Author Topic: 16 Spitfire Flyover - Duxford Airshow  (Read 472 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
16 Spitfire Flyover - Duxford Airshow
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:54:33 AM »
This may have been posted before but its for the Spitdweebs and Hurri drivers...it really is a beautiful plane.

Changeup

http://www.airshows.org.uk/2010/airshows/duxford-battle-of-britain-airshow-review.html
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
Re: 16 Spitfire Flyover - Duxford Airshow
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:54 AM »
I just found it the other day too. :)

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,304597.0.html

Somebody posted another nice vid in that thread as well.

Such a beautiful plane.

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:46 AM »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:31 AM »
Good share :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
thanks for posting
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
Now that's an airshow! I've been fortunate enough to have seen most of the WW2 fighters up close either at local airshows or in museums. The spitfire is by far the cream of the crop. Last summer at the American Airpower Museum on Long Island they celebrated the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britian and flew in a Spit IX owned by Tom Duffy. It had the stripes on the wings. Two things stood out. One, the spitfire is a small fighter, especially compared to the American planes. And two, it's by far the prettiest of all the WW2 planes (BF109 is second). It's like a sports car with wings. It makes you wonder what the American engineers were thinking when they were designing and building these mammoth fighters like the P-47, Corsairs, Wildcats, etc.? Not until the P-51D late in the war did we have anything that looked like a fighter plane. 

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
Now that's an airshow! I've been fortunate enough to have seen most of the WW2 fighters up close either at local airshows or in museums. The spitfire is by far the cream of the crop. Last summer at the American Airpower Museum on Long Island they celebrated the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britian and flew in a Spit IX owned by Tom Duffy. It had the stripes on the wings. Two things stood out. One, the spitfire is a small fighter, especially compared to the American planes. And two, it's by far the prettiest of all the WW2 planes (BF109 is second). It's like a sports car with wings. It makes you wonder what the American engineers were thinking when they were designing and building these mammoth fighters like the P-47, Corsairs, Wildcats, etc.? Not until the P-51D late in the war did we have anything that looked like a fighter plane. 

Sexy Plane award goes to the P-63. Also, the P-47, Corsair, and Hellcat all had the same massive engine. We were being efficient and able to take damage.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »
 :aok
great find
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
^^ Great find x2 here, anyone in this thread who hasn't watched the OP video should go do it right now.  Outstanding video quality and the in-cockpit stuff was phenomenal.