Author Topic: Jeeps with AC fuel  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
Re: Jeeps with AC fuel
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »
while im on a roll, screw vehicle sups, Tracked? add a recovery vehicle such as a bergpanther ( due to it being able to tow all of the in game vehicles)

need fuel?

ammo?

and please for give me for only suggesting german vehicles, I am just posting things that I know
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 01:12:19 AM »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
Actually you know what.  The more of think of this the more I think it is a fabulous idea.  Imagine running out of fuel and being able to land somewhere.  Have a squaddie drive you a jeep with some fuel fill her up and then take off again on the uneasy terrain and make it back to base.  It would get especially interesting if this was all attempted with enemies looming or even enemy tanks around.   :lol
I do think however, that a jeep fuel reload should only reload you 25% fuel regardless of how many reloads you get.  For example, if you land at a spawn, a jeep should not be able to reload you, end sortie, spawn reload you again.  25% cap on it.

Either way I see no reason why a jeep shouldn't be able to refuel an airplane and it would add nothing but fun to the game which is a big +1 for me.  On top of that, it would not be very difficult to code.  Probably some writing involved, but pretty basic concepts to add this into the game.

+1111

While we're at it we need to add "case of Scotch" to the Jeep's load out option, maybe a case of Glenlivet that can be ferried out to a pilot or GVer stranded in the field. Once they receive their hooch, the funnystuff happens, such as wobbly head (similar to black out with PW, but not quite all the way blacked out), blurry and doubled vision, random control movements, reversed control inputs for no reason, and best of all model uncontrolled silly giggling from the pilot every time someone speaks on range or squad vox.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »
While we're at it we need to add "case of Scotch" to the Jeep's load out option, maybe a case of Glenlivet that can be ferried out to a pilot or GVer stranded in the field. Once they receive their hooch, the funnystuff happens, such as wobbly head (similar to black out with PW, but not quite all the way blacked out), blurry and doubled vision, random control movements, reversed control inputs for no reason, and best of all model uncontrolled silly giggling from the pilot every time someone speaks on range or squad vox.

I would give a +1 to that too if the alcohol got injected directly into my veins.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
I would like jeeps with two 5 gallon Aircraft fuel cans as a ord option. Can't tell ya how many times I've had to take a ditch within sight of the runway with a perfectly good air craft. It would also make some very interesting tactical possibilities.

I say let him have it.

I mean how far could you get with 10 gallons of gas anyway. What enough to start the engine, throttle up, and then have it shut down.

It would probably take a good size squad of jeeps to get a fighter a couple of hundred yards to the base to get his landing.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »
I say let him have it.

I mean how far could you get with 10 gallons of gas anyway. What enough to start the engine, throttle up, and then have it shut down.

It would probably take a good size squad of jeeps to get a fighter a couple of hundred yards to the base to get his landing.

Good point for most aircraft, but for the low performance birds 10 gallons could easily get you several miles. I.E. I-16, Zeke, Brewster.

Oh. And -1.
Dedstick

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:02 AM »
I'm willing to bet the guys voting -1 are just afraid someone will land off in the wilderness and they won't get their little kill. "but but but...he went down!" - yeah, he ran out of fuel, but he managed to find a clearing, line up and come in, get someone to work with him and fuel him up while he sits there, makes for TWO targets that can't really fight back (come on - jeep? Really?). The Jeeps are almost useless right now....give them a better role.

Is a change, gives me more targets, gives me a chance to fix an error of judgment on fuel, gives me a reason to drive the jeep

:cheers:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 05:32:25 AM »
Good point for most aircraft, but for the low performance birds 10 gallons could easily get you several miles. I.E. I-16, Zeke, Brewster.

Oh. And -1.
if you do it right, even for these birds you may be able to stretch out a sector at most. That is of course if you dont get shot down first
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:27 AM »
I believe 321, thats why he's asking for it. Not to get back to the fight but so he could go literally a hundred yards to the tarmac. for that I say
+1
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 06:20:55 AM »
I believe 321, thats why he's asking for it. Not to get back to the fight but so he could go literally a hundred yards to the tarmac. for that I say
+1
the exact reason i posted :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »
My apologies, I took your reply to say '-1 because I can't go very far on it  :cry'
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
The Jeeps are almost useless right now....give them a better role.

This.... is a very good point. But again, why did you run out of the fuel in the first place? I can see two reasons.

• Poor fuel management and/or planning.
  • Unanticipated fuel leak.

In the case of the former, I see no reason to go through a lot of trouble to implement something which was a direct result of poor airmanship. In the case of the latter, those ten gallons will leak out before you're airborne which makes it pointless. I can see only one case where this would be useful... Perked sortie just shy of the runway due to a fuel leak. Ten gallons gives you enough to taxi to the tarmac.  But guys, seriously, this is a rare rare case...
Dedstick

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
This.... is a very good point. But again, why did you run out of the fuel in the first place? I can see two reasons.

• Poor fuel management and/or planning.
  • Unanticipated fuel leak.

In the case of the former, I see no reason to go through a lot of trouble to implement something which was a direct result of poor airmanship. In the case of the latter, those ten gallons will leak out before you're airborne which makes it pointless. I can see only one case where this would be useful... Perked sortie just shy of the runway due to a fuel leak. Ten gallons gives you enough to taxi to the tarmac.  But guys, seriously, this is a rare rare case...

what if you planned to RTB and got jumped by the 10 20k cons that seem to be circling every fight?  what if by the time you were finally able to egress, your fuel was just shy of what u needed to land?  happens more than you think.   good idea +1
-AoM-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
Part of the challenge is to take enough fuel. If you're running out of fuel, load more before you roll. If you're still running out load a DT. If you're STILL running out -- well either you're flying for 2 hours or you're just not doing it right for most planes.

Part of the challenge of getting your name in lights IS to get back safely. Not to get back 10 feet from the field. Not to ditch in all but name, and have somebody cart some gas to you....

Let me ask you this: Would you still want this if as SOON as you loaded the gas it counted you as ditched, gave your kill to the last guy to shoot you, and computed the score then and there?

No, you would not. The ONLY reason you want this is because you're aiming for score.

P.S. I'm of the opinion most folks that screw around with light fuel -- i.e. 25% -- are taking their own individual gambles. If they gamble they can find a fight and get back before running out, it's THEIR FAULT if they lose that gamble. They shouldn't be rewarded for losing the gamble and running out of gas somewhere away from the field.

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »
To be honest I usually take 100% in an A-5, this way I have been able to survive most fuel leaks, accept those pesk double tank hits
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |