Author Topic: Original Callsigns...  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Vapor

• Zinc Member
Re: Original Callsigns...
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »
Well I give vapor during my real life job in the hospital...plus I like seeing planes explode after hit with the .50's.  You just got Vaporized!!   :cheers:  :salute

Lt. Vapor
VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH Tour 115 start

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
nice video plaw and fugitive thanks for the picture posting info, I printed it so I can actually use it..
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
When I started playing years ago, my job was a flight engineer on csar helos in the USAF.  Our callsign has been Jolly (short for jolly green) since viet nam.  so Jolly FE (FE for flight engineer).
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
We have Gowen ANG Feild here in Boise.  :salute
Isnt that part of Mountain Home AFB?
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
I chose my name, TeeArr because I collect and Restore TR series Triumph Sports Cars.  Triumph was an English Car Company that began in the late 19th century building bicycles.  They  progressed into making motorcycles and then automobiles.  Triumph cars split from the motorcycle company around 1927.  The Triumph TR series began in 1953 with the introduction of the TR-2.  The series ended with the TR-8 in 1981 when the then nationalized car industry (British Leyland) went bankrupt and went out of business.
I currently own 3 Triumphs: A 1960 TR-3A, 1965 TR-4, and a 1974 TR-6. :aok   Now you know!

I still think the TR-6 is the quintesential british rag top sports car, and one of the classic all-time sports car designs.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
Isnt that part of Mountain Home AFB?

No Gowen is at the Boise air port. Mt. Home is some 60 miles south, as the crow fly's.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »
I started with Simaril, because A) I've always liked Tolkien, especially his ancient lore stuff (I.e. the Silmarillion); B) other cool names like Nazgul were taken; and C) I didn't spell it right when I originally created the account.

The Silmarillion were stones that captured the light of original creation, and were the cause of any number of knock-down, drag out wars.

/end nerdzone
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline catdaddy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
I chose my name, TeeArr because I collect and Restore TR series Triumph Sports Cars.  Triumph was an English Car Company that began in the late 19th century building bicycles.  They  progressed into making motorcycles and then automobiles.  Triumph cars split from the motorcycle company around 1927.  The Triumph TR series began in 1953 with the introduction of the TR-2.  The series ended with the TR-8 in 1981 when the then nationalized car industry (British Leyland) went bankrupt and went out of business.
I currently own 3 Triumphs: A 1960 TR-3A, 1965 TR-4, and a 1974 TR-6. :aok   Now you know!

Holy COW.....I thought you picked that name because you looked like the old chieftan in the original Star Trek series.....he was the TeeArr (chief)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »
No Gowen is at the Boise air port. Mt. Home is some 60 miles south, as the crow fly's.
originally from Idaho Falls.   miss that country !
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
First name was ohfudge, and my current name is DMWhitey. Last name White, some friends call me Whitey
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
Simaril...Along with the Triumphs, I also collect Tolkien.  I have all of his published works in hardbound, most, if not all are American (not English) First Edition/First Printing.  I have 8 different Hardbound LOTR, and 9 Different Hardbound Hobbit.  I started collecting in 1974.  I even collected ALL of the LOTR premiums that Burger King released for the Movie "Fellowship"  They were like 18 figurines on a platform that when put all together make a Circle with the "One Ring" in the center.
Don't ask me about my RMS Titanic collection.   By the way, I like your Joshua Chamberlain avatar, <S>
TeeArr
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:33:57 PM by TeeArr »

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
My first callsign was "Dibo" back in AW.  I was in high school, and working at a Burger King...  Every night at 11, "Mandatory Metallica" would be on the radio.  I always went to the back of the store and switched the channel to listen to it.  There were two Mexican dudes that worked with me, and they started calling me "Diabolito" (while headbanging and doing the "goat horn" rock-n-roll sign).   :devil  Man, I miss being 17 and ignorant....  Well, I'm still ignorant, but 32 now.   :D
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »
Long ago in the era of Warbirds BWB (Before Wild Bill), my leet F4U skills prompted the handle 'augr'.  Back in those days we could only afford 4 characters for a handle.  You young whippersnappers have it so good now.  It's been some variation ever since.

Now get off of my lawn!

Offline NaTorino

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
1st name was NaTorino, my name is nate and i have a torino and my buddies would always call me "nate-torino"
then i went with 70torino
and now

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »

Holy COW.....I thought you picked that name because you looked like the old chieftan in the original Star Trek series.....he was the TeeArr (chief)

Ouch! We're dating ourselves. I remember that episode and really dug on it. I'm an original Trekkie.  :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,