Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17587 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
Von Messa was obviously being sarcastic. I mean point me to where anyone in this thread has said "I deserve to control CVs because my rank is higher than yours".

You really are delusional.    

Rank controls CVs. Rank controls CVs whether the higher ranked guy is the one who wants to attack with it, or the one who wants to hold it back, or the one who wants to write his name with the course. That's part of the game. Grow up and deal.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »
You really are delusional.    

I think he was just stating how it currently works, not that they deserve it.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
I think he was just stating how it currently works, not that they deserve it.

No.   He's trying to play the semantics game.    It's ok, every person knows Sir Loki just tripped and fell on his own sword.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:32 PM »

Quote from: Crash Orange on Today at 03:14:10 PM
Rank controls CVs. Rank controls CVs whether the higher ranked guy is the one who wants to attack with it, or the one who wants to hold it back, or the one who wants to write his name with the course. That's part of the game. Grow up and deal.

You really are in kindergarten.

"That's what the rule is" != "That's how the rule ought to be."

How hard is that to understand?

For the 500th time: I did not say "The rule is good, so you have no right to complain."

I said "The rule is what it is. Disliking the rule does not give you a license to cheat."

A six-year-old can understand that. Why can't you?

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »
No AKAK I'm talking about MY cv. The generals park it in the back country "hiding" it from the other basically saying "nobody can play with this".

So normally I give up the location so that at least SOMEBODY can play with it even if it IS the other team.

I just want make sure that this or is not against the rules. Also I would ask what gives the little general more rights than me where he can do what HE wants, but I can't. And by "I can't" I mean use the CV to attack. 

Because he has the rank to do so, and you don't! That's YOUR problem, not his!

Simple solution, get a squadie or somebody else that has the rank, and take it away from the dude.

If you are willing to rat out your own countries CV locations to the other side, just because of somebody not doing what YOU want with them, well, that may not be cheating, but it's just as low and dispicable as what DM did, and probably deserves the same punishment as DM got! Do this enough times and you're gonna start earning a bad rep for yourself and your squad, and they'll likely wanna have a word with you about said membership in the squad!
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:27 PM »
Disliking the rule does not give you a license to cheat."

I "guess" I've cheated. ( I must have missed that part of the contract)

And months later, I'm being "punished" for it. (I'm guessing, to try to convince me not to be a "repeat" offender)

And probably for being such a "disruption" to the game.

Ouch!!

I've been a bad boy.

PERK EVERYTHING!!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:23:00 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2011, 12:25:53 AM »
Not fighting is a tactic, what happens when we all stop doing that?..........   :rolleyes:
This has happened, more than once or twice.  What usually happens is the bunch in question gets bored and logs (heads to the forums and start whining) and a new bunch comes on and starts fighting, or milking, or reporting where the previously friendly now NMY CVs are.  Wash rinse repeat..day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year....see where this is going?

PLAY BALL
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2011, 03:39:28 AM »
You really are in kindergarten.

"That's what the rule is" != "That's how the rule ought to be."

How hard is that to understand?

For the 500th time: I did not say "The rule is good, so you have no right to complain."

I said "The rule is what it is. Disliking the rule does not give you a license to cheat."

And you wonder why your squad is so hated? You guys want to play on to your own standards by which you dictate and care less how others feel on the subject. You think just because you shell out 15$ a month, you have the right to do whatever it is you feel fit for your needs only. Your "code of conduct" gets thrown out the window unless it fits your particular situation at that current time. There is NO honor within you guys what so ever.

I cant tell you how many times Ive logged on the early morning hours and spotted you guys at some rogue CV while having some of you on the oppisite side's roster. Coincidence?  Remember whats good for the goose..well you know. Please feel free to keep this post as reference in the future so I can film and show the rest of the world what "honor" you guys have and how you guys live up to it.

Honor and sportsmanship means you are humble when you win and you realize that you are not going to win all the time. Floods of PMs to opposing players, your choice use of words (cheating*) involving aspects of gameplay that goes against your goals shows that you guys dont handle loosing really well. Until the day ( which I dont see happening soon) comes that you guys realize that you are playing in a sandbox with 100s of other players which dont see eye to eye, you will continue to live up to the community's stereotypes. Just some advice
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:42:20 AM by oTRALFZo »
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:03 AM »
Just some advice

Just some advice...you may want to attack the argument made against you, instead of the player/squad

You did a great job of sounding like a whiny kid and not such a great job of refuting his point

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:05 AM »

If you are willing to rat out your own countries CV locations to the other side, just because of somebody not doing what YOU want with them, well, that may not be cheating, but it's just as low and dispicable as what DM did, and probably deserves the same punishment as DM got!

Well, I'm going to go back to the factual question, because once again, the central issue is being blurred.

According the HiTech himself, doing what you cite here IS cheating. I'd refer you back to his post - the one in which he uses that analogy of playing poker with the expectation that his cards don't get rifled when he goes for a "bear" (sic or he has odd drinking habits, not sure which).

He claims that conduct such as DM's in this case is obviously prohibido. I would offer your post to him as evidence that mastery of the obvious is not a common player trait and that perhaps "The Code" is necessary.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »
Just some advice...you may want to attack the argument made against you, instead of the player/squad

You did a great job of sounding like a whiny kid and not such a great job of refuting his point

Thanks, coombz, but we've heard it all before. I'd like to think I'm a pretty honorable player, I send out my <S>'s and I don't belittle anybody I've killed or have been killed by. So when he said that with an absolute garuntee that we have NO honor whatsoever I just stopped caring, because now he's just just drawing baseless conclusions about anybody with a "v" in front of their name. I hope this isn't how he approaches forming opinions about people in real life, because if so that'd be really sad. Fact is guys get hired, guys get fired, guys get second chances, and guys keep the uniform after leaving. I'd provide examples if it were any of my business or anybody else's, but it's not. And that's if I held no respect for them in the first place (which I don't).

EDIT: That's a double negative at the end, don't trip up.                                       
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:38:10 AM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
SNIPER30
Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #218 on: Today at 02:08:31 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: the "WARBEAST Kill Club"
« Reply #99 on: Today at 02:01:37 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW now I've seen it all!

Now if I'm not mistaken, Warbeast you are always in a 5in gun or other manned gun on the bases am i right? (thought so)

Warbeast,when your in the 5in on the ships don't you routinely call out the location of the CV"S YOUR ON on channel 200 for everyone to see.(thought so)

So now i ask Hitech,what is the difference between this behavior and the one that you muted DMGOD for?(both are doing the same thing)

Sound like a double standard to me!

Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Wow long thread....

I always assumed "Cheating" was limitted to a code hack.  Learn something new everyday.
Who is John Galt?

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »
Wow long thread....

I always assumed "Cheating" was limitted to a code hack.  Learn something new everyday.

lol  thats what you get for assuming
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok