Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17602 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »
Of course there is. 

What's the fun if they tell us the rules we need to abide by?  Why not just let us "find out the hard way"

These rules have to be written in pencil somewhere, posted on the front page I suppose in fine print,........    :rolleyes:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
These rules have to be written in pencil somewhere, posted on the front page I suppose in fine print,........    :rolleyes:

Well leaving it to the judgment of the people really worked  :rolleyes:
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2011, 03:47:39 PM »
What is truly amazing to me is how so many folks seem to work so hard at complicating a game that in the end just isn't that hard to play.

Seems like a bunch of folks need to get outside more cause they're taking this stuff way too seriously.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
That didn't make any sense....I'll try to reword that lol
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:53:57 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
So everyone understands HTC's position. If you change sides to find and kill a country's CV or if you announce your countries CV position just to grief your own country, If HTC finds or is given proof about it.

You will at a minimum be muted for 1 week.

HiTech

Thank-you for a clear and concise answer.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2011, 03:58:38 PM »
So everyone understands HTC's position. If you change sides to find and kill a country's CV or if you announce your countries CV position just to grief your own country, If HTC finds or is given proof about it.

You will at a minimum be muted for 1 week.

HiTech

I hope this applies to trolls advertising their CV location in an effort to generate 5" gun kills for themselves...
 :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
I hope this applies to trolls advertising their CV location in an effort to generate 5" gun kills for themselves...
 :noid

One would think so wouldn't they? only thing he's not doing is changing sides but all else implies to what was stated
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »
Tralfazz,

(1) I don't think we are hated, except by a few people like you. I think we're pretty well-liked among the bish, and we were among the nits when we flew nit. Some people don't like how we play, I like to think that doesn't rise to the level of hate. I don't wonder why you hate us.

(2) We generally fly all bish, all the time. If you see people on other countries very late at night, it's probably because there was no action for the bish.

(3) You're right, cheating is too harsh a word. I should have used the word Hitech just did, griefing. I tried to explain before, it's not the spying per se that ticks me off as much as the attitude of "If you don't play how I want, I'm going to break your toys." You will NEVER see anyone in our squad deliberately sabotaging our own country because we have a difference of opinion about how the game should be played.

(4) I admit I get too easily riled here. It's a character fault I try not to let carry over into the game.
Please for the love of ****, I could never hate anyone playing this game.
The day I do is the day you have to put me down and end it all because I truley lost my mind to get worked up on a video game.

I used to be an OreO. I know how things work within the squad so I know the mentality. Though Im not going to air dirty laundry, I can say that Dallas is a very cool guy to know personally, although I have to say he really takes this game way too seriously ( specificly to foe ). It wasnt the mentality that I prefered to be around after I found that these guys you were taught to hate and they are your mortal enemy are really nice guys to get to know. I took a break from the total CRUSH AND CONQUEST mentality and discovered a whole new world in this game that I truley got to respect and appreciate.

These people that are regarded as "elitists" are not trying to make you play their way. They are simply telling you that they've been there and done that in their AH career and that ther is a whole new level in this game that if you gave it a shot..youd probably like it. My advice..try touring and see how the squad reacts to it. It really puts things into perspective. If you dont like it, then no harm done.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »
Tralfazz,

(3) You're right, cheating is too harsh a word. I should have used the word Hitech just did, griefing. I tried to explain before, it's not the spying per se that ticks me off as much as the attitude of "If you don't play how I want, I'm going to break your toys." You will NEVER see anyone in our squad deliberately sabotaging our own country because we have a difference of opinion about how the game should be played.

lol u guys keep saying "don't play the way we want". What's funny is how you guys try to force everybody to play the way you guys want. You guys taking the cvs out of play isn't what everybody wants. I flew Bish for a couple of months and I'm sure you recall anytime u guys would hide a cv I would try moving it back into play and man O man did you guys light up country and man the PMs I got were GREAT. So perhaps u should stop using the "we don't play the way u want us to card".
Not that it matters but I shall be switching to bish tonight and will be bish for tour 134 I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with you guys     
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2011, 06:45:38 PM »
lol u guys keep saying "don't play the way we want". What's funny is how you guys try to force everybody to play the way you guys want. You guys taking the cvs out of play isn't what everybody wants. I flew Bish for a couple of months and I'm sure you recall anytime u guys would hide a cv I would try moving it back into play and man O man did you guys light up country and man the PMs I got were GREAT. So perhaps u should stop using the "we don't play the way u want us to card".
Not that it matters but I shall be switching to bish tonight and will be bish for tour 134 I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with you guys     

Looking forward to flying with you.  :salute

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
WOW 23 pages in 3 days, that must be some kind of record!

:bolt:
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
No way man.....  They do not deserve a reward....................... ..      :bolt:

That didn't make any sense....I'll try to reword that lol

:D
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
lol u guys keep saying "don't play the way we want". What's funny is how you guys try to force everybody to play the way you guys want.

PM and Country Channel wars over CV control are endless and go both ways. People take CVs and move them one way, and other people take them back and move them the other way, and zany hijinks ensue. But that isn't "forcing" anything, and it isn't what I'm saying is wrong.

What you WON'T see is anyone from our squad deliberately getting the CV sunk, purposefully fouling up someone else's mission, or otherwise sabotaging our own team if someone with a higher rank takes a CV or otherwise does something other than what we might prefer. That is what I mean by "I'll smash your toys if you don't play my way." Not disagreeing, but acting like a spoiled brat and breaking things in a temper tantrum if someone else gets their way.

I can promise you, if you have a higher rank and do something with a CV I think is foolish, I may tell you I think you're being foolish, but I will NOT help the enemy sink the CV in order to "punish" you for doing something I don't like. Nor will anyone else in the Devil's Brigade.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
PM and Country Channel wars over CV control are endless and go both ways. People take CVs and move them one way, and other people take them back and move them the other way, and zany hijinks ensue. But that isn't "forcing" anything, and it isn't what I'm saying is wrong.

What you WON'T see is anyone from our squad deliberately getting the CV sunk, purposefully fouling up someone else's mission, or otherwise sabotaging our own team if someone with a higher rank takes a CV or otherwise does something other than what we might prefer. That is what I mean by "I'll smash your toys if you don't play my way." Not disagreeing, but acting like a spoiled brat and breaking things in a temper tantrum if someone else gets their way.

I can promise you, if you have a higher rank and do something with a CV I think is foolish, I may tell you I think you're being foolish, but I will NOT help the enemy sink the CV in order to "punish" you for doing something I don't like. Nor will anyone else in the Devil's Brigade.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »
QFT   :cheers:

PM and Country Channel wars over CV control are endless and go both ways.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.