Author Topic: 262 peer  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: 262 peer
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
but HTC included the B29 and Brewster before all of those seemingly more deserving gaping hole fillers.    ;)

Yep, so they did, and those planes are done now. It is just my opinion that it should be the actual work horses' turn from now on. Just my opinion obviously, I have no control over what HTC decides to do.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:20:49 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
I agree with all of the above wmaker but HTC included the B29 and Brewster before all of those seemingly more deserving gaping hole fillers.    ;)
True, HTC is serving customers. Thts why we got the b29, couse the majority wanted it.
But in the other hand, we have a lot of very late war über rides, while some core types are missing even though they were playing major role in the war ( i know, the 152 or the Comet is in this category, but the p47M or the f4u4 too). The meteor would be an über picker ride.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:25:17 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
Yep, so they did, and those planes are done now. It is just my opinion that it should be the actual work horses' turn from now on. Just my opinion obviously, I have no control over what HTC decides to do.

If only it were that simple WMaker.  I agree with you, but it goes back to some of my original thoughts on, what makes keeps people playing.  I don't really care about flying scenarios and whether or not the plane was used in X role with X load out.  I enjoy having a variety of planes to challenge my inability to fly.  Adding another jet to the arsenal (not the weak English team) would make for an interesting skill set to learn, seeing as how you could foreseeably fight it in a way distinct from the present jet. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »
"The Meteors flew armed reconnaissance and ground attack operations

I wonder if any German ground AA batteries fired on the meteors during any of these ground attack missions. If so, there's your "combat" qualifier. Nowhere in what people have generally discussed as the accepted qualifications for inclusion into this game have I ever read that a plane had to engage other planes in air-to-air combat specifically, but combat in general. And ground attack sorties are most certainly combat, especially if there is anti-aircraft fire present.... I'm pretty sure going in low to bomb ground targets in WWII was a lot quicker way to find yourself dead in a smoking hole in the ground than was flying high altitude fighter sweep missions.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »
I agree with all of the above wmaker but HTC included the B29 and Brewster before all of those seemingly more deserving gaping hole fillers.    ;)
:rofl :aok

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Youre british, its natural you wanna fly your nations best plane. I respect that. But first we need something russian.
Seeing as we already have my nations best plane, I can be content for now and wait till my friends get a meteor :)
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
True, HTC is serving customers. Thts why we got the b29, couse the majority wanted it.
But in the other hand, we have a lot of very late war über rides, while some core types are missing even though they were playing major role in the war ( i know, the 152 or the Comet is in this category, but the p47M or the f4u4 too). The meteor would be an über picker ride.
Yes it will be a picker ride just like most of the other perked planes.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
Vote yes for M.I.L.F.  :aok

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »
Haha this intense campaign   :lol
Best luck with your ride  :salute
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:42:22 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2011, 10:15:49 PM »
If only it were that simple WMaker.  I agree with you, but it goes back to some of my original thoughts on, what makes keeps people playing.  I don't really care about flying scenarios and whether or not the plane was used in X role with X load out.  I enjoy having a variety of planes to challenge my inability to fly.  Adding another jet to the arsenal (not the weak English team) would make for an interesting skill set to learn, seeing as how you could foreseeably fight it in a way distinct from the present jet. 
If the Meteor's acceleration is anywhere near as sluggish as the 262's, I don't know if you can bet on its effective flying style in the MA moshpits being all that different from the 262's.  A high perk price wouldnt help. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2011, 10:32:17 PM »
you know that V1 tipping was banned after the germans started to booby trap them to explode if it started to bank after the coarse was set.   a couple of spit XII were lost that way .  plus at  600yrds that 1000lb bomb would hurt

Which Spit XII were those?

Never heard that anywhere in terms of Spit XII losses and I've got info on all of them
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »
if I have to settle down for a spitXII...I'll do it
now posting as SirNuke

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2011, 07:25:20 AM »
if I have to settle down for a spitXII...I'll do it

Bah thread stealer, besides, clipped XIV with bubble or the XIX....

Anyway, this is a jet thread, leave your silly R. Mitchell uber machines out of out and let the boys at gloster show their stuff. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2011, 12:10:23 PM »
Bah thread stealer, besides, clipped XIV with bubble or the XIX....

Anyway, this is a jet thread, leave your silly R. Mitchell uber machines out of out and let the boys at gloster show their stuff. 

LOL what would you do with a Spitfire 19?  It's a recce bird with no guns.  Clipped XIV with the bubble was postwar,  The very few bubble Spit XIVs that go into the game at the very end were full span wings as they were used as fighters, not ground attack birds like the IXs and XVIs.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
I agree with all of the above wmaker but HTC included the B29 and Brewster before all of those seemingly more deserving gaping hole fillers.    ;)

To this, I just wanted to add that Meteor isn't even remotely comparable to B-29 nor Brewster when it comes to amount of action they saw.

What is indeed true is the fact that, compared to the Brewster and B-29, there are planes that saw roughly as much or more action yet to be modelled.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!