Author Topic: Sick Puppies in MidWar  (Read 15123 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Sick Puppies in MidWar
« Reply #285 on: February 10, 2011, 01:37:18 AM »
Is that why he was at a Buff base?    :eek:

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:53 AM »
I think Tyrannis learned an important lesson tonight.  A fighter using proper tactics to intercept, engage and shoot down bombers has a marked advantage against the bomber pilot in this game.

ack-ack
true, you shot down all my bombers, but i was able to get some solid hits on you.

you beat me tonight. i admit it. but ive learned alot about your tactic now. you like to stay high, wait till your under the sun, then roll over and make a screaming pass out of the sun to block most the gunners aim.

then after your pass, you extend 1.5k-2.0k infront of the buffs, raise your alt a little, pull back, and repeat the same process.

so sure, you might not think of me getting hits on you as anything important "hah, i shot tyrannis down, i win" but me getting hits on you shows that your method of attack isent untouchable, and its merely my ability to see you that allowed you to shoot me down, not that my gunnery was bad.

which makes me wonder what would happen if i caught you out during nighttime.

but anyways, you won for tonight. congrats. im very much looking forward to tomarrow tho.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2011, 02:15:39 AM »
Good grief akak that is NOT how you do that! Say at isnt so!  :huh
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Good grief akak that is NOT how you do that! Say at isnt so!  :huh

No, it's the angle he took screenshot from.  This is the film of that intercept.

1st intercept

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2011, 04:11:05 AM »

Somebody please turn the heat down on that hot plate.  I don't think he can take it much more!  Have pitty...but that chicken can sure dance!

Muttman
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:14:47 AM by elc7367b »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2011, 04:16:47 AM »
Akak thats what Im talking about. Tyrannis is just not a good shot. Thats a horrendous angle to attack someone with competent gunnery. Just saying.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2011, 06:40:27 AM »
true, you shot down all my bombers, but i was able to get some solid hits on you.
(Image removed from quote.)

you beat me tonight. i admit it. but ive learned alot about your tactic now. you like to stay high, wait till your under the sun, then roll over and make a screaming pass out of the sun to block most the gunners aim.

then after your pass, you extend 1.5k-2.0k infront of the buffs, raise your alt a little, pull back, and repeat the same process.

so sure, you might not think of me getting hits on you as anything important "hah, i shot tyrannis down, i win" but me getting hits on you shows that your method of attack isent untouchable, and its merely my ability to see you that allowed you to shoot me down, not that my gunnery was bad.

which makes me wonder what would happen if i caught you out during nighttime.

but anyways, you won for tonight. congrats. im very much looking forward to tomarrow tho.
Wow with the potential of 8 .50s vs 4 .50s and 20mm you hit AkAk twice. 

Tyranus...

Next time I'm on and you're on, I'll PM ya.   Maybe you'll fight me...A20 vs B25?  SBD vs P39?  51 vs 17s?

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
boy....looks like the smack was laid out last night.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2011, 11:14:57 AM »
It reminds me of the Larry Homes V. Randall Tex Cobb fight when I was a kid....  Homes destroys Cobb and what does Cobb say a later post beating interview?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5GjyFRqQo&feature=related

He said, "'If it went another 15 Rounds ...I would have kicked his (Butt)."    :huh

As a side bar, Howard Cosell said this brutal, one sided fight made him never want to cover another boxing match. 

I, personally, don't wish to see a repeat beatdown either.

So.... Ty  please read the following and good luck in your recovery

Home : Delusional disorder Check your symptoms Find a doctor Explore treatments

The grandiose subtype of delusional disorder involves the conviction of one's importance and uniqueness, and takes a variety of forms: believing that one has a distinguished role, has some remarkable connections with important persons, or enjoys some extraordinary powers or abilities.

Read more: http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/delusional-disorder/2#ixzz1DZmNygma
Healthline.com - Connect to Better Health

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »

if you dont like what i say, dont read it. thats what a smart person would do.

now run along. its getting late. shouldnt you be in bed by now?

Just had to put the one with HIM in it!

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2011, 12:30:25 PM »
It reminds me of the Larry Homes V. Randall Tex Cobb fight when I was a kid....  Homes destroys Cobb and what does Cobb say a later post beating interview?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5GjyFRqQo&feature=related

He said, "'If it went another 15 Rounds ...I would have kicked his (Butt)."    :huh

As a side bar, Howard Cosell said this brutal, one sided fight made him never want to cover another boxing match. 

I, personally, don't wish to see a repeat beatdown either.

So.... Ty  please read the following and good luck in your recovery

:rofl im not shaken at all. im very much looking forward tonight.
i fought more the sun last night than i did him. he won the first night, doesnt mean im out of it just yet.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
Wow, this thread is one huge bit of awesome.

Using proper tactics, like attacking out of the sun, wasn't supposed to be used?  Really?

Being a public thread in a public forum, everyone has a right to post any comment they want, within the forum posting rules.  So, crying about people posting "in an argument that has nothing to do with them" is childish.  And talk about a major hijack of the OP...

Tyrannis, just give up now...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2011, 01:33:02 PM »
Tyrannis...I gotta admit i'm impressed......The Black Knight lives on in you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
I think this thread is awesome! :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2011, 01:54:24 PM »
Wow, this thread is one huge bit of awesome.

Using proper tactics, like attacking out of the sun, wasn't supposed to be used?  Really?

Being a public thread in a public forum, everyone has a right to post any comment they want, within the forum posting rules.  So, crying about people posting "in an argument that has nothing to do with them" is childish.  And talk about a major hijack of the OP...

Tyrannis, just give up now...

Just to bring it back, my experience w the SP in MW is that they are a fairly talented bunch, that liked to BnZ, vulch and use ack defensively~ nothing wrong with any of that~ just another valid tactic to kill the enemy and stay alive.

Being more of a land grabber type, it's the cost of doing business when you are trying to roll a base or defend one. I contributed multiple lives to Chalange and his buddies upping from a deacked capped base but I did manage to thin out a colleague or two with a Hoicane or manned ack til they wandered off. There will always be guys that have to have a 5-10k advantage or they run~ big deal

I'm always glad to see someone else using P-47s the way god intended and yes, they are fantastic for shredding buffs too even without an alt advantage.

I like all the talent we can get in MW~ it's all about numbers anyway. The side with the most and best organized bodies will roll the most bases~ and the peeps in bombers, m3/goons will always be easy prey when unprotected.

There have been some great fights in MW, and I've always preferred it to LW with all the astronaut jets/ rockets and uber everything everywhere from sea level to 30k, too anonymous.

There are good players on every side in MW and it's great community for messing around even when the sides get hyper lopsided depending on the what time of day it is. There is always AvA for those who just want to furball and turnfight and I really enjoy the historical plane sets w no icons.  <<S>> To each his own and there are lots of events and venues for historical accuracy, just don't expect it in the MAs and don't expect people to give away advantage easily and you won't be disappointed.