Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17569 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
it's amazing to me how people are so concerned about a stupid CV, either hiding it, or ratting it out.

how anyone could get so worked up either way.. I just don't get it.

^THIS^
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »
it's amazing to me how people are so concerned about a stupid CV, either hiding it, or ratting it out.

how anyone could get so worked up either way.. I just don't get it.
Whats next Kvuo? One day your going to up from a flashing base, come across a NOE and thwart it and then the babies are going to cry foul.

This issue has been "dealt" with every since Ive been in my 2 week trial. You hide a CV, chances are its going to get sunk. Both actions are completly lame but only one side is getting punished  :confused:
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
can we just let this die off
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
Alchemists the same as the Devils? Please. I've flown with both and I know the Alchemists approach attack missions their own way.

Go back and reread my first post, the one you responded to, and read BOTH quotes referenced. But this time do it without alcohol or whatever had impaired your comprehension.

:aok
Floyd

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Are you implying that I take the game too seriously?   

Jeez I hope not :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »
Jeez I hope not :)

I hope not, too, considering it would be weird to be so serious about a game I don't even play anymore  :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2011, 11:41:11 PM »
I don't really think that this is that big of a deal, I might complain if a person takes control of a CV only to destroy it but this game has maps where you really need a carrier to advance your front.

In the case of a stolen boat, if a country can't work together well enough to bomb a carrier of all things do you really think the deserve to win it?  This is a combat simulation and nobody should feel entitled to anything they can't blow up first.

<S>
vWNTRGRN
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2011, 06:55:23 AM »
Go back and reread my first post, the one you responded to, and read BOTH quotes referenced. But this time do it without alcohol or whatever had impaired your comprehension.

:aok

Wasn't a comprehension issue, I simply typed Alch's instead of Jokers by accident. I'm a good friend with some of the Alch's and I've been getting to know the Jokers better, I sometimes mix them up by accident when talking about one or the other. In the middle of typing what I'm saying sometimes I might substitute words for what I was thinking about. Frustratingly, this happens quite often. Especially when I'm multi-tasking. I'm sure I'm not the only quick-typer who has a problem with this.

Thanks for not drawing conclusions about my IQ and instead saying it must have been a mistake on the part of a drug. I appreciate it.  :aok

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2011, 06:57:17 AM »
Hide?

The salami?

:bolt:

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #399 on: March 04, 2011, 07:04:58 AM »
Wasn't a comprehension issue, I simply typed Alch's instead of Jokers by accident. I'm a good friend with some of the Alch's and I've been getting to know the Jokers better, I sometimes mix them up by accident when talking about one or the other. In the middle of typing what I'm saying sometimes I might substitute words for what I was thinking about. Frustratingly, this happens quite often. Especially when I'm multi-tasking. I'm sure I'm not the only quick-typer who has a problem with this.

Thanks for not drawing conclusions about my IQ and instead saying it must have been a mistake on the part of a drug. I appreciate it.  :aok

I understand, they are spelled similarly so I understand how you could accidentally type one instead of the other. I have the same problem with mixing up or using the incorrect ostriches as well, I often experience it while trying to type a post on my cat and talk on the stapler at the same time.
Floyd

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »
I understand, they are spelled similarly so I understand how you could accidentally type one instead of the other. I have the same problem with mixing up or using the incorrect ostriches as well, I often experience it while trying to type a post on my cat and talk on the stapler at the same time.

The invoice for my new monitor is in the mail...

:rofl

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »

You're a real hoot.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2011, 07:11:09 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You're a real hoot.

only on my first cup of coffee, too.  :D
Floyd

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »

:rofl :rofl
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
I do not believe it is reasonable to expect HTC to spell out every rule that might apply to the game.  In some cases the "reasonable and prudent (unwritten)" should be enough for a reasonable and prudent person to make decisions about what is and what is not acceptable.

My example would be the old gameboard "Battleship" game.  I have this game at home and I checked the rules.  No where does it say that it is against the rules to peek over and see where your apponent has his ships positioned.  I think that any reasonable and prudent person would not find "peeking" acceptable.

I know others have drawn parrallell's with other examples, (playing cards) etc.  I hope this clarifies my own personal opinion, for whatever that is worth.
Wag more, bark less.