Author Topic: Are you a "timid" flyer?  (Read 8006 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Are you a "timid" flyer?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
99% of the time "timid" means someone in a slow, maneuverable aircraft is mad that someone in a fast, not-so-maneuverable aircraft won't slow down and turnfight him.

If you can't stand it when you can't force a fight, then fly one of the fast, not-so-maneuverable aircraft.  No one ever turns down a 1vs1 against a 190D-9 or P-47N.

I wouldn't say that, but I do believe the 10v1 against the N is prefered  ;)

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
I have found, dammit I can't find my pie chart, sorry... that the JUG N is usually only ganged 7 to 1.  the 190 on the other hand a trifle 5.  Please keep the exaggeration to a minimum.   :)

--Crusader
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »
Wow.  I would say timid is not using a name.  I would say timid is then, meeting said alleged person in the DA.  Then if successful, thump chest.
:aok back your words up ask to 1v1 if you win you got rights, you lose sit down shut up
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 01:48:12 PM »
Love the new bottom thingy you have going on JO.... your not timid are ya  :rock

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 01:48:52 PM »
I have to say I think I am timid. When you only avg 4 kills an hour that seems to tell the story. But I tell you this I got into a battle with an f4f that had alt. It was touch and go for a while and finally I got him into my front windscreen. About that time wham, one of 20 bish came to the rescue. I'm not complaining but it does make you shy. Like AkAk, I was fighting a ki84 vs my f6f. I have the vid. The Ki84 came into the fight doing over 400 mph. We get into a tussle. I finally get the edge and ping his fuel before he goes into a stick stir routine. Then I catch a glimpse of an a8 coming into the fight. I duck, the a8 and he augers. Then a ki61 b&z's me and the Ki84 joins in. I somehow survive but wow! Did that get intense.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
Love the new bottom thingy you have going on JO.... your not timid are ya  :rock

I've been quoted............On this day in history............. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
Worst part is, I've seen him get "best fighter" fairly often.  So in one stroke that designation is now totally worthless to me.

It should have never been worthwhile to you in the first place.  It's pretty easy to game fighter rank, particularly if you're flying a Tempest.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
Only time I run is if Im being ganged, I'll attempt to 1v1 u all but not all at once!, and get back if you got kills like in a low used MA bird then ya it's good to play timid fun to have name kit up in lights in a c47 landing :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
I've been quoted............On this day in history............. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hehe I like it! Sig worthy material!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
It should have never been worthwhile to you in the first place.  It's pretty easy to game fighter rank, particularly if you're flying a Tempest.

Well.... I would recommend the following steps:

Insert game ID, then check kills by airframe.  Then you you find a fraction of their kills are in a tempest, retract statement.

Anyway..poor form.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »
I wouldn't say that, but I do believe the 10v1 against the N is prefered  ;)

JUGgler

Yeah buddy, I went in on you thinking easy p47 kill! Ugh, I got owned, second time that day by a p47n. Curse your name! However, I have picked up a few pointers since then. Not that it makes me on par.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:03:09 PM by Getback »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Well.... I would recommend the following steps:

Insert game ID, then check kills by airframe.  Then you you find a fraction of their kills are in a tempest, retract statement.

Anyway..poor form.

Why would I want to do that?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 02:40:04 PM »

Not rarely you find also only a fraction of their kills had been made in fighter mode too ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »
Not rarely you find also only a fraction of their kills had been made in fighter mode too ;)

Hombre Caracol.....  wow.  Ya went there lol.   :x

Oh well.  to each his own.  the comment was as to the fortitude/skill of a certain pilot.  I felt it was a bit inappropriate tis all.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
check the stats on SLIMpkns.  Think Ive only got about 8 hours this tour.  Been bz leveling up another Jedi in SWG :)

Both EW and MW have become base running arenas more than anything else. A few people that claim to be in the arenas just for fights are really there to kill lemmings. Its really that simple. We went in to MW and stopped the base running in prime time and so the base running continues during school hours and the wee hours of the morning.

You dont seem to be willing to stop the base grabs. I think we have something around 25 captures which were primarily to irritate the enemy into a fight. Two other squads in there have over 100 captures and I know you are well aware which two squads they are.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.