Author Topic: upgrade the stuka  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: upgrade the stuka
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
"Furball" a B-25 near me and you're towered 10 out of 10 times, as with most of the "Fair sticks and above".   You are not that good, but you and others who claim to be "B-25 Sierra Hotel sticks" have merely lost touch with reality.   
More accurately: furball a B-25 and you're towered 8 out of 10 times.  Trust me, I know.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
More accurately: furball a B-25 and you're towered 8 out of 10 times.  Trust me, I know.

True, but I for one did enjoy a single sortie in the -25H where I beat down three ponys in a dogfight.  One collided at 8K AGL in a dive... and kept going straight down.  I killed the second after he overshot on a low 5 pass at 2K.  The last one was out and out knife fighting on the deck for 3 minutes, until I converted his 6. 

Towered with 6 kills, all air to air.  (Killed a set of buffs with the big gun, my intended sortie mission, defending a cv.)  Never have been able to come close to that since...lol

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »
True, but I for one did enjoy a single sortie in the -25H where I beat down three ponys in a dogfight.  One collided at 8K AGL in a dive... and kept going straight down.  I killed the second after he overshot on a low 5 pass at 2K.  The last one was out and out knife fighting on the deck for 3 minutes, until I converted his 6. 

Towered with 6 kills, all air to air.  (Killed a set of buffs with the big gun, my intended sortie mission, defending a cv.)  Never have been able to come close to that since...lol

:salute to you then for getting the H to dogfight. im used to the C model with strafer option, and to me it seems like the H cant pull as tight of a turn as the C can without snapping its wings.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
+1 37mm stuka :aok  and i want a sb2 helldiver "The Beast!!!!"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
seems like the H cant pull as tight of a turn as the C can without snapping its wings.

hmmm, I have no problem screwing around in it. You just need to get used to having an artillery piece and extra men.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
...i just want a siren.....
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
From what I have been told in game is that there use to be a siren on the stuka, but just like in real life people got tired of hearing it so htc removed the sound from the game. Like I said this is all just in game talk so I don't know if it is true or not.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
From what I have been told in game is that there use to be a siren on the stuka, but just like in real life people got tired of hearing it so htc removed the sound from the game. Like I said this is all just in game talk so I don't know if it is true or not.

Whoever told you that was speaking out from where the Sun doesn't shine.  The Ju 87D-3 we have in game never had the "Horn of Jericho" siren as this particular model was produced without the siren.  Only Stuka models earlier than the D-3 had the siren, the D-3 was teh first production model without them.  The reason why the siren was removed from production models was that the siren had lost its psychological impact.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up ack-ack, now I know.

The only thing I want added for the stuka is the 37mm gun pods, I like tank busting in the Ju87 but in AH it doesn't have any armor busting ability after the big bombs are dropped, so I spend half of my time flying back to the field to use the rearm pad. I would just like the opportunity to stay on station and be effective longer, even if it means a new stuka variant and a choice between bombs or gun pods.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »
Im almost sure that the 37mm stukas couldn't carry bombs, at least not the 1800kg giant. Those cannons had very limited ammunition, maybe 12rpg, but those rounds were much stronger than the il-2s. In an airshow in Hungary in '44, Rüdel destroyed a captured t-34 with only one shot. To compare, the t-34 looks pretty much resistant to the il-2s rounds.
AoM
City of ice

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:29 AM »
I found out today while flying one that the sound pack I have (USRanger) - when the bombs are dropped.....YOU HEAR THE SIRENNNNNNN
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:25:09 AM »
Of course two 20mms in the wings would give it a better chance of defending itself. If you manage to get a snapshot at your attacker with those two BBs they do not have any effect, but with two 20mm MG151/20s it would be a very different matter. It also has a historical basis.

And 37mms? Well we also have a thing called scenarios and there are big gunned AtoG planes available for allied side and none for axis. That alone supports the addition of 37mms for Ju87. Eg. imagine an east front scenario with 37mm Il-2s and Ju87s with BBs, OR a rule that prevents Il-2s from using 37mm because axis does not have it, veeeeery nice....

And if I may add still not even the single MGFF for Ju88A4, but of course there was also Ju88P which had various interesting gun options. Maybe we could have that?

Do I envy the various gun configurations for B25, hell yes. Is it any less a target for fighters due to its incredible gun load? Probably not, but it sure adds a lot to its appeal.  :P

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
The Ju87 D8 had Mg151-20 in the wings with 180 rounds per gun, And, it had the identical airframe to our D3, wing size and all.  :aok  Also, when the Horn of Jericho siren was removed, they added a whistle to one of the bomb fins to achieve the same effect.  but a big +1 to the OP!  sounds like a relatively easy upgrade   :pray
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
I found out today while flying one that the sound pack I have (USRanger) - when the bombs are dropped.....YOU HEAR THE SIRENNNNNNN

Yeah, I was going to tell you that some soundpacks have the siren  :old:
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
Why would it be a nice dogfighter?  If you really think that then you probably think a B-25 is a good dogfighter..oh wait you do.

Hey man, I dog fought and shot down a 4-hog with a B-25 once...
the channel 200 rant that followed was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)