Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Is this normal?
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:13:05 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up

No it's not normal and drug use has blown off proportions. There needs to be more strict laws, every addict of hard narcotics should be subjected to a forced rehab cold turkey on first use violation. After first conviction mandatory drug testing every 3 months and cold turkey rehab for each new violation. Pot users etc. wouldn't suffer from rehab so they should just be imprisoned for the duration in separation naturally, not to get drugs from prison population.

One year program and drug use is guaranteed to reduce to a fraction.

Drugs have destroyed our communities. A few decades back you could walk the streets without worry. You could send your kids to travel by bus. Now the buses are full of alcoholics or junkies and the streets of any major city are a drug related robbery waiting to happen.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline RichardDickBong

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your schools trouble. I myself never used any hard drugs in high school but there were a ton of kids who were using cheese aka black tar heroin made to snort. I can't remember for sure but we had somewhere in the area of 15-30 kids OD and die in just a two year span. This was in Plano, Texas and it was all over the news and everything. It hit me really hard when one of my best friends who had gotten his girl friend pregnant overdosed and died. His child was due in about three weeks. I know that it's hard and tough to talk about, but If drugs are the reason Someone needs to step in and try to make sure that it doesn't happen anymore. The cops and authorities need to let the word out, stop whoever is getting you kids the drug, or whatever it takes.. If you know that it was drugs you should tell all of your friends about it. Let them know that this type of drug can and will kill you, Let them know that there are bad drugs going around and they can and will kill you. I hope and pray that none of the other kids have this problem and I'm sorry for your loss.  :salute :pray
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:34:59 PM by RichardDickBong »

~Dick Bong~
    20th FG
"Loco Busters"

Offline RichardDickBong

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
 :pray

~Dick Bong~
    20th FG
"Loco Busters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your schools trouble. I myself never used any hard drugs in high school but there were a ton of kids who were using cheese aka black tar heroin made to snort. I can't remember for sure but we had somewhere in the area of 15-30 kids OD and die in just a two year span. This was in Plano, Texas and it was all over the news and everything. It hit me really hard when one of my best friends who had gotten his girl friends pregnant overdosed and died. His child was due in about three weeks. I know that it's hard and tough to talk about, but If drugs are the reason Someone needs to step in and try to make sure that it doesn't happen anymore. The cops and authorities need to let the word out, stop whoever is getting you kids the drug, or whatever it takes.. If you know that it was drugs you should tell all of your friends about it. Let them know that this type of drug can and will kill you, Let them know that there are bad drugs going around and they can and will kill you. I hope and pray that none of the other kids have this problem and I'm sorry for your loss.  :salute :pray
Im just sick of the BS this is the first drug related death at this school, I already heard that the school might send letters home to get consent from there parents to get a drug test, and if positive they will be dealt with in some way I don't know :uhoh
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:25 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your friends  :salute but it is normal for highschool to be BS,  no year will be perfect,  and of course bad things will happen, but when its all over you find that you would not trade the experience or the lessons you learnt for anything in the world, because even good things can be taken from bad things  :salute good luck with hs man
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss

NO, that is not normal and sounds like nobody in your town is stepping up to stop this.  Go to the state or federal for help. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
Lost three close friends in a two week span my Junior year.  

I wouldn't say your situation is 'normal' more along the lines of a statistical anomaly.

:pray

You hang in there sir.  We need more young men like you around.  
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss

NO, that is not normal and sounds like nobody in your town is stepping up to stop this.  Go to the state or federal for help. 
Sadly it's a private school so there not affected by state school laws...the school may a officer in the school goof around with a dog to find this chit
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
We haven't had a single kid die in all my years at school (A 5th grader died when I was in 1st grade, that's all). that being said, drugs and alcohol are serious problems and need to be dealt with swiftly. I have two friends from other school systems die from pot (I didn't even know they were on it) they drove and went down a narrow pike. Crashed into a tree at 50mph. Honestly, it isn't normal, but it is gaining speed real fast.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:02:50 PM »
I go to public school and for me I hear stories about kids being high and drunk a lot, almost everyday. I myself have never done any drugs and never drunk, but I do have some friends that do. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much and no one that I know of has died or been seriously injured, but that is not far from happening. Drugs are a problem in the school system and I don't think they care that much.

Kids smoke pot in the bathrooms everyday, the next day all the bathrooms are locked. So the junkies move to the locker room, smells like weed everyday. I'm sure there is something else that my school can do about this, but they don't really care.
Strokes

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
Not going to get into all of this but yes.......................... ...........

I went to highschool with 3500 kids.....................   Freshman year we had 1000, we graduated with 479.    4 kids in my class died, 1 natural causes, 1 suicide, 1 stupidity, 1 murder.  If you add the other grades, I knew 12 kids who died before they graduated.

It's called life, get used to it.  Sad, but true..... Like a Metallica song.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
Thats pretty messed up that you've had 8 kids die in the past 2 years, I'm sorry to hear about that, but you said that this latest death was the only one that was drug related, can I ask what was the reasons for the other deaths, was it something like drunk driving, or just car accidents or something?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:11:59 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:18:08 PM »
Thats pretty messed up that you've had 8 kids die in the past 2 years, I'm sorry to hear about that, but you said that this latest death was the only one that was drug related, can I ask what was the reasons for the other deaths, was it something like drunk driving, or just car accidents or something?
2car accident, 2 my best friends shot, 3 suicide, 1 drug OD :(
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
2car accident, 2 my best friends shot, 3 suicide, 1 drug OD :(
Damn man, sorry to hear about that, I'd have to say that's definitely an unusual number of deaths especially since only one of the 8 was drug related, and it being a fairly small town & school.  It sounds like your school has faced it's fair share of heartbreak these last 2 years, I hope things get better for you & your school. :pray
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson