Author Topic: Original Callsigns...  (Read 4252 times)

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
Re: Original Callsigns...
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:46 PM »
Johannes after Johannes Steinhoff, one of the highest scoring Luftwaffe pilots of the war.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2011, 07:55:23 AM »
Using your Ham call sign is kind of neat.Mine is AB7AG,but I never thought to use it.I see a couple of other guys using what appears to be a radio call sign.Since Morse code has pretty much went by by,I haven't been active at all.My Yaesu FT 990 is nearly twenty years old,with very low mileage!
I picked IronDog as I like the P39 a lot.a fellow from a town down the road a bit from me flys a P63,and I've seen it several times.He also owns "Ol Yellow",and a Vietnam era Sky Raider.I try to catch as many of his air shows as I'm able to.Last one was in Idaho Falls,Blue Angels,in 100 degree heat!

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2011, 08:57:49 AM »
Mine is because I'm a utensil....
My name change came not a moment to soon...people had trouble with SPKmes and by the time they worked out what to call me I was dead hahaha...but on reflection, that was when I first started so whether they checked me or not I was dead

I still wonder how to say SPKmes.   Can you clear it up?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »
I have always felt odd using an assumed name when playing online games. Currently, I'm just using initials..which is fine. A few have called me New Jersey on VOX, so I may have to change (would never live in Joisey even if you put a gun to my head).

i could use my other call sign.. K3ACE (yep..I'm one too)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2011, 10:15:34 AM »
I have always felt odd using an assumed name when playing online games. Currently, I'm just using initials..which is fine. A few have called me New Jersey on VOX, so I may have to change (would never live in Joisey even if you put a gun to my head).

i could use my other call sign.. K3ACE (yep..I'm one too)

it's only once you go past trenton that jersey sucks. well.....'cept for camden....that's like the armpit of the state. they oughtta put a fence up around there.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »
it's only once you go past trenton that jersey sucks. well.....'cept for camden....that's like the armpit of the state. they oughtta put a fence up around there.

the taxes suck too..maybe your new guy will turn that around

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
I chose my name, TeeArr because I collect and Restore TR series Triumph Sports Cars.  Triumph was an English Car Company that began in the late 19th century building bicycles.  They  progressed into making motorcycles and then automobiles.  Triumph cars split from the motorcycle company around 1927.  The Triumph TR series began in 1953 with the introduction of the TR-2.  The series ended with the TR-8 in 1981 when the then nationalized car industry (British Leyland) went bankrupt and went out of business.
I currently own 3 Triumphs: A 1960 TR-3A, 1965 TR-4, and a 1974 TR-6. :aok   Now you know!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
My first name plus part of my last name and add the number 2.  That way everybody is always wandering....what is he wasting two of? :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
redctchr

Redcatchers --  199th Light Infantry Brigade Fort Benning Ga. - Vietnam  1966-1970

Our heliborne assault company would be loaded in 16 UH1B  Hueys in 15 minutes and dropped in a VC or NVA hotspot.  The largest weapon we fielded was a 90mm Recoiless. Thus the name  'light'.

Loved the unit and the guys.  Served in this unit in VN  1968  till the 2nd Tet battle in May took me out of the picture.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:42:30 AM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »
Using your Ham call sign is kind of neat.Mine is AB7AG,but I never thought to use it.I see a couple of other guys using what appears to be a radio call sign.Since Morse code has pretty much went by by,I haven't been active at all.My Yaesu FT 990 is nearly twenty years old,with very low mileage!

I could use mine, K5TEN, but think ROX is more remembered.

There are at least 2 other hams active besides us....maybe even more.

Back in Air Warrior there were about 10 active hams that played and used 75m SSB as their voice comms.  The folks listening thought they were crazy.  SWL's thought they were hearing "real" kills.  Funny stuff.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
I could use mine, K5TEN, but think ROX is more remembered.

There are at least 2 other hams active besides us....maybe even more.

Back in Air Warrior there were about 10 active hams that played and used 75m SSB as their voice comms.  The folks listening thought they were crazy.  SWL's thought they were hearing "real" kills.  Funny stuff.

I've always been of the opinion that a callsign that works like an actual name is way better than one like those ham radio signs.  Rox or Norm are way easier to see and say and remember than any combination of letters and numbers could be.  They work like a name and I feel like you become somewhat more real to the other guys in game.  Just my opinion, but it's based on having seen a lot of callsigns over the years in a number of games. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
redctchr

Redcatchers --  199th Light Infantry Brigade Fort Benning Ga. - Vietnam  1966-1970

Our heliborne assault company would be loaded in 16 UH1B  Hueys in 15 minutes and dropped in a VC or NVA hotspot.  The largest weapon we fielded was a 90mm Recoiless. Thus the name  'light'.

Loved the unit and the guys.  Served in this unit in VN  1968  till the 2nd Tet battle in May took me out of the picture.

:salute and thank you
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »
the taxes suck too..maybe your new guy will turn that around

yea...taxes do suck......and you're right....he's trying to turn it around, but you know who's fighting him every step of the way.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
yea...taxes do suck......and you're right....he's trying to turn it around, but you know who's fighting him every step of the way.

Once the pigs get at the trough, they won't leave till is all gone or you shoot them behind the ear.  :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
my first gameid for aces high was akgreens <cause i from alaska didnt know about AK squad>  :bhead
2nd gameid was 1greenS <didnt know bout 1<dudes> names LOL  :bhead  :bhead
3rd gameid fit just fine
<S> greens

_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!