Author Topic: New HiRes Texture Package  (Read 435 times)

Offline merc76

• Zinc Member
New HiRes Texture Package
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
Yesterday I downloaded the current version of AH 2.23 Patch 0. No problems.

So, today I have just downloaded the latest hi res texture package for the latest update to AH. I let it run the self install. After it was complete I get a Windows pop up about program compatibility. "The program might not have installed correctly". I have two options to select from: "Reinstall using recommended settings" or "This program installed correctly". How do I know if it did or did not install correctly? I can't see any difference in the game with setting at 2048. I had the previous texture package too on the previous version of AH and got the same pop up. Back then I think I selected it had installed correctly, but I couldn't see any difference then either. Windows or me?

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: New HiRes Texture Package
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
I get the same merc, I just click on it installed properly and it goes away. Not had any discernible affect on how the game runs.

(also using win7 64 bit)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »
That pop-up happens because the installer is not being "Run as administrator" and you probably have the game set to do so.  You can ignore it.  It is just that Windows UAC garbage again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline merc76

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
OK, thanks!