Author Topic: What's with sticking to one country about?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: What's with sticking to one country about?
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:25 PM »
no griz I have only accused you when you switch to bring a 262 to an area you noticed we were upping buffs then switched.

when I mention switching in fighters it's got nothing to do with you.

semp

Maybe I switched because I was in a green horde.  Usually there are buffs in hordes, they go hand in hand you know.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
The way I look at it is that perhaps the best thing about this silly little game is the friendships that develop around it.  If I flew only on one side I wouldn't get to fly with or have met 2/3rds of the people I count as friends in this game.  

I will now sit back and wait for a squaddie or someone else to come along and point out that no one really likes me and I have no friends. :)

I'll take the cue. Soulyss you don't have any friends and no one likes you anyway.  Many times in my banter with Corky he has referred to you as "the bait".  Was talking to Corky one night when you were trailing about 5 reds when Corky said "hold on..the bait is about to die".   :devil :noid :neener:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
The reason I stick to one country is because it's fair. My squad is there also, which is more important. I'll switch if I want to and fly with other people but most of the time I stay on knights. Through the easy fights and through the hard fights.

Country hopping is essential for balance but it is also adverse to balance. If there were no loyalies then every time a 163 base was opened up everyone would be flocking to get some easy kills with the rockets.

Maybe bishops have cheap perk planes going, so some people always swap to fly them. If everyone swapped to fly them at the same time as jonny side swap does then the price of perk planes is going to skyrocket instantly.

Essentialy, alot of people who switch sides all the time to get an advantage of some kind when they make the choice. this is only possible for them because other people stay in one country most of the time.

There are also alot of people who do the exact opposite, in switching the the disadvantaged side when they make there choice, so I am not trying to label side switching in general. Just explaining how a % of side switchers only get that option due to a core base of players who stay on one team.

If the intent of the thread is to make everyone a side-switcher it could not possibly work.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »
So 321BAR...you're saying that the squad is "chess piece loyal"....:devil
Sometimes when Bar post something I'm feel embarrassed that he is from Massachusetts like me. Of course I'm sure there are times when he feels the very same way because of me   :D

I understand the "country loyalty" thing. Years ago when I was CO of the Mafia, we were Bish, and Bish only. However we NEVER had any rules about not switching countries. Squads that do that are childish, and anyone who would join a squad that had such a rule and FOLLOWED it would be foolishly cutting out a large portion of players that potentially they could have fun flying with.
Not chess piece loyal. loyal to the friends who choose to stay bishop :aok i used the 91st as an example of this. they moved rook, we still cover their big butts on saturdays :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
Always been a Rook, but the high alt. nose bleeds are getting to me.  Might change sides, just to meet new people...
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
If your on a side that has the numbers, switch sides and shoot em down, if it pisses them off : Bonus.   :neener:
Its a game.   :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."