Author Topic: Are you a "timid" flyer?  (Read 8019 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Are you a "timid" flyer?
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »
It seems that a few pilots like to do that in the MW to get their names on the main page.

ack-ack
Your just mad because you lack the skill to even take a #1 rank
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2011, 11:26:15 AM »
Evidently since you play at such late hours, in relation to euro times, you may not have seen a few pilots in the air.  I do believe that the measuring stick of fighter prowess may be the dueling ladder, or maybe even KOTH.  One of these few guys has won the TOC twice.  

Now, as far as E fighting, maintaining the edge et al.... I have never seen your 38 under 20K, IIRC.  

So, nice try kiddo.  Go back to your hole and comb your dolls hair for a bit, this was a grown up conversation about perspective.  If you feel someones idea of playing the game (sim/score/etc...) contradicts your own personal perspective, you are no more than an arrogant self absorbed clown.  I appreciate someone who has the discipline to fight from the advantage.  I appreciate someone who when fighting four at once, can drop all four and still RTB with no damage.  There are a few guys who can do this.  Sadly, you are not one of them.  (nor am I for that matter, but I do aspire).  

You might want to pick a bit easier of a target than the few if you want to allude to timidity, for the bulk of the few are excellent at fighting, and not remotely as pompus as you.  

Bottom line:  Yet another akak fail.  Hey, if I did not have your responses to read, what would I have.  Farewell.   :salute

Owned.... :banana:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
Owned.... :banana:
Yeah...lol I thought that was pretty darned good. Accurate as hell too.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
I fly the F4U-1D.

Everything I can't outrun, I can outturn, and I fly accordingly. If it's a pony that's trying to BnZ me, I'll keep turning inside of him until I can get him to start turning with me. If I have a zeke on my 6, I'll dive and his controls will lock up, I'll do a loop and be on his six.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »
Yeah...lol I thought that was pretty darned good. Accurate as hell too.
I liked the "climb in your hole and comb your dolls"  :rofl :rofl :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »

It definitely think it takes a certain degree of skill to top the fighter rankings - you're going to have to have to have better than average aim and pretty good SA, for example.  That said, I have no doubt, having flown against AKAK for countless years going all the way back to Air Warrior, that he has more than enough "skill" to rank highly if he wants.

Ranking highly requires wanting to rank highly, which means that you 1) fly Fighter sorties in highly survivable and lethal planes, and 2) score any potentially risky flights as Attack.  Maybe AKAK doesn't care about rank enough to bother with such things.  Maybe he just likes flying P-38s all the time, and this hinders his overall survivability.  Presuming a lack of skill shows that you're confused about what really goes into achieving a high fighter score.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

Unlike you, I've never played for rank or score.  I just find the whole thing silly having to fly a certain amount of flights under one category and then fly the rest under another category so as not to "ruin" my other rankings.  Kind of tedious but if you look back in the MW arena when I did play in there regularly, you'll see guys like N7, tbarone, VonHoltz, Shuffler and myself hitting the #1 and #2 spot without having to resort to manipulating the scoring system.

Enjoy.

ack-ack

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:08:24 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:03 PM »
You girls are funny! AKAK tells it like it is, no BS, no suger coating it, just strait up as he sees it. Evidently he hit a nerve for all ov
F you ladies to jump him.

As for the OP any one that won't engage in A2A combat, for what ever reason, be that scared, skilless,cautious, waiting for easier targets, or playing for score is a timid flyer.  After all it's an A2A combat game for the most part and nobody really dies.

Dirtdart, by avoiding the fight you said you would lose against the F4U you have taken away an opportunity to get better in that type of fight. You said you aspire to be able to take on 4 and come out alive (oh and I have seen AKAK do this many times, most often under 10k with me filling any and all of the different kills at one time or another). How can you hope to get better if you don't try it?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »
Unlike you, I've never played for rank or score.  I just find the whole thing silly having to fly a certain amount of flights under one category and then fly the rest under another category so as not to "ruin" my other rankings.  Kind of tedious but if you look back in the MW arena when I did play in there regularly, you'll see guys like N7, Shuffler and myself hitting the #1 and #2 spot without having to resort to manipulating the scoring system.

Enjoy.

ack-ack

Explain how I manipulated the score
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:13:37 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »
Hi Levi, you're going to have to have to have to run that by me again :D
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »
Explain how I manipulateded the score

Spell check.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
Ranking highly requires wanting to rank highly, which means that you 1) fly Fighter sorties in highly survivable and lethal planes, and 2) score any potentially risky flights as Attack.  

Not necessarily.  I've inadvertently scored #1 in fighter multiple times when I was flying hundreds of mostly k4 sorties in fighter.  I've seen JoeyTony, Drbone, and lazer do it also.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
the k4 is a lethal and highly survivable plane, surely
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
Unlike you, I've never played for rank or score.  I just find the whole thing silly having to fly a certain amount of flights under one category and then fly the rest under another category so as not to "ruin" my other rankings.  Kind of tedious but if you look back in the MW arena when I did play in there regularly, you'll see guys like N7, Shuffler and myself hitting the #1 and #2 spot without having to resort to manipulating the scoring system.

Enjoy.

ack-ack

Well, I have never, ever played for score. Just check my ingame name of crusader and you will see.  Frankly I don't have the time or the energy to "work" the system, and it does not fulfill me.  There are some guys who no kidding like the challenge of playing the game by it's rule to achieve a certain ranking.  Why hate on them, again, you have exposed yourself as a tempermental bully.  "Your not flying the way I think you should fly because you ran 25% of your missions in fighter mode so you would not drop your score...I am taking my ball and going home".  Arrogance.

Take Pacerr for example, he enjoyed the challenge of playing for score, and yet for some reason folks just despise the guy.  I personally know him and think highly of the guy.  It is just his world view of the game is separate from others. The same could be said for xxxxxx, who openly says...yep I will HO you.  That is in stark contrast with what I believe personally, but I am not going to call him out in a thread.  

So in the future if you want to attack a squad/person do so with a bit more substance than personal generalizations.  That is unless substance is beyond your means.  

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:29:42 PM by dirtdart »
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum