Author Topic: Well, there's B-29 on the front page...  (Read 6242 times)

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
Re: Well, there's B-29 on the front page...
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »
You should have asked for the Tu-4...no one would have been the wiser!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »

<- Waiting for the comments like "that proves this game has went downhill" (Image removed from quote.)

We'll have to see how it plays out. If it is lightly perked, or not perked at all I see it becoming the next best dive bombing platform out there. If that happens, ya I'd have to say the game is going down hill.

On the other hand if it's perked well and is only used by the buff squads it won't be a big game changer.

Only time will tell.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
We'll have to see how it plays out. If it is lightly perked, or not perked at all I see it becoming the next best dive bombing platform out there. If that happens, ya I'd have to say the game is going down hill.

it has already been officially stated that it will be perked.

And by looking at the price of Arado, Mossie 16 and most prominently the Lancaster in early war (which has similar capabilities there compared to the 29 in LW), it doubt it will be a light perk only.
But of course, no matter the price there will be a massive hail of bombs raining down in the first tour. A lot of player have saved up a lot of buff perks. Things may take longer to settle down than usual.

But in the long run, most CV's won't be sunk by 29's, and you won't see them often carpet bombing a GV spawn.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:08:05 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
Most of my LANC kills happen when they attempt that foolishness.  I love it :)

I could point to 30 different events over the years that have taken the game "downhill" yet I am enjoying the game as much, if not more, today than ever.  Who cares lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2011, 09:07:39 PM »
A lot of player have saved up a lot of buff perks. Things may take longer to settle down than usual.
Your analysis is always spot on in my analysis....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
First off the plane looks great HTC. Good job.

Looks like I will be flying the Ta-152 a little more..... :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »
2 weeks

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
"2 weeks" doesn't seem so unrealistic and sarcastic as it once did...
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
 :rock
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »
Unfortunately, without a strategic system worth bombing the B29s sole target will be hangers at airfields.

Add that to the fact the perk cost will put them above 25k routinely and you might as well have Skuzzy logging in and disabling fields, because neither one is going to add to the game anyway.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »
The B-29 will not be able to drop fields any faster than any other unperked bomber we have now.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
I know it carries 80 - I was just stating I counted 43  :neener:

Sorry MarineUS. I was not targeting you just making a observation and posting it.  :salute
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
Unfortunately, without a strategic system worth bombing the B29s sole target will be hangers at airfields.

Add that to the fact the perk cost will put them above 25k routinely and you might as well have Skuzzy logging in and disabling fields, because neither one is going to add to the game anyway.

One main target will be the same it now is: Towns. Particular town centers, in the quest for highest landed points :)

Also, climbing to 25K and above will reduce efficiency in a strict sense. You are relatively safe up there, but it takes a lot of time to get there, and you still can't shut down a field on your own in one pass. Of course a few guys can wing up, but that again creates a nice darbar. A single guy can loiter at 25k, he will be a prime target for interceptors during that time. A 109K-4 takes only 7 minutes from sea level to 25K, 9 minutes to 30k.

IMHO, heavy fighter raids are a much bigger threat in this game. A mid size mission in ponies can quickly climb to 15k, dart to an enemy field and shut it down in a few moments. It's almost impossible to intercept them effectively in time.  Unlike the buffs they can then take care of any defenders that got up in time.

A completely different thing that comes to my mind: What impact the rain of bombs & explosions might have on lag & framerates. I think of the huge TT missions. 10 pilots in formation with 40x500 lbs bombs loadout... That's 1200 bombs and explosions  :uhoh
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:00:32 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
Screw the B-29, give us our private servers!!! :pray
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
As long as the historically accurate 526 ft/min maximum climb rate is modeled precisely, I could care less. 38 minutes to 20K....LMAO.

I foresee a lot of AFK B29 kills in my future....
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce