Author Topic: Drop troops get killed and  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Drop troops get killed and
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:24 PM »
Sitting in the tower I get maproom destroyed. However I received no credit for the capture. Should I have upped another goon or does that make the troops running disappear?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Drop troops get killed and
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:04:44 PM »
i had the same thing happen to me. Oh well all that really matters is they lost their base  :devil
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
This was changed some time back. I think it only counts as a squad capture & yes the troops would disappear the moment you re-upped same for ORD as well.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
This was changed some time back. I think it only counts as a squad capture & yes the troops would disappear the moment you re-upped same for ORD as well.

Well at least I did the right thing and stayed in the tower.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »
Had a issue tonight where a town was in question on auto acks & no one about to help so I kicked them out about 50 yards from map room & they dissapeared the moment they left vehicle. So I towered thinking a town ack was up & a second later while in tower I got the capture notice?

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:21 AM »
It depends on how you died actually.  This was added sometime last year or the year before I believe, before 2.19 (as far back as the front page goes).  If you bail out, your troops / supps / bombs will disappear.  If you are killed, they will go on.......  It whatever manner they go.   :uhoh
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
Yea, i think that needs to be fixed. If you actually hit the object, even if you get shot, You still hit the target. You should get the credit. This goes for troops too.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
Yea, i think that needs to be fixed. If you actually hit the object, even if you get shot, You still hit the target. You should get the credit. This goes for troops too.
They purposly did this due to the fact some time back if a CV was in PT range, guys would spawn 2 milliion times, let torps go. If this plays into the same coding as far as dropping troops/ords I dunno
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline GearJrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »
They purposly did this due to the fact some time back if a CV was in PT range, guys would spawn 2 milliion times, let torps go. If this plays into the same coding as far as dropping troops/ords I dunno

I thought it was because guys were deacking v-bases then flying c47s high overhead (15k+), dropping troops and then bailing.  In the time that it took for the troops to float down, the alert would stop, the defenders, if any, would get bored.  Then the troops would land and they'd run in and take the base.
Gear
Claim Jumpers

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:00:14 PM »
I thought it was because guys were deacking v-bases then flying c47s high overhead (15k+), dropping troops and then bailing.  In the time that it took for the troops to float down, the alert would stop, the defenders, if any, would get bored.  Then the troops would land and they'd run in and take the base.

It was the "spamming" issue as well as, IIRC, a scoring issue.

Besides spamming torps and troops, you could game the score by dropping troops in one mode, towering, taking off in another mode, and getting credit for the capture in your current mode.

That is how you could get a capture in Attack mode.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »

It increased your Squads score as well. Not many get captures in that area.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 04:35:49 AM »
What sucks is that when you kill a CV with a PT boat, you don't ever get any points for it.  If that's not bad enough, you can't land a pt boat ANYWHERE.  A squaddie drove one for 45 minutes into friendly territory, parked at a port with no enemies within 25 miles...  He got a ditch.  WTF is up with that?  That's why PT's are looked at as field guns rather than vehicles.  That's one thing that really does need to change.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »
What sucks is that when you kill a CV with a PT boat, you don't ever get any points for it.  If that's not bad enough, you can't land a pt boat ANYWHERE.  A squaddie drove one for 45 minutes into friendly territory, parked at a port with no enemies within 25 miles...  He got a ditch.  WTF is up with that?  That's why PT's are looked at as field guns rather than vehicles.  That's one thing that really does need to change.

Someone told me you have to beach it.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 09:07:14 AM »
ive landed ptboat before. it was a long time ago, might have changed.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
ive landed ptboat before. it was a long time ago, might have changed.

I think I've done it once also.

Problem is PT boats don't follow the "regular" gv landing rules.

You can up at a PT spawn on the empty side of the map and immediately tower and you still ditch.

The only two ways I know of to land a PT is in the docks at a port or in the middle of a cv group.

This means if you up a PT from an airfield, there is no way to land.

RE:
Someone told me you have to beach it.

Maybe you need to land on concrete.   :rofl

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay