Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 23596 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2011, 11:43:26 AM »
How many definitions of "on the concrete" would HT have to coad, then?

<scenario>

I shoot player X until his plane looks like swiss cheese.

Player X belly lands "on the concrete" but just a bit too fast and explodes.

<scenario>

Do I now not get the kill because he was "on the concrete?

You have been playing long enough to know that the easiest fix is to not land or take-off from a capped field.

The ones that do either are just as bad as the vulchers as they are exposing themselves to being vulched.

If everyone stopped upping for 30 seconds, the cappers get bored and go help with town or something else, usually.

Then there is a better chance of getting off of the field.

Simple:  Aircraft below landing speed touching friendly pavement.

Hell, I might even be able to code that! :D

If (aircraft = 1) AND (IAS <= 150) AND (pavement = 1) Then
     invuln = 1
Else
     invuln = 0
End If

(I'm sure it's way more complicated than this, but I know something along the lines of the pavement, speed and vehicle type variables already exist.)

Although...  Based on what I've heard HTC post on vulching in the past, I'd be willing to bet he won't do it! :P

I will say though, some of the most fun I've had in this game are on Titanic Tuesdays.  Even today when the Bishop were getting pounded, I managed to have a flippin' blast! :x
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:53:36 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »
What you mean by "scenario" ?  a planned event is a completely different animal.  I'm talking about main arena free for all environment.  

You didn't specify main arena.  You said

You get an arena with 350+ people in it and gameplay just goes to hell. 

:P
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Simple:  Aircraft below landing speed touching friendly pavement.

Hell, I might even be able to code that! :D

If (aircraft = 1) AND (speed <= 150) AND (pavement = 1) Then
     invuln = 1
Else
     invuln = 0
End If

(I'm sure it's way more complicated than this, but I know something along the lines of the pavement, speed and vehicle type variables already exist.)

Although...  Based on what I've heard HTC post on vulching in the past, I'd be willing to bet he won't do it! :P

I'll bet he won't either, as the solution to being vulched is so simple.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:38 AM »
How many definitions of "on the concrete" would HT have to coad, then?

<scenario>

I shoot player X until his plane looks like swiss cheese.

Player X belly lands "on the concrete" but just a bit too fast and explodes.

<scenario>

Do I now not get the kill because he was "on the concrete?

You have been playing long enough to know that the easiest fix is to not land or take-off from a capped field.

The ones that do either are just as bad as the vulchers as they are exposing themselves to being vulched.

If everyone stopped upping for 30 seconds, the cappers get bored and go help with town or something else, usually.

Then there is a better chance of getting off of the field.

Well I would say if you didn't finish him and he managed to get away then you did NOT kill him! Now if he ran to ack then I would say you are probably flying in the cherryfest and you still failed! I would also say this "scenario" you put forth is quite rare and insignificant.

I think you've been around long enough that this "lost KILL" shouldn't matter at all! :aok  Just saying!

Discouraging the vulch by benign means such as "concrete kill = nothing" could not possibly take away from the game, although IMO it could enhance it!  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
Well I would say if you didn't finish him and he managed to get away then you did NOT kill him! Now if he ran to ack then I would say you are probably flying in the cherryfest and you still failed! I would also say this "scenario" you put forth is quite rare and insignificant.

I think you've been around long enough that this "lost KILL" shouldn't matter at all! :aok  Just saying!

Discouraging the vulch by benign means such as "concrete kill = nothing" could not possibly take away from the game, although IMO it could enhance it!  :aok

JUGgler

Not taking off at a capped field discourages the vulch, requires less coding and will not open the BBS to a whole new set of whines by cretins that cannot or refuse to understand the way lag works.

"I was on concrete"

"Was not"

"On my front end I was"

"Cheater"

"Tard"

The solution is more simple than taking a piss after drinking a six-pack.

I'll repeat it.  Don't up.  Simple, elegant and as benign or even more so, than new coad.

Look out of the tower before you leave. Here is some coad for that...

If (enemy aircraft = sh*%load) AND (friendly aircraft <= 3) AND (Vehicle Hanger = 0)  OR (friendlies on runway =  :ahand  )  Then
Goto another field

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »
Not taking off at a capped field discourages the vulch, requires less coding and will not open the BBS to a whole new set of whines by cretins that cannot or refuse to understand the way lag works.

"I was on concrete"

"Was not"

"On my front end I was"

"Cheater"

"Tard"

The solution is more simple than taking a piss after drinking a six-pack.

I'll repeat it.  Don't up.  Simple, elegant and as benign or even more so, than new coad.

Look out of the tower before you leave. Here is some coad for that...

If (enemy aircraft = sh*%load) AND (friendly aircraft <= 3) AND (Vehicle Hanger = 0)  OR (friendlies on runway =  :ahand  )  Then
Goto another field

Again as many have said before, upping from a nearby field will most likely take too long!

Also as I've said many times over, allow me to get airborne unmolested and I will continue to up, thereby increasing the "kill count" for those doing the "cherry/vulching and also improving my fun, as well as a few others who share my disease  :)

How can that possibly be bad?  :joystick:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RamPytho

• Copper Member
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2011, 12:30:06 PM »
One cannot always be all-inclusive.

I had a blast so far in this scenario.  :aok

The scenario has rules and adult supervision, MA is the romper room without an adult in sight.
Being ~~The Killuminati~~ bait since tour 109

from the OP post, looks like proper grammar is perked and he's all out of perks.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
i'm betting 10 pages...  :joystick:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2011, 12:45:51 PM »
oops

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 12:55:33 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »

Again as many have said before, upping from a nearby field will most likely take too long!

Also as I've said many times over, allow me to get airborne unmolested and I will continue to up, thereby increasing the "kill count" for those doing the "cherry/vulching and also improving my fun, as well as a few others who share my disease  :)

How can that possibly be bad?  :joystick:

JUGgler

Juggler speaks the truth!

As a side note, I was at one of the bases where Juggler was upping. After picking him a couple of times I was disgusted with myself. So the next time in I thought I would just come in on the deck. I up from the cv and came in at about 2k or less. Here he comes in the Jug. I thought great but he doesn't see me since every one is swarming 5k over the top of him and he turns full silhouette in front of me. So what is a bastage to do. I pull the trigger. He tells me nice shot. I'm humbled by it. I'm not worthy.

I don't like picking great pilots in those situations. In a furball anything goes. In a horde anything goes. But to take out a great pilot with a pick that would otherwise own you disgusts me. But I'm glad you were having a great time! Always developing those skills. Always having fun. I like that! <S>

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
If you want a fight with anyone in the MA, the way to go is to PM a buddy you have on the opposition and ask if they would like to duel away from any group/horde action.

I had a number of great fights with Doc72CH last night 1 vs 1 @10k merge, I didn't win many, but had a great amount of fun. It made my evening, as watching the vHorde and friends going from place to place barely opposed was making me rather bored.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
If you want a fight with anyone in the MA, the way to go is to PM a buddy you have on the opposition and ask if they would like to duel away from any group/horde action.

I had a number of great fights with Doc72CH last night 1 vs 1 @10k merge, I didn't win many, but had a great amount of fun. It made my evening, as watching the vHorde and friends going from place to place barely opposed was making me rather bored.

I care less about being out#d, I care less about being circled by a gaggle with 5K advantage over me. I would just like to get off the ground unmolested  :aok  Not too much to ask IMO    <S>  

The vhorde has its place and they start many a fight, they just don't have the stomach to stick it out very long! But I say <S> vhorde!   :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:01:35 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
The scenario has rules and adult supervision, MA is the romper room without an adult in sight.

Scenarios and FSO's bore me to tears. Though I do believe your analysis is closer to correct than I like to think.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline RamPytho

• Copper Member
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »
Scenarios and FSO's are the only things that keep me paying for the game.
logging into the MA makes me  :mad: :bhead :furious in less 30 minutes and I've logged.
Being ~~The Killuminati~~ bait since tour 109

from the OP post, looks like proper grammar is perked and he's all out of perks.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
Scenarios and FSO's are the only things that keep me paying for the game.
logging into the MA makes me  :mad: :bhead :furious in less 30 minutes and I've logged.

I like both. I think of the MA as a place to get practice. Events are the big show, though, more realistic and meaningful.

Not all MA practice is good or useful. Bar and I had offsetting kills over the last week. I ho'ed his Pony with a Tater (I swear he fired first - or maybe I was worried he would) and he returned the favor by showing me that neat trick with the AR234 I'd heard so much about  - a kind of woosh, whew, bang, damn kind of thing. It's all good fun though a bit fantastic. 

At the same time, I've had some really enjoyable fights in the MA . I'm thinking of a nice 1V1 with Duck1 Saturday. MA is just all over the place, from sublime to ridiculous.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.