Author Topic: new disconect sistem  (Read 3653 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: new disconect sistem
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
We already have a prediction system in game.  There is a reason airplanes warp when their connection is bad.  The server loses comms with disco'd client, and the client keep's their path where it was in the game, then when their connection becomes live again warps em to the updated location given by the server (often this is only one or two packets lost, so it happens very quickly over shorter distances).

In theory (grossly over-simplified), in the event of a disco, the server would maintain the plane's current track like usual (vectoring it level, and keeping it at a constant speed), and when the client re-connects, it can ask "is [username] vehicle active" server replies yes/no "if yes, altitude, heading, speed, etc" server replies and client picks up where it left off.  This isn't monumental stuff here, many games do similar things.

So long story short, the same amount of data is being sent to the client(s).  The only thing that happens on disco would be the sending client would drop, and that plane would fly until it hits something or gets shot.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 05:24:57 AM »
the 'I can't be coaded' argument is only available to people that actually coad aces high. We are still waiting for a possible exploit scenario, I don't see any for now.

Such a system would make cartoon life so much better!
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 08:13:20 AM »
Seems a great idea to me.  The system does this already and supports a disco of up to 30 seconds (if I recall correctly it was extended to that to fix another problem).  There may be a reason not to extend it further, but I haven't seen it posted in this thread.

The argument against implementation based on tracking is lost on me.  The system tracks you if you remain in game anyway, so it won't increase the server load outrageously just because it isn't successfully updating the position from your FE.  If you are having short term discos, the game realigns the position on the server with the updated position sent from the remote machine and currently it gives it priority.  You see this update as a "warp".  What is being called for, as I understand it, is that for a time between 30 secs and 120 seconds this priority is reversed and the remote machine is updated by the server.  The now un-commanded plane would not warp - just the pilot.

It would be the equivalent of sending your own plane a "join" message and a similar experience for the end user.

The SEA server isn't up to the standard of the MA servers and seems to carry a disco rate of about 10% in events.  Discos mar a number of special events, especially the type where you are required to fly for about 2 hours to complete a mission.

Perhaps, if coded, there could be an arena setting that allows a "rejoin if discoed" time that can be set by a CM.   Incorporated that way it could be added to or removed from any arena according to desirability.  It's worth at least a discussion over coffee and cold pizza on a Friday morning at AH HQ.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 08:36:20 AM »
hello dantoo

hope your discussion will have a nice answer :-).

its one of my wishes to visite HTC some day :-)

cu chris3

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »
Sounds like a great idea Chris, this would also help to keep the honest people honest....   :aok

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline dstrip2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:52 AM »
really really want this.
lost a 4 kill sortie due to disco on the runway tonight... .ef (finger above enter) HOST CONNECTION LOST >.<  :cry
just annoying, and reading other posts it sounds like an easy fix. i actually logged for the night after it happened. i seem to disco more on TiT anyway

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
moin

hope this request does not fall into oblivion

cu chris3

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:56 PM »
It already has..............

If you take the time to read the "new" same request, HiTech said NO.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,310414.0.html

Sad but true..... Like a Metallica song.   :uhoh
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
I have had cons go poof after long chases - even a B-29 (just to deny the kill, I guess).  By having them fly level at the speed they discoed at, would eliminate the benefit of "tripping over the cable".  Hardly ever disco but have in a 163 on autoclimb.   :mad: 

This is a great idea, Chris. +1  :aok

Edit: this shouldn't apply to CV command or manable guns.  Those people could "accidentally" disappear for a very long time, causing bigger problems.

And Logan, Hitech said "no" to the OP's request in that other thread, not necessarily this one (which is completely different in scope).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:27:00 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »
Here..... let me reiterate:

Let me reiterate:

That is not pertaining to the wish in this thread.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 05:34:15 PM »
This thread is asking for a 2 minute Disco grace period.........  It is EXACTLY the same as the other thread.  If you disco, you are gone, there is no take backs.  

Think about it for a moment, if you disco and the system gives you two minutes, what happens to your plane?  You just fly level for 2 minutes?  You'll be shot down.  What if you are diving in a Jug at 600mph?  It goes into autopilot and rips your wings off?  you're dead, still.   Or what if you're NOE........  Heck I hit enough trees without it being autopilot.  :D

Things move so fast in flight that it makes this type of thing nearly impossible and impractical.  

Let me reiterate:

That is not pertaining to the wish in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:39:18 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
moin

Think about it for a moment, if you disco and the system gives you two or three minutes, what happens to your plane?  You just fly level for 2-3 minutes?  You'll still fly and on lv .  What if you are siting in a tank somewehre?  or fly a bomber some wehre?  you will be still alive.

come one you cant say it is more negative than positive, your arguments are unlogicaly.

cu chris3

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
This thread is asking for a 2 minute Disco grace period.........  It is EXACTLY the same as the other thread.  If you disco, you are gone, there is no take backs. 

Think about it for a moment, if you disco and the system gives you two minutes, what happens to your plane?  You just fly level for 2 minutes?  You'll be shot down.  What if you are diving in a Jug at 600mph?  It goes into autopilot and rips your wings off?  you're dead, still.   Or what if you're NOE........  Heck I hit enough trees without it being autopilot.  :D

Things move so fast in flight that it makes this type of thing nearly impossible and impractical. 

Let's see what Hitech says.  If he implements this idea, you have to let me vulch you.  If he stays the course, I will vulch you.   :D

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »
What if you are NOE?

What if you are in a steep dive when you disco?

What if you are throttled down?

What if your plane has damage and only manual flight is possible?

The gv side of things I can totally see working but in flight, not really.  

moin

Think about it for a moment, if you disco and the system gives you two or three minutes, what happens to your plane?  You just fly level for 2-3 minutes?  You'll still fly and on lv .  What if you are siting in a tank somewehre?  or fly a bomber some wehre?  you will be still alive.

come one you cant say it is more negative than positive, your arguments are unlogicaly.

cu chris3

You can vulch me twice my brother!  <S>   :cheers:

Let's see what Hitech says.  If he implements this idea, you have to let me vulch you.  If he stays the course, I will vulch you.   :D
See Rule #4