Author Topic: Original Callsigns...  (Read 4261 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Original Callsigns...
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
Before I picked my callsign I checked around to make sure nobody was using it. What do you guys think, I mean we have about 4 or 5 Hawks of various spelling, even 1 or 2 Skuzz-Meister near homonyms, and many more. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so that other "Weasel" wanna-be must want to grow up just like me some day.  :neener:  Teasing aside I would want a callsign that means something to me personally. If yours is unique why did you pick it? 

WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Original Callsigns...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
Mine is rather original I think. I created the Drunken Monkeys hence my name  :cheers:
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
I started as Ghost51.  Couldn't come up with a good unique name so I went with "Ghost" because I thought I'd attack people so fast that they would think a ghost killed them, and "51" because I was a brainwashed teen who had been told the P-51 was the "best" fighter of WW2.

Stuck with Ghost for a few tours, added squad number to it, etc.

Banshee7 came about when I had become considered one of the most hated squeakers in the game.  Got caught in the wrong crowd and stuff.  "Banshee" came from three things--1.)  I used to ride a friends Yamaha Banshee all the time.  2.)  The P-51B named "Beantown Banshee"  3.)  It sounded cool.  The "7" came along because of the overused 'lucky #7"
Tours 86 - 296

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »
I think I'm the only Fugitive. I picked it after a very short break. I had been MDJOE for years both here and in AWIII. I was part of the 444th Air Mafia for all of those years as well. In the "mob" we had a saying, "There is only one way out of the Mafia, in a pine box!" So when I left the Mafia, I became the "Fugitive"   :D

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:16 PM »
Mine is rather original I think. I created the Drunken Monkeys hence my name  :cheers:

Uh God had it first.   :rofl
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »
I think I'm the only Fugitive. I picked it after a very short break. I had been MDJOE for years both here and in AWIII. I was part of the 444th Air Mafia for all of those years as well. In the "mob" we had a saying, "There is only one way out of the Mafia, in a pine box!" So when I left the Mafia, I became the "Fugitive"   :D

Cool! :salute
WildWzl

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
Mine is because I'm a utensil....
My name change came not a moment to soon...people had trouble with SPKmes and by the time they worked out what to call me I was dead hahaha...but on reflection, that was when I first started so whether they checked me or not I was dead

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 10:42:14 PM »
NOT...... :aok

NOT

AKNOT

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
NOT...... :aok

NOT

But what are you not?
WildWzl

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
No brainer for my name DUH!!  :bhead
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
No brainer for my name DUH!!  :bhead

You must dig on them Collard Greens, & Poke Salad.  :old:
WildWzl

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
You must dig on them Collard Greens, & Poke Salad.  :old:
broccoli n lettuce n cabbage n greens beans n dam the list goes forever... :rolleyes:
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »
321BrowningAutomaticRifle. Till that dweeb bar came online my name was the only BAR there is. and the 321 has been a name title for me and my dad since AW. actually found out that my squaddie molsman actually knew my dad and flew against him :aok

first name in AH was "megoboom" hehe and im surprised no one else thought of that name :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 11:17:40 PM »
HiTech said the object of the game was to piss the other guy off.
What could be more annoying than being shot down by a blanket with sleeves?  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
HiTech said the object of the game was to piss the other guy off.
What could be more annoying than being shot down by a blanket with sleeves?  :D
bunnies possibly? :rofl :bolt:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy