I got here, and I'll never switch.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
I think its easier for squaddies to log in and know where yer buds are. For those not in a squad its easier to just stick to a side so you dont have to go through all that hassle of clicking a window. Ya, some of us are THAT lazy.

~AoM~

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
Each to their own. :aok Do your thing & enjoy it

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »
In order to stay in the good light you must always fly with the Bishops. For evil and darkness prevail in Rookland and Knightland. In Knightland, there is a clan called the Pigs that must be stopped at all cost. Failure to do so will allow them to reproduce and a pig nation will form devastating everything in its path..

For your own safety and well being. Never cross over to the other side.... :salute

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Some of the old-timers (like myself) prefer to pick a side and stick with it.  I flew knights for 6 years.  A year ago the squad majority voted to go rooks and we have been there ever since.  It's nice to log on each time and fly with the same guys because you know they can trust you and you know you can trust them.  It's also nice to get to know a side, how they plan, organize, what makes them tick, etc.  They know you will do the best to help them and we know they will do their best to help us.  I really enjoy that aspect.  There's a lot of mutual respect to that.

The thing I don't get, is from what I've seen, as far as 'sides' go, there's no quantifiable difference between how they operate.  Different squads and individuals, absolutely, but when it comes to the actual countries, I see no difference on the whole.  Not meaning any disrespect, that's just what I've observed.

The only slight 'country' tendency I've noticed is, for some reason the knights seem to have a greater percentage of guys who think the knights attracts more of the guys who like just fighting until they're dead, as opposed to hording and whatnot.  I didn't say I've noticed the percentage is actually higher, but just the guys think it is.  The other thing I've noticed is it seems to me the majority of the time Knights have the lowest numbers.  Never quite gotten why that is...

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »
Started as a knight and stay as a knight.  we are always being horde and enjoying the challenges. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
You RT guys need to wing up with us on rooks.

Oh yeah Tralf, the LM-RT squad night.  I'll remind Boss, we need to make that happen.  Be fun <<S>>
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
Many factors contribute, but for the most part its the need to be in a comfort zone.  

Get out and meet and greet, there are wonderful players on all sides.   :aok

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
Some of us are just to old, fat, and lazy to go to the effort to click the buttons to switch.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »
You RT guys need to wing up with us on rooks. That way I wont have to get that eye twitch whenever I see a 1A  :D

Oh yeah Tralf, the LM-RT squad night.  I'll remind Boss, we need to make that happen.  Be fun <<S>>

Yeah Lynchmob/Rolling Thunder fighter sweeps

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
The thing I don't get, is from what I've seen, as far as 'sides' go, there's no quantifiable difference between how they operate.  Different squads and individuals, absolutely, but when it comes to the actual countries, I see no difference on the whole.  Not meaning any disrespect, that's just what I've observed.

The only slight 'country' tendency I've noticed is, for some reason the knights seem to have a greater percentage of guys who think the knights attracts more of the guys who like just fighting until they're dead, as opposed to hording and whatnot.  I didn't say I've noticed the percentage is actually higher, but just the guys think it is.  The other thing I've noticed is it seems to me the majority of the time Knights have the lowest numbers.  Never quite gotten why that is...

Wiley.

True. You will also notice what goes around comes around.  You might find more people looking to shoot down planes more exclusively on the lower numbered team for a variety of reasons.  It seems certain countries tend to have lower numbers for extended periods of time, however, over time these numbers have a tendancy to switch. As they do, attitudes about the country change with it. My observation.

to original poster, do what is fun, just a game.  Switching sides is a great way to meet new people, and at times nme's :D.  Anyway, you will see loads of people saying they will never switch, and then notice a couple months later they will do just that.  On the other hand, you will find some who will never switch, though that is quite rare.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:24:24 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
Being strenuously committed to a particular chess piece in a 3-sided team oriented cartoon game is a cold hard sign of noobery.  Pure and simple.  NOOB.

"Sticking with one county" as it were, takes the standard level of rash ridiculousness by which we are all simply guilty and amplifies it on a order of magnitude of 10.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
You can switch sides??!!

Seriously though, the DHBG are perma-Bish, so that's why you'll only see me on the Bish side

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber