Author Topic: LA-7  (Read 3628 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: LA-7
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
meh.

marginal cannons (compared to other "cannon birds"), short range, average (at best) low speed handling, poor high altitude performance.
Ive outdone many an enemy in the La7 with a bit of skill put into it. low speed handling is awkward at first but you can still do some stuff in it
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »
I spent a lot of time in La7s getting ready for Krupp Storm Red Steel because I had to lead a regiment of them. To be effective on the battle field for a long term was my biggest challenge. Its most fuel efficient at 22k but you need to fight under 10k, quite a challenge, find enemy then coax them into your realm. This alone makes it a pain in the Kaiber Pass and is probably why it is not perked.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »
Ive outdone many an enemy in the La7 with a bit of skill put into it. low speed handling is awkward at first but you can still do some stuff in it

No doubt BAR, I've killed many a Spitfire in rolling low-speed fights with flaps out.... but it takes a lot of working the plane and dancing on the rudder pedals with just the right amount of throttle... but that ain't where that plane wants to be. That's the difference... that type of fight is effortless in a spitfire, you need a drink after living through it in an LA.  :lol
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »
It's a crappy plane, I hate it, would never fly it.     :huh

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 01:05:38 AM »
It's a crappy plane, I hate it, would never fly it.     :huh
lol
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 02:40:36 AM »
defo not perk worthy.  Its a strong late war plane with on really good strong point (speed) and a few weak points (wepons, abrupt stall).

Slow it down and you can get it to auger a lot.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Nightmare

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 02:44:15 AM »
They should perk ALL late war plane's!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 05:50:05 AM »
defo not perk worthy.  Its a strong late war plane with on really good strong point (speed) and a few weak points (wepons, abrupt stall).

Slow it down and you can get it to auger a lot.
3 B20s are not weak at all... few well placed rounds and the baby bird in front of you is going byebye. Its just the drop rate of the russian 20s that get ya and the ammo load
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 06:53:26 AM »
I've never augered from a stall in an La-7.  Then again, I don't use flaps, so that might explain some of it. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 07:01:56 AM »
3 B20s are not weak at all... few well placed rounds and the baby bird in front of you is going byebye. Its just the drop rate of the russian 20s that get ya and the ammo load

I just can't agree with the desire to perk more planes. The LA7 is dominant under 8k true, but by calling for the LA7 to be prked, you are also going to have to perk the K4, D9, P51, Spit 16 and then there is going to be th next tier of dominant planes which will start the cycle over again - meanwhile we have basically made a game where perks become centrral to success, we have more people who are shy about their perk planes, and it will destroy the pvp enviornment as it is now (which is why people who run make no sensee to me - extention yes, reset yes, run no).

Thee tempest, C-Hog and 4-Hog are unbalancing for sure, and there is a good thread here that is asking for the spit 14 to be unperked - which I agree with.

If people don't want to deal with these late war birds, then there is the MW and EW arenas to fly in.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 09:09:12 AM »
How is the LA 7 not perked and more so how did it go from a 5 eny to an 8? What am I missing?

Didn't you quit?

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
How is the LA 7 not perked and more so how did it go from a 5 eny to an 8? What am I missing?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  STOP! your style is silly   :aok

The only thing reasonable to complain about is the STYLE of play  :aok

silly "rainbow" monkey

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »
If the Spit 14 is perk worthy the why not the LA-7. I would jump over the 14 to fly the LA. It is at least a eny 5 bird.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
Well I already told you I am not that good,but I can avoid the HO when I want. Don't much care if I go into a HO because I am gonna hit with cannons and the plane. Lately I have been coming out on the flying end of the collision. If you point your nose at me expect the collision cause I won't avoid it. The planes are free.

Wow!  You are awesome dude, rock on.  :confused:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »

I really do not know who the vets are in the La-7. 

No vet with any self respect would ever fly a LALA.  Plus, as many said, the plane just sucks  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.