Author Topic: LA-7  (Read 3628 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: LA-7
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
maybe I need to spit out Deds hook but he caught me good.......The LA is a great plane that is awesome to fight against the hourd, why you and others dont like it I just cant understand, I dont fly it as often as I used to,I was enjoying the KI84.... you being a vet should know there are No dweeb planes just dweeb sticks, any "vet" who doesnt realize that is well just a dweeb himself....and never before have I thought of you like that.....once again I say  THERE ARE NO DWEEB PLANES JUST DWEEB STICKS.....PERIOD                              Oak I didnt mean it was impossable to compress just hard to get it to.....and like Kar said Ive never augerd the LA ether and I do use flaps get it low and slow and have out manouvered zero's on the deck.....again you fight the stick not so much the plane.

I know what you are talking about in the compress i just do not know much as far as its ability on a dive, when it will compress, and can it pull out of a dive with out damage.   As far as auger, i did fought a La-7 on he deck and forced him to auger into the grown.  It was hilarious because a 190D showed up and did the same. 
How well can the La-7 fight up against a Brewster? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 04:16:06 PM »
 :D  I just think it is funny when people complain about the La7.  There is only one reason they do.  It can run down runstangs and pick90s lol.  To make it worse, once those guys get run down by a lala, they really don't have a chance against it since all they have learned is to run, err extend.

There is another class of people that don;t like the lala.  Spit16 drivers.  The plane has enough power to go up with them and can turn enough to kill them.  Not because it does anything better than the Spit, but because they cant fly.  Therefore, the post about the LA.  Like an ENY of 5 would have save them lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 05:01:10 PM »
:D  I just think it is funny when people complain about the La7.  There is only one reason they do.  It can run down runstangs and pick90s lol.  To make it worse, once those guys get run down by a lala, they really don't have a chance against it since all they have learned is to run, err extend.

There is another class of people that don;t like the lala.  Spit16 drivers.  The plane has enough power to go up with them and can turn enough to kill them.  Not because it does anything better than the Spit, but because they cant fly.  Therefore, the post about the LA.  Like an ENY of 5 would have save them lol.

I will not take the bait I REFUSE
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »
meh, if you perk the la7, then everyone will whine about the next plane that doesn't have a perk value.  Beides most la pile-its aren't vets.  That said it is a very good plane.  I really think the only issue with the plane is its "legs." Ballistics are ok, I'm sure those who fly it alot can adjust.  Besides, how many cannon rounds to you really need to land anyway?  I bet most turn around to land 2 kills, or die before they are out of ammo.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
Dedalos's second scenario there best describes DMCOD (courtesy of Silat)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
The La7 is an easy enough ac to fly in AH. Its not as common place as it used to be. ... and as the perk system is an arena balancing tool not a uber ride penalty tool the move from 5 to 8 seems to reflect that.

In summary it a fast, low alt, high g fighter that requires you to get in close to make use of its armaments.

Its strange that folk refer to its low speed handling being nerfed. If so it was very subtle. Stall recovery for me is no different to before.

I think the flap drag is heavier (than it once was) and as the La7 was never intended (or ever really did) see combat as a stall fighting uber slow speed fully flapped beast then any change in that direcion was accurate imo.

Big change of many moons ago was its comparative mid range acceleration in dive. I can remember when nothing  (with a prop) could out dive an La7. IMO this was wrong. Even a BF109G4 would out dive an La7 (in RL) once the initial phase of acceleration was overcome...and now in AH P51's, Doras, 109 K's as well as faster Spits will out accelerate or stay with the La7 in dive (400 to 450) which was never the case 5 years ago. Further it seems to me that high speed (out of dive) high g manovers bleed E a little faster(in AH) in the La7 (in comparaison to many of the above) than would have happened  years ago. Again this seems right to me ...........

The shvak and the B20 are by far the weakest 20mm's in the game. If we perked load outs and used an historical basis for doing so then the  3 x B20 would be due for some sort of perk. Well AH uses neither criteria. You have to get close.

If you want a challenge in an La7 then just commit to a  co alt, co e dog fight with the bulk of 44/45 fighters at any where between 12K and 20K.  OK you can disengage and dive away but you lost the fight in doing so.
Ludere Vincere

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
Its weird to think the spit v was once an uber plane  :D

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »
Loves the lil buggers'(LA7)..  Has become my exclusive plane... For the  6 sorties I fly a month lol.. :airplane:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
Oak~depending on situation I would use the climb of LA to get above the brew once the brew gets slow its easy meat,drop and make slashing attacks,not allowing it to regain any sorta E,most people when they see an LA7 they think its gonna BnZ them so you can catch most by suprise by a quick revesal if the brew pilot is good it obviously wont be so easy to catch them unaware,the thing with the LA is its high speed maneuvering,plus its ability to regain speed,working the angles against the real great turners,I will wait till I am below there nose to reverse so they dont see it,against the real speed demons using the climbing scissors,when I fight I dont think about what I am doing or gonna do next,I use the nme cons position and E state,try do what it takes to get crossing shots,or to saddle them,saddleing someone is defenitily not the best option though, a dead 6 shot is actually harder to hit even though many here seem to think otherwise, once im back we can get some practice in fighting against it. <S>

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2011, 09:41:36 AM »
Bat,

I think it is time  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
The only real shortcoming of LA7 is it's range when attacking. That can be extended to insane amounts by throttling back and dropping rpm. The LA7 flies on idle the top speed of a brewster if you allow a little exaggeration.

I think I'll fly this tour in La7, I almost forgot about the plane.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2011, 05:40:15 PM »
Bat,

I think it is time 

:D
Here is the first one Ded, what an awesome fight too.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/LA7-1.ahf

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
Nice flying Ded, enjoyed watching that one..

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »
nice rolling. . . the brew came back too. . . good stuff.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2011, 05:52:15 PM »
If you feather prop a bit u get plenty of travel in it. 450 rounds of 20mm even if bad ballistics still plenty enough for 5+ kills. Hard to hit something if u can't catch it and if you know anything avoiding ho is easiest thing in game

:airplane: How do you feather the prop?
Feathering a prop means turning the blades to a position that creates the least amount of drag on a engine failure.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:01:46 PM by rvflyer »
Tour 70 2005 to present