Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24358 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
your still here arent you?

Yes because every now and then we find that one "white knuckle" fight that reminds us why we play. "Youngins" like you come and go. Another few months and you'll be playing the "next best thing to hit the internet" and we'll still be here.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Now, there is nothing wrong with this, and I was only asking is this the direction the game is going.

Fug, no one with any business sense is going to 'paint himself into a corner' by answering that statement.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »
Fug, no one with any business sense is going to 'paint himself into a corner' by answering that statement.

I don't think he even expected answers but wanted to voice out.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »

I think most of us already has known that answer without him having to say a word.  Action does speak louder than words.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »
oops
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:55:09 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »
Now it seems you have turned more toward other MMO games like WoW and CoD where score is the highlight of the game, where "combat" seems to take a backseat.

How so?

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
Fugi that last post was for Rip been 3 years playin with different handles on all three countries and I ain't goin anywhere, dont you worry. the next best thing....that is funny you act like I'm some run of the mill 2weeker who has no sense of what happens in here or in the game. (could be wrong but that's what I'm seein) yes I play PS1 PS3 360 other games for the computer but none of them are AH and none of them will in my book compare to what this game brings.  I as a even younger cat in the 6th grade discovered this game and began practicing offline whenever I could so I wasn't a goon askin tenbillion questions in game, I leanred the controls by lookin them up. I already knew the a/c having read anything that pertained to history and airpower from that time and before. Now I wasn't anywhere near the knowledge level of some in here but I knew more than the average clown(no pun intended) and I got killed a lot crashed burned and did all things that new guys do. Got my Dad started playing this game, which I think is cool. But my main thing was find one guy who always knew where the fight was and follow him see who he talked to where he went how he moved what he flew where and when he flew it. And I started at the top of the planeset and flew each one fora day till like finding a good pistol, I picked a pair of a/c that felt "right" they handled well had good guns pointed well if you know my meaning. So dont fool yourself into believing I'm some gomer who stumbled into here with no way of telling the ceiling from the floor.

And this Aces High doesn't seem like any fly by night operation so I'm goin to do my job and let the guys in here do theirs, I'm 100% sure that if something with the gameplay affects them it will be changed.
like this conversation if it was a problem it would be fixed maybe its already addressed maybe and its just a maybe...............You need to adapt and overcome. or wallow in your self pity since I guess every day in the game you get swarmed by hundreds of screaming squeakers thirsting fora a kill. IDK glad I dont have to worry about it tell ya what I'm gunna go HO someone witha Hurri1 see if I can win. at worst Ill make em land.

Till next time.
Vudu15
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Fugi that last post was for Rip been 3 years playin with different handles on all three countries and I ain't goin anywhere, dont you worry. the next best thing....that is funny you act like I'm some run of the mill 2weeker who has no sense of what happens in here or in the game.

Compared to a seasoned player who begun his career from FA dial-up times you are a 2-weeker in every shape and form. And don't take this as an attack, I consider myself a noob and I've been playing only 14 years now starting with warbirds and moved to AH when it came out of beta.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »
We long time players are supposed to be the smart ones.

If you can't make Lemonade anymore, then it's time to buy depends and relocate to Florida........ :old:

Just remember,  after lights out....dentures hurt if they ain't in the glass of water. Old tail gunner told me that while he was talking about gunnery when we were inside a B24 few years back. Nice old guy. All the blue hairs kept him reallll busy because to them he was a real American Hero...... :angel:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
I don't know what people are crying so much about. I was on for over 3 hours last night and there was plenty of hard fighting. Nits had a big horde - 3 sectors of full dar bars, I don't know how many planes - hitting 68, they finally took it after over an hour but it cost them plenty. There was certainly time to fly in high from our CV or other bases, and the guys who did had good killing, even if we couldn't save the base - but if what you're concerned about is COMBAT, the good fight is what counts, right? Then we started running missions against the rooks and had plenty of opposition - a couple got busted up, most were successful, but there was heavy combat all across that island (157, 156, 155, plus several CVs) for hours.

Sure, some nights and some fronts are slow and sometimes hordes get out of hand but for the most part anyone who says they can't find any combat in this game isn't looking, or else they're only willing to fight on very limited terms of their own choosing. But you CAN fight against the numbers. You just have to fight smart and have reasonable expectations. You have one big advantage in that they have lots of goals they need to concentrate on if they're going to take the base, while you only have to concentrate on killing them and staying alive.

However, if what you want is an endless series of 1-1 duels, try the DA and quit moaning that that isn't what you find in the MA.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »

I didn't realy expect an answer in words, but in some action or other.

I don't think he even expected answers but wanted to voice out.

This too.

I think most of us already has known that answer without him having to say a word.  Action does speak louder than words.

Yes I believe we do have an answer.

Fugi that last post was for Rip been 3 years playin with different handles on all three countries and I ain't goin anywhere, dont you worry. the next best thing....that is funny you act like I'm some run of the mill 2weeker who has no sense of what happens in here or in the game. (could be wrong but that's what I'm seein) yes I play PS1 PS3 360 other games for the computer but none of them are AH and none of them will in my book compare to what this game brings.  I as a even younger cat in the 6th grade discovered this game and began practicing offline whenever I could so I wasn't a goon askin tenbillion questions in game, I leanred the controls by lookin them up. I already knew the a/c having read anything that pertained to history and airpower from that time and before. Now I wasn't anywhere near the knowledge level of some in here but I knew more than the average clown(no pun intended) and I got killed a lot crashed burned and did all things that new guys do. Got my Dad started playing this game, which I think is cool. But my main thing was find one guy who always knew where the fight was and follow him see who he talked to where he went how he moved what he flew where and when he flew it. And I started at the top of the planeset and flew each one fora day till like finding a good pistol, I picked a pair of a/c that felt "right" they handled well had good guns pointed well if you know my meaning. So dont fool yourself into believing I'm some gomer who stumbled into here with no way of telling the ceiling from the floor.

And this Aces High doesn't seem like any fly by night operation so I'm goin to do my job and let the guys in here do theirs, I'm 100% sure that if something with the gameplay affects them it will be changed.
like this conversation if it was a problem it would be fixed maybe its already addressed maybe and its just a maybe...............You need to adapt and overcome. or wallow in your self pity since I guess every day in the game you get swarmed by hundreds of screaming squeakers thirsting fora a kill. IDK glad I dont have to worry about it tell ya what I'm gunna go HO someone witha Hurri1 see if I can win. at worst Ill make em land.

Till next time.
Vudu15

I started playing this game back in Tour 21, about the time you were 11. This was after playing Aw for 4 years before that back when you were 7. So ya, your a young pup. As for sticking around, you might, but from my experience very few "teens" and early 20's guy stick around. Mostly because your going to find other things taking up your time and this game will slip to the back burner if it isn't completely forgotten. On top of that is the way the game is played now. This is a very simple dumbed down version of what we use to play. More often than not people get bored and move on to something else. You might be different, and I wish you luck.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »
There is alot of anger in this thread.............

Come on fellas...... Let's skate!!!

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
"Youngins" like you come and go. Another few months and you'll be playing the "next best thing to hit the internet" and we'll still be here.
Damn Fugitive!  your still here? lolz  welcome to the "been here too long club"

Actually, ive had one foot out the door for five or six years......someday.  Someday.......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »
Nice Thread1 Enjoy the perspective(s).
<S> :aok
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2011, 01:06:16 AM »
Like how I posted examples of fighting the horde and you and Rip are focused on time in game.

Yes Iam young wont lie, bunch of y'all been flyin on the internet longer than Ive been alive, so what?
Yes I'm "new" as y'all wanna put sure ain't denying it.
but y'all are still whining like little kids "oh they re hoarding the base I cant win what can I do?"
to me it sounds like you should make a life decision here and go checkers or something.....OH but dont
play with any kids they may go find more checkers and horde the board.

Long story short sir you spam this "I hate the horde" yet have no solution to it except some weird lets penalize the group who works together to take your stuff,
guess you better bail and watch some maprooms with a pistol...or something...idk it just it old time after time seeing this with no changes cept location and offending country.
tell you what ask Hitech for an AWACS and see if he'll give you something akin to Skuzzy's ban stick so you can punish those horde offenders.

Little Kid/2weeker out...
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE