Author Topic: Can a Mod Please Log Into the Game? 9:50 am EST  (Read 6259 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Can a Mod Please Log Into the Game? 9:50 am EST
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Yep, lets make the focus on the game.  If you want to discuss politics, run for office. 

What politics has to do with a cartoon flight sim I have no idea.

If I want to listen to idiots discuss politics, I'll turn on talk radio.

there ya go makin sense again

i pay 15 to play a game if i want politics ill watch it for free

TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
Yep, lets make the focus on the game.  If you want to discuss politics, run for office. 

What politics has to do with a cartoon flight sim I have no idea.

If I want to listen to idiots discuss politics, I'll turn on talk radio.

Great Post

they just never bother to play by hitech's rules.... then want to come on here and act all "internet bully" and then tell someone to grow a pair..... can you believe that???

wtg katanso for doing the right thing

hell < i would have done the same if I was there
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »
Sorry dude, old school here. Nobody likes a snitch. :neener:

Complaining about snitches?  Thats about as grown up as talking politics on 200...just sayin

Changeup
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:55:56 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
See Rules #4, #6, #14
GET A LIFE!!  Just because someone doesnt want to listen to your babbling BS on 200 about one of YOU's R I D I C U L O U S conspiracy theories and how they got ripped off by the government doesnt mean they don't understand politics.  It can only mean one of two things (my wife is embarrassed that a couple thousand full grown men play a video game and let it consume them):

1)  They think you are a BOOR and don't want to participate in your inept, one-sided political conversation that contributes nothing to the game...when in-fact it only makes you an oxygen thief;

or (and this is my favorite onee)

2) Its against the rules...there is no ambiguity there.  They don't listen to you spoolies because...are you ready???  are you sure????  THEY DON'T HAVE TOO!!!!  

(Back Turned)
Changeup

One Last thing....if you don't like the US...and more than a couple of you politicos spew it every night....GTFO
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:46:48 AM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »
Sorry dude, old school here. Nobody likes a snitch. :neener:

:aok  :aok
Yup. Back in my day and in the town I was from. Unless someone actually murdered someone, or stole from your family or best buddy. A snitch was about the worst thing you could be and about the fastest way to become an outcast. I still dont hold a whole lot of respect for snitches. And it would have to be something extremely drastic for me to ever consider doing it.

Seems to me I remember this was the entire reason everyone tuned to channel 200 to begin with was to be able to talk about whatever you wanted and anyone that didnt want to listen to it could stay on the standard channel. It WAS the reason 200 was chosen by the players in the first place. You DONT have to be on that channel if you dont like the chat. Your not only tuned there by choice. But you had to put forth the effort to go there.

Kinda reminds me of the people that move into the mountains. Then complain about the bears.
Or to be more local to me. We have people moving in next to a drag strip like here Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ. Then complain about the sound of the racecars.

Doesnt really matter to me. I only barely pay attention to whats going on in the text buffer anyway. And only occasionally have much to say there let alone talk politics. Its just a lot easier to not pay attention to whats being said on 200 then to give a damn about it enough to complain. I for one have better things to concern myself with.

I can empathize with reasoning of the rules regarding it. But its a lot like passing a law against jay walking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:21:38 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »

It's not a poltical discussion chat channel. Period.

See my above post.

It WAS the reason 200 was chosen
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »
See my above post.

According to who Dred?  I don't believe that for a second.

Seems fairly common sense it allows players to talk back and forth who are in different countries.  Going back to airwarrior it was that kind of channel that allowed you to talk about a fight you might have just had or to BS back and forth about the game.

No way it was ever meant to be the Rush Limbaugh channel.  Why would you want to bring the real world BS into a cartoon game.  There have to be plenty of places to talk politics besides a flight sim.  If you are that worried about the real world politics then go get involved instead of wasting time escaping into a cartoon pilot world.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »
According to who Dred?  I don't believe that for a second.

Seems fairly common sense it allows players to talk back and forth who are in different countries.  Going back to airwarrior it was that kind of channel that allowed you to talk about a fight you might have just had or to BS back and forth about the game.

No way it was ever meant to be the Rush Limbaugh channel.  Why would you want to bring the real world BS into a cartoon game.  There have to be plenty of places to talk politics besides a flight sim.

started back in 2004
And it all started because of the exact same thing that was going on on Channel 1.
200 was eventually agreed upon by the players as an alternative channel
Here's the thread

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,118207.0.html

I have mixed feelings about ch 1.  Being able to disable it is certainly ideal for special events, especially scenarios.  Otherwise, though, I do enjoy being able to chat to all countries, and have long-since learnt to ignore most of the rubbish.

I suppose the other alternative would be to tune to a 200+ channel, presuming they are still all-country channels.  Also, if there was somewhere like the AW Officer Clubs where all three countries could meet up and chat without any radio channels.... I do miss entering the game that way in AW, and often used to hang around as people came and went.  Pah, getting all nostalgic now.  :)

and

Btw there is nothing to prevent everone from choosing a cross country channel.

Big diffence to the idea is that everyone has to choose going  into it, wrather than decide to not use it.

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:32:18 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
See my above post.

300 is the political chat channel

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »
Not a single reference to it being open season on politics in that entire thread beyond Slapshot saying 203 could be for politics.

200 was to be the same as 1 with the expectations the same, but it allows for peaple to choose not to tune instead of it not being an option with channel 1 is all I take from it.

So if you guys want to talk politics then tune 203 and leave 200 for what it is.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Dred none of those quoted post state that 200 was chosen for political discussions.

I have read posts by hitech that stated that even the 200 channels are public channels which make them subject to whatever rules HTC decides is appropriate.

I personally enjoy having 200 tuned right up until the political discussions start. However detuning 200 is not an answer I am willing to discuss and many times the squelch list is filled before I get all the offenders listed.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
I'm still waiting for the day that people understand ONE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SQUELCH TEN PEOPLE
TO ENJOY THE GAME.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 05:46:24 PM »
Mods.  :noid

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
Dred none of those quoted post state that 200 was chosen for political discussions.

I have read posts by hitech that stated that even the 200 channels are public channels which make them subject to whatever rules HTC decides is appropriate.

I personally enjoy having 200 tuned right up until the political discussions start. However detuning 200 is not an answer I am willing to discuss and many times the squelch list is filled before I get all the offenders listed.

Specifically,Your right. Political discussion is not mentioned specifically. But neither was alot of things. So your kinda splitting straws here.
 It was kinda all encompassing. 2004 being an election year. And this place being as it was. And considering the polarization of the time. You can bet with pretty much absolute certainty that political trash talking was a part of it.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
And to be clear. HT can institute whatever rules he wants. Be hard pressed to find very many instances of me violating them.

Im just pointing out that the entire reason why 200 is used to begin with.
Though my feeling is. If people dont like the discussion on 200 no matter what the subject. Then tune back to 1

People have to choose to be on 200. Its not the standard channel.
Again its like moving next to a race track. Then complaining about the sounds of the cars.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty