Author Topic: LA-7  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
Re: LA-7
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
How many times did you get shot down by a LA-7 last night DMGOD? The only thing I don't like about it is the unforgiving wicked wing drop at slow speeds. Happens quite often when flying on the egde of a stall turn fighting with turny birds.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »
How many times did you get shot down by a LA-7 last night DMGOD? The only thing I don't like about it is the unforgiving wicked wing drop at slow speeds. Happens quite often when flying on the egde of a stall turn fighting with turny birds.
i get shot down a lot everyday. Has nothing to do with this post. I just don't comprehend how the LA7 is a 8 eny and not perked.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
Well as others have said. Short legs,450rounds of very poor ballistics 20mm,does'nt take hits well in some areas. If you HO with it you will lose at least two guns in the pass. Fly it more often you might like it.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »
Well as others have said. Short legs,450rounds of very poor ballistics 20mm,does'nt take hits well in some areas. If you HO with it you will lose at least two guns in the pass. Fly it more often you might like it.
If you feather prop a bit u get plenty of travel in it. 450 rounds of 20mm even if bad ballistics still plenty enough for 5+ kills. Hard to hit something if u can't catch it and if you know anything avoiding ho is easiest thing in game
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
best low alt short range interceptor in the game, or at least top 3.
love the la7, she's beautiful.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
ya Oak no vet is gonna take an LA over 10k, its performance is crippled up there,  big time.  I Cant see charts on my phone but im sure if ya checked it out you would see large performance drop starting at 10k and just getting worse from there the higher you go, one thing I do like about it it is VERY hard to compress, the nose just wants to go up....it seems like it will pull itself out of compression lol       it has awesome high speed manuevering, holds E great, regains it, and the wing drop is easy to control with some rudder, if ya havnt flown it much, take it up for a month youll be suprized at how vicious it is. Just keep it under 10K.         you can reverse a zero so fast in that thing lol the guns are a bit whacky but hit very hard once ya get the hang of them. Which I still dont have haha             

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »

The LA-7's guns and range are its weakest points in my opinion (compared to other 5-eny and perk rides, mind you). As a point of observation, the LA-7 was my primary ride for over a year. I think I have the aiming of the cannons down. This tour I have been flying the Typhoon and Tempest almost exclusively (yes, I am a dweeb like that  :D ). You talk about cannons OH BOY. 4 Hispanos compared to 3 ruskie 20mm's? I'm nailing high angle deflection shots from twice to three times the range that I would even attempt when in the LA-7. Unless you're dead 6 on a con who's being nice and holding still, the LA needs to be inside 400 and closer to 200 to kill quickly. I would put the hitting power of the LA-7's cannons well below that of any 4 Hispano equipt bird, and probably equal to 6 0.50's or the Spit's loadout of 2 0.50's and 2 20mms.

But that's just my observation.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
Well I already told you I am not that good,but I can avoid the HO when I want. Don't much care if I go into a HO because I am gonna hit with cannons and the plane. Lately I have been coming out on the flying end of the collision. If you point your nose at me expect the collision cause I won't avoid it. The planes are free.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »
How is the LA 7 not perked and more so how did it go from a 5 eny to an 8? What am I missing?

Its a harder plane to fight in now, it used to be what the spit16 is today in the MA.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:59 PM »
Its a harder plane to fight in now, it used to be what the spit16 is today in the MA.

I don't know at what point the LA-7 was "nerfed" but I can say that compared to the Spit 16, the LA is no where near as "easy mode" as the Spixteen.

For me flying the LA-7, killing baddies, and making it home alive was a study in knowing what and whom to engage, for how long, and when you needed to get out and use the speed to "reset" whatever advantage you had lost if you didn't land the kill on the first shot or two.

Really no different than flying the Typhoon, the only differences being the Typhoon is much easier to kill with on the first gun solution, but if you miss the shot the Tiffy wants you to disengage and reset instead of trying to stay in and turn fight like you can sometimes get away with in the LA-7...
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 08:49:49 PM »
Like I said. The LA7 is easier to fly than the spit 16 is for me. Love the LA. Its a great tard chaser and Hotard killer.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 09:29:57 PM »
Crap plane. I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

you do realize now that if I outlive you I will make it a life goal to put an LA7 sticker on your casket don't you? :D

Oh and yes I hate them.. very much
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
If you feather prop a bit u get plenty of travel in it. 450 rounds of 20mm even if bad ballistics still plenty enough for 5+ kills. Hard to hit something if u can't catch it and if you know anything avoiding ho is easiest thing in game

When speaking of range, feathering the prop isn't really all that useful. Of course I coulod fly most efficient setting, and feather the prop, but that isn't very practical. Whn talking about performance, it has great acceleration, top speed, views, roll, and overall turning ability. With that said, the ballistics are marginal, and the range isn't anything to write home about. All things considered, it should be ENY 5 IMO.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »
Ya can't perk the LA and let the Spixteensquelch lie. That plane is a monstrosity.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »
Wow.  I haven't seen a "perk the LA7 thread in years.

They were all the rage when I first started playing.

LA7 use seemed to drop off when the graphics were updated.  Harder to see out of.

Otherwise, it's just dandy where it is.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay