Author Topic: A20s  (Read 7072 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Re: A20s
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »
Life is tough when you run into an A-20 thinking easy kill and Cobia is behind the stick.

Sort of when you casually roll into a set of bombers only to find 999000 is in the gunner's seat...
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
For those two not so much. They are just that good in them.

Oh i wasn't pointed any fingers at anyone in general, my apologies if anyone thought that   :salute
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Cobia the fights we had last week were some of the most fun I have had for a long time<S>

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
flew a few sorties in it recently and had some wing breakage occur where I had not experienced that under similar circumstances before.  Also tore the elevators off several times in what I can only describe as pretty standard work.

Just curious if anyone else noticed anything or if I was just taking another stroll down anomaly road.

You exceeded maximum G when pulling out of a high speed maneuver, that's why you lost the elevators.  At high speeds, gradually pull the stick back, don't exceed 3Gs on a pull out and you won't lose the elevators.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
i'd rather take a b25C with strafer option than an a20.  :airplane:

LOL!  The B-25C can't do what the A-20 can do in a dogfight.

ack-ack

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »
LOL!  The B-25C can't do what the A-20 can do in a dogfight.

ack-ack
depends on the pilot. llike ive said ive shot down spits/109s and even a f4u once with the b25

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
depends on the pilot. llike ive said ive shot down spits/109s and even a f4u once with the b25

No, it doesn't depend on the pilot. 

ack-ack

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »

ack-ack

The B25C is about half and half Ack-Ack, I can make the old girl do some pretty wild maneuvers but in the end I'm never going to out fly a fighter that has half a brain. The B25C only has 2 attacks in a dogfight, ho and lucky top turret shot. Otherwise the plane is to slow to do anything.

And on the F3 shooting thing, I use F3 view help my SA while I'm flying a B25 as a dogfighter, however, whenever I think I may have a shot coming up I switch to F1 and use the crosshairs to fire. I don't use F3 to actually shoot because I never hit anything and in a B25 you get very few chances to take a shot so I always use a gunsight.

People that are good at shooting in F3...well...more power to them, but don't assume every bomber pilot uses F3 to shoot.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
The A-20 needs a face lift, still one fantastic bird.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
It's no different than in Air Warrior when plenty of guys would dogfight (especially 1 v 1's) in those A-26's we had.

WHAA?!?!    :furious :furious

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 07:46:49 PM »

ack-ack
awhile back (during the summer) me and a another player (i believe maybe killer? i cant remember) did a b25c vs a20 fight. the fight ended with me sawing his left wing off after he tried to reverse turn. so how do you analyze this? you cant say it was the b25 that won the fight, because your saying the b25 is inferior to the a20. and you cant say i was a better pilot than him, because you just said pilot doesnt make the difference.

so what do you want to be? go against your original answer or be a hypocrite? you pick.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
Oh i wasn't pointed any fingers at anyone in general, my apologies if anyone thought that   :salute
None needed. The A-20 may indeed be what the F3 types are using now. Those two are just freaks in them. :aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
awhile back (during the summer) me and a another player (i believe maybe killer? i cant remember) did a b25c vs a20 fight. the fight ended with me sawing his left wing off after he tried to reverse turn. so how do you analyze this? you cant say it was the b25 that won the fight, because your saying the b25 is inferior to the a20. and you cant say i was a better pilot than him, because you just said pilot doesnt make the difference.

so what do you want to be? go against your original answer or be a hypocrite? you pick.
You vs You in a fight the A-20 wins.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »

How do I analyze this?  Easily, you fought a player that has absolutely no clue as what to do and probably someone flying a C-47 could have gotten a kill on him.  Not saying that you were the better pilot because from the myriad of comments you've made on the board, you're clearly not a good pilot.  You just happened to run into someone that is worse than you are.

ack-ack

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »
How do I analyze this?  Easily, you fought a player that has absolutely no clue as what to do and probably someone flying a C-47 could have gotten a kill on him.  Not saying that you were the better pilot because from the myriad of comments you've made on the board, you're clearly not a good pilot.  You just happened to run into someone that is worse than you are.

ack-ack

ack-ack, allmost every time something pops up that goes against what your saying, you try to blow it off by simply saying "the other pilot has no skill" or "doesnt know what he's doing".and ive seen you take some serious flak after awhile from people who's gotten tired of your insulting crap. different people use different styles and different techniques. but in your mind if they dont use YOUR way of flying then they have "absolutely no clue as what to do". youve just insulted two pilots you've never incounted before, calling them both pretty much noobs. we could just settle this with you in an a20 and me in a b25, if you win that figh then you can call me a bad pilot, but until then your no better than i am.